The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Edmonton Oilers | Dec. 23, 2022

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, AnthonyG said:

Myers and OEL have hardly been paired together this season. Less then 200 mins in 33 games. 

Also, OEL’s +/- has been a victim of poor goaltending. There have been quite a few weak goals going in this season, that is purely on the goalies. Sure he gets in trouble from time to time, but its nowhere near as bad as you think.

was not OELs fault for the 2nd goal against, he made a good play to get the puck up the wall, Horvat took 0 strides and coasted, Edmontons dman skated and beat Horvat to the puck, kept the puck in and next thing you know, the puck is across to the other side and then sent backdoor to McDavid. OEL was tied up with Draisaitl after making the play to get the puck to an area where we should have won the race and got the puck out.

You forgot that puck should have never gotten to mcjesus if giraffe slid properly and block that pass

12 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Seeing him being handed the belt tonight. he's built like a &%$#n linebacker. That may give him a big look in net. The top of the net is only 48".

He plays with an almost layed back, quiet confidence like you see in Demko when he's at his best.  Spencer can be great technically. But he's more jerky. Not saying he's from the Jerk Store. Nevermind.

Did someone tell him “ well the jerk store called, and they’re running out of you!”  (Seinfeldism)

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, mordekai said:

You forgot that puck should have never gotten to mcjesus if giraffe slid properly and block that pass

I wouldnt say it “should have never” gotten to McWhiner. Myers sprawled out and the pass went under his stick blade back door. His stick was there, just went under the blade which he cant flatten his stick blade out. 
This play would have never happened if Horvat skated. It caused everyone to be caught out of position because we lost a foot race we should have won and then it was down low, across the ice and then backdoor in under 3 seconds.

Either way, we got the W and Myers saved a backdoor pass later in the game that was crucial

• Cheers 1

17 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

Delia for vezna :emot-parrot:

Honestly deserves the next start. No bad goals. Martin lets a bad one every game if feels like. I think Martin is fine as a back up but it’s showing he’s not a starter. Run Delia see where he takes us 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Honestly deserves the next start. No bad goals. Martin lets a bad one every game if feels like. I think Martin is fine as a back up but it’s showing he’s not a starter. Run Delia see where he takes us 

The goalies should be fairly relaxed going into each game knowing they can let in 3 or 4 and the team still has a good chance to win.

Just gotta focus on making the big saves at the right time. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

The goalies should be fairly relaxed going into each game knowing they can let in 3 or 4 and the team still has a good chance to win.

Just gotta focus on making the big saves at the right time. 

I’ll give Martin credit there he doesn’t let the bad ones get to him. Just have seen too many for my liking 

Am I hyper sensitive or do the refs keep gifting McDiver with power plays? Coils get away with head shots, picks, and interference. On the other side, Nucks can't make legal checks (Schen) or touch McDavid stick without a  penalty. I am so happy the Coils lost. 

• Cheers 4