The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] December 14 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Calgary Flames - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Saddledome

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Well I ended up grabbing some tickets for tonight. 

It was a lot easier to put on my canucks jersey to away games when we were a good team. 

Ah wells, still gotta support these a holes lol. 

Lol. You live in Calgary? Good luck bro 

I was watching UFC at the same time as last game so I missed most of the wonderful outing.

I hear the Minny loss was all JT's fault....The Wild also beat EDM next game, so I think we can go ahead and blame that one on JT too.

Now, if that big mean Shenn would keep his yap shut until they get into the toxic dressing room maybe we can relieve our very lovely supportive media. They seem very stressed.

...and Bo... enjoy whatever team you end up on but realise that you instantly become the enemy. 

Ok,

Flames are going to get stomped tonight. 

Go Nucks.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I was watching UFC at the same time as last game so I missed most of the wonderful outing.

I hear the Minny loss was all JT's fault....The Wild also beat EDM next game, so I think we can go ahead and blame that one on JT too.

Now, if that big mean Shenn would keep his yap shut until they get into the toxic dressing room maybe we can relieve our very lovely supportive media. They seem very stressed.

...and Bo... enjoy whatever team you end up on but realise that you instantly become the enemy. 

Ok,

Flames are going to get stomped tonight. 

Go Nucks.

It’s funny when some of the JT haters here forget when QH or Petey does those costly giveaways ending up in our net. #blamemiller fan club never fails

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

This team is so stupid. We pour money into all these wingers every year and yet we have fourth liners (Lazar) (Pearson last 5 years) playing on the first line and $5 million dollar first and second liners (Boeser, Garland) on the third line. It's no wonder we're broke with no cap space. Like duh. Dysfunctional between management and coaching.

4 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

This team is so stupid. We pour money into all these wingers every year and yet we have fourth liners (Lazar) (Pearson last 5 years) playing on the first line and $5 million dollar first and second liners (Boeser, Garland) on the third line. It's no wonder we're broke with no cap space. Like duh. Dysfunctional between management and coaching.

Lazar Is there to play a defensive role that boeser and garland can’t. Someone’s gotta help out the D when JT passes to the other team

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

It’s funny when some of the JT haters here forget when QH or Petey does those costly giveaways ending up in our net. #blamemiller fan club never fails

EP leads the team in points and is a plus 4

Quinn leads the team in points by a defenceman, also leads in ice time and is a minus 1

Miller is  the 3rd leading scorer, and a minus 10.

Easy to see why Miller gets the heat, which will likely get worse next year when he will be the highest paid guy.

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Anyone listen to Drance today on 650? That guy is just brutal. Not an ounce of positivity in that idiot. 

Drance didn’t write any articles related to the Canucks when they were beating Avs n vgk. As soon as they started winning poorly in OT again he pumped out like an article a day on how we should rebuild like ‘insert team of the week’

5 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I was looking forward to seeing Studnicka with Miller and Horvat :(

Love Lazar, but that aint the right fit Bruce.

I would have tried Stud there too.

He looks to have some real skill. 

Dont know what the thought is with Lazar...maybe trying to roll 4 lines more evenly? who knows...

4 minutes ago, mordekai said:

Lazar Is there to play a defensive role that boeser and garland can’t. Someone’s gotta help out the D when JT passes to the other team

Yeah true that. We just waste a lot of money signing redundant players. Let's see if Lazar has that spark we need. Maybe he'll have some extra jump against his former team.

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

EP leads the team in points and is a plus 4

Quinn leads the team in points by a defenceman, also leads in ice time and is a minus 1

Miller is  the 3rd leading scorer, and a minus 10.

Easy to see why Miller gets the heat, which will likely get worse next year when he will be the highest paid guy.

Gotta admit EP does get the heat sometimes too..

Last year in GDT's some folks were posting picutres of Bambi on ice referring to EP and saying he should be sent to thte minors.

I think of those times when people are blaming JT for everything under the sun. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

33 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

It’s almost like being a degenerate gambler. The next bet has to hit! 

In all seriousness, teams have picked it up in the past and gone on as good teams into the playoffs. One of them not that long ago went from worst in the NHL to Cup winners. 

Surprise Seinfeld GIF

Yup that magical run of the Blues that year......but didn't fire the coach?.....would love it to happen to the Nucks...

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Gotta admit EP does get the heat sometimes too..

Last year in GDT's some folks were posting picutres of Bambi on ice referring to EP and saying he should be sent to thte minors.

I think of those times when people are blaming JT for everything under the sun. 

Yup ...Nuck fans knew what they were getting with him...high risk....high reward....and truly....the least of the all the concerns for this team

• Cheers 2