The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If Bo goes then get rid of Rutherford!

Rate this topic

Steve The Poolman

17 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

FTFY

True.  Those two built the core.  Gillis built the supporting cast so that core could do their best.  Still took Gillis’ greatness to get us those fabulously successful teams.  It’s not arguable that Gills was the HM during our teams most success.  

We were totally bamboozled by the teams AMAZING late run last year. The boys played out of their minds racing for the playoffs and falling a bit short. 

We're not anywhere near the pack mentality defense wise. 

If Bruce can find that kool aid recipe again.. man that would be great. 

I think Hogs could go down and develop chemistry with Podz and Lock. When OEL skated off we should have sent him to the hospital then to Hawaii for rehab ltir. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

We were totally bamboozled by the teams AMAZING late run last year. The boys played out of their minds racing for the playoffs and falling a bit short. 

I think Hogs could go down and develop chemistry with Podz and Lock. When OEL skated off we should have sent him to the hospital then to Hawaii for rehab ltir. 

And through that run and after JR kept saying we needed big changes and that Demko was stealing those wins.  

• Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Well, just in case you miss it............on Global sports tonight

Bettman thinks the cap will only go up 1 million.....not 4

I think alot of GM's get Heart burn tonight on that one

Bettmsn reoresents the owners.  I wonder if he is saying this now so owner’s, currently negotiating with players (likecwe are with Bo) can squeeze those players for better contracts?  Announce the cap is going up by 5 mil and those negotiations are more difficult for the owner’s.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

When your better players are over 26 , and you still are at the bottom after years, what is the point in signing them for a lot more money and longer contracts just to remain the same?

You won't improve with better ELC players picks

You have used the cap on those expensive players to keep you exactly what you have seen for years

We didn't win with them, why give them retirement contracts with bigger pay?

Best to cut the losses and build from the ground up and build it right

We have some good players, but not the right mix and drive

Edited by ba;;isticsports
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

When your better players are over 26 , and you still are at the bottom after years, what is the point in signing them for a lot more money and longer contracts just to remain the same the same?

You won't get better with better ELC players

You have used the cap on those expensive players to keep you exactly what you have seen for years

We didn't win with them, we won't giving them retirement contracts with bigger pay

Best to cut the losses and build from the ground up and build it right

We have some good players, but not the right mix and drive

Just saw a blurb on Doug Gilmour and Dave Andrechuck was talking about when he came too the Leafs and how he just has this drive and passion for the game that everyone just followed his lead and they became a team… that’s what the Canucks are missing, right now they are a bunch old players not working together for whatever reason

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Just saw a blurb on Doug Gilmour and Dave Andrechuck was talking about when he came too the Leafs and how he just has this drive and passion for the game that everyone just followed his lead and they became a team… that’s what the Canucks are missing, right now they are a bunch old players not working together for whatever reason

Toronto didn't win a cup with them 

The Canucks have brought so many players in here in last 10 years who were to be character guys and we still remained bottom feeders

We hired new cooks (management), Sometimes you just need a new recipe,(players), the ingredients may be good, just the wrong mix of ingredients

2 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was just talking about Conner Garland 

and how he scored 9 goals in his first 15 games

and it was "All Hail the Angry Elf"

he proceeded to score 10 goals in his next 62 games

Likewise the team got really hot when Bruce arrived

but 

went 14-13 from March 1 til seasons end

one game over .500 with some winner points and some loser points does not exactly qualify as an AMAZING late season run

Like Conner Garland, the team was really hot when Bruce arrived, then hot, then not hot to finish off the season

37 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

The Canucks have brought so many players in here in last 10 years who were to be character guys and we still remained bottom feeders

We hired new cooks (management), Sometimes you just need a new recipe,(players), the ingredients may be good, just the wrong mix of ingredients

No they sure didn’t but they had a decent team unlike our present Canucks with everyone playing hot potato with the puck… change is needed.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, ba;;isticsports said:

Hey chef

continuing with your kitchen metaphor

I think the recipe was flawed from the get go

and by recipe I mean the "Protect the young with veteran leadership" recipe

this team sucked for the final 3 years of the Sedin era

as if the Sedins weren't enough "Veteran Leadership"

we also had 

2015-16- Hansen, Vrbata, Burrows, Edler, Bartkowski, Dorsett, Hamhius, Cracknell, Sutter, Prust, Weber, Biega, HIggins, R. Miller

2016-17- add Eriksson, Skille, Megna and Larsen and Tanev and Sbisa turned 26

2017-18 add Vanek, Gagner, Del Z, Jokinen, Dowd, Nilsson

and who were they protecting?

2015-16  Horvat, Baertschi, HUtton, McCann, Vey, Virtanen, Etem, Tryamkin, Granlund, Gaunce

2016-17  add Boucher, Boeser, Stecher, Goldobin, Molino, Crammerosa and Labate

2017-18  add Pouliot, Leipic, Motte , Gaudette

I think Chef Jimmer sold us a bill of goods by adding a whole truck load of rotten tomatoes to a big bowl of unripe yet squishy cucumbers and called it a salad for the ages

if you are keeping score,

Edler, Tanev and Dowd are still playing in the league

as are Horvat, McCann, Boeser, Stecher and Motte

that was 25 Veteran Rutabagas ushering in 20 little green onion

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Keenan traded Linden.  And the futures he got ended up Turing into the leaders of the best team we ever had.  Sadly, our current owner will not allow trades (of key core players, like Bo) for futures.  

I don't give credit to Keenan for "the best team we ever had". Burke orchestrated much of that "best team".