The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 14, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

18 minutes ago, Devron said:

Kuzmenko shouldn’t be a guy you just let go. He’s basically a rookie. He could end up being a hell of a player for the next 8-10 years 

Yeah but he's a UFA after this season.

All that Canucks can do is offer him a fair contract probably something between 5-7. If Kuzmenko rejects the offer, we have to trade him and get something for him. 

If he wants to get paid, then he will hit UFA unless the Canucks overpays.

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

There's just no way we risk letting him walk for nothing. This franchise has to learn at some point. You need to get something. It's a free asset you didn't have.

I agree but only if there is no chance of re-signing first. 

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

If Kuz's agent is demanding too much. What would be the minimum return? He should be at least a high second rounder or a late first shouldn't he as he's affordable?

I think so, he’s not really a rookie, and he’s nearly ppg

• Cheers 2

Just now, jyu said:

Yeah but he's a UFA after this season.

All that Canucks can do is offer him a fair contract probably something between 5-7. If Kuzmenko rejects the offer, we have to trade him and get something for him. 

If he wants to get paid, then he will hit UFA unless the Canucks overpays.

It’s not a simple as that. All depends on the offers we get at the deadline. Does not mean he won’t sign a deal before the offseason. All I’m saying really is it would be silly just to trade him for “something”. If it’s a 1st +. By all means 

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Devron said:

It’s not a simple as that. All depends on the offers we get at the deadline. Does not mean he won’t sign a deal before the offseason. All I’m saying really is it would be silly just to trade him for “something”. If it’s a 1st +. By all means 

We have been down this road. If we risk trying to sign him after the deadline and he walks and we get nothing. A lot will say in here we should have traded him at the deadline. This management is awful. I am sorry but this franchise can't afford the risk. Something is better than nothing. Can't really argue that.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

Just now, Devron said:

Glad I’m not the only one that noticed

His skating was really good tonight.  And he wasn’t fumbling the puck in his own end. Like he looked against the Sharks a few times too.  Some creativity in the O zone.  Weird tool that would have him last.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

It should be more than a 1st for sure.

Anything lower means Allvin got robbed... which could happen I guess.

24 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

But you guys would love to be wrong, right?

Sure. But what you're proposing doesn't add up, that's all. 

I think he nets a second-rounder, and that would be okay if the Canucks hand is forced. 

The 2023 draft is a particularly deep one. 

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We have been down this road. If we risk trying to sign him after the deadline and he walks and we get nothing. A lot will say in here we should have traded him at the deadline. This management is awful. I am sorry but this franchise can't afford the risk.

Honestly don’t give a sh!t about 4th rounders etc. give us something of quality or F off I say 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1