The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] All Canucks FOR SALE except EP40 who is "Untouchable".

RU SERIOUS

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s funny but also quite true at the same time.

One playoff appearance in 14-15 bought him 5 seasons. Then the bubble bought him another couple.

The bar has been set quite low for management you’re right.

Gillis followed the owner’s direction and built some great teams.  (He didn’t really build the core groups but he definitely built around them so the6 could be great) Then as soon as he suggested it was time to rebuild the owner fired him.  So much for all those successful years.  I hope JR will tell the owner what w3 really need to do (I’m thinking JR knows) and our owner actually listens and follows the advice.  

• Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Gillis followed the owner’s direction and built some great teams.  (He didn’t really build the core groups but he definitely built around them so the6 could be great) Then as soon as he suggested it was time to rebuild the owner fired him.  So much for all those successful years.  I hope JR will tell the owner what w3 really need to do (I’m thinking JR knows) and our owner actually listens and follows the advice.  

Nope probably not.

He’ll hire the next rookie GM who’s willing to tell him what he wants to hear.

Rinse and repeat.

• There it is 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Good points but sadly, it seems JR has been neutered..

• There it is 1

13 minutes ago, Angry Goose said:

I do think its still too early to judge this mgmt group but depending on what happens btw now and the end of next season-that’s sort pf the deadline for me.

They could stumble out of it bassackwards but I have zero faith after the complete lack of understanding they have shown. Allvin just literally came out and proclaimed for everyone they're sticking with stupid no matter what. It's early but unless they change their course no way they come out of this tailspin. It's going to be ugly for at least several years.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

No that didn’t happen at all! Why dol you kkeep

posting this nonsense?

Because it did.  Go back and read Freidman’s reporting on it.  He reported, a couple weeks prior to the 2022 TDL, that Miller was off the market and that we were going to sign him.  Two weeks before the TDL.  Go back int9 the “Miller Trade thread” and look.  It’s there. We went over this before.  It’s up to you to believe Freidman’s reporting or not.  But considering the history of our owner, I tend to believe him.  

Edited by Alflives
  • There it is 1

Just now, Gawdzukes said:

They could stumble out of it bassackwards but I have zero faith after the complete lack of understanding they have shown. Allvin just literally came out and proclaimed for everyone they're sticking with stupid no matter what. It's early but unless they change their course no way they come out of this tailspin. It's going to be ugly for at least several years.

I dont know about “literally”.  If you are referring to After Hours it was prettty obvious to me that PA couched his terms intentionally. Hes not one to talk a big game given that: nothing is for sure/things can change quickly (player movement) and he seems like a “talk is cheap” kind of guy.  Right now it seems like their hands are tied player movement wise

46 minutes ago, nergish said:

I'm Huggy Bear's biggest fanboy, but I'd do:

VAN

Q. Hughes
B. Boeser // C. Garland
T. Myers

NJD

D. Hamilton

S. Nemec
S. Mukhamadullin
1st 2023

We take back Hamilton and his hefty price-tag (pair with OEL?), but ship out Myers. Complete overhaul of our defensive cupboard, and possibly take another defender in the 1st round. Would love to squeeze Dawson Mercer outta them too, but that's asking quite a bit.

NJD moves their team into Win-Now Mode by completing the Hughes trifecta, inserting Myers as a veteran D, and taking their pick of Garland or Boeser for a top-6 winger.

Maybe they even prefer Pearson for some reason? Experienced veteran winger, a bit cheaper than Boeser or Garland.

NJ won't trade Nemec. Kid is great and grossly underestimated. He plays offensively and defensively at high level, which is a rare combination.

• Cheers 1

I think the only reason that Boudreau hasn’t been fired yet is because management is afraid of the backlash. They know fans see right through them throwing him under the bus. As soon as they change the coach the target will be on them even more.

Like Ferraro said this management group is afraid to make a big move. If that’s the case, they might as well pack their S$&@ now. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

I think the only reason that Boudreau hasn’t been fired yet is because management is afraid of the backlash. They know fans see right through them throwing him under the bus. As soon as they change the coach the target will be on them even more.

Like Ferraro said this management group is afraid to make a big move. If that’s the case, they might as well pack their S$&@ now. 

Handcuffed FO...

• There it is 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I bet nothing happens. We overpay to resign Bo and continue on the current path of being bad but not bad enough to get a franchise altering pick for the foreseeable future. It's the Canuck way. 

That would be fine if they can dump Myers, Pearson, Garland, and Boeser.

Don’t have a lot of faith in this group getting that done though.

Just now, DeNiro said:

I don't see it the same way. I just don't think there is any point. Bruce is clearly not the issue, and this team isn't going anywhere this year. Best case scenario is what? We get a new coach, it bumps our play a little, we finish just outside on a playoff spot like last year?

Just let it play out and focus on what really matters, fixing this tire fire of a lockeroom.

• Upvote 2
  • There it is 1

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

So the Canucks are selling but the only teams that have cap space to buy are looking for deals that are pennies on the dollar.  Great.

And any ones that are willing to give up a good price the currency isn't good enough. We only deal in Kronas. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I think it's more likely ownership preventing anything major from happening. I don't want to sound like I'm trying to defend management (I'm not), but there's a reason that this group seems virtually indistinguishable from the previous regime.

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1

16 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Glad ownership at least had enough common sense to sign them short term.

Cant see them doing much between now and then to warrant an extension.

That being said can we expect the Aquilinis to make the Sedins co-GMs as a PR stunt next?

Come one, come all to the grand and inviting Rogers place. Gather around and see the mysterious Sedin brothers make objects disappear from your wallet without you even knowing it.

p.s. Bring $50 for a hotdog and a coke

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Come one, come all to the grand and inviting Rogers place. Gather around and see the mysterious Sedin brothers make objects disappear from your wallet without you even knowing it.

p.s. Bring $50 for a hotdog and a coke

Yikes $50 vs $2 just outside at the Costco.  Must be a high end, hotdog ?

Edited by ShawnAntoski