The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Slovakia vs. Canada | Quarterfinal | Jan. 02, 2023 | 3:30 pm PT

Rate this topic

Just now, Mustard Tiger said:

Dallas turned a mid 2nd into a high 1st+ value by doing nothing. Because the kid is in a position to succeed. Good jr team, Good teammates for the national tournaments... Mix in being a RH C... With a motor like mottes and a solid 2 way game.. 

I'm really struggling to see why we don't think of these things. All the smart teams do it seems. 

I'll just let this topic die as I don't want to seem like I'm trashing or down on klim haha. I'm just very down on our teams decision making 

We all hope for Klim to blossom into an NHLer.  But this is Benning being the arrogant scout who thinks he knows more than everyone else.  He watched OJ for one tournament and overruled the years put in by the scouting staff.  Tried it with Glass, but fortunately Trevor stepped in a stopped that.  Then with no one to stop him he saw Klim for one week at a tournament and that was his guy.  Benning seemed like a genuinely nice person, but he did have an arrogant streak about his scouting eye.  Klim is a big boy, and has loads of skill, so he could turn into a player.  

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Bedard is a C

Pettersson - Bedard is a nice 1-2 punch though.

Mikh - Bedard - Kuz

Laf - Pettersson - Lysell

Take out Lysol and put in a guy who can play without the puck (Lekkerimaki) and it’s much improved.  

16 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

He wouldn't be in the A. He's also C. I think we have seen enough examples of how well these small skilled Cs translate their game to the NHL. Not to mention his value has shot up, Worth more than his draft position now. Not sure if the same can be said about klim however.

I think we need to do a better job at taking the BPA from a value perspective. Skilled C and D are always wanted by everyone. Wingers are always undervalued because everyone can be one. We are always taking wingers though... 

I want the player that makes the NHL not the one that has a better trade value though.

Klim had the tools we need. We don’t need any small wingers (which is what he projects to be).

Just now, Alflives said:

Take out Lysol and put in a guy who can play without the puck (Lekkerimaki) and it’s much improved.  

Ya I’m definitely sticking with Lysell lol. Would’ve been Guenther if only…

No offence to Lekky.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

I want the player that makes the NHL not the one that has a better trade value though.

Klim had the tools we need. We don’t need any small wingers (which is what he projects to be).

I think Klim is looking like a pretty solid pick and is learning how to be a 200ft player.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We all hope for Klim to blossom into an NHLer.  But this is Benning being the arrogant scout who thinks he knows more than everyone else.  He watched OJ for one tournament and overruled the years put in by the scouting staff.  Tried it with Glass, but fortunately Trevor stepped in a stopped that.  Then with no one to stop him he saw Klim for one week at a tournament and that was his guy.  Benning seemed like a genuinely nice person, but he did have an arrogant streak about his scouting eye.  Klim is a big boy, and has loads of skill, so he could turn into a player.  

Imagine glass over EP. Holy we would be worse than peak willy D teams...

• There it is 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

where we drafted OJ he was suppose to be the number one D in that draft, injurys really killed his career, hindsight with serg and pretty sure it was euro scouts who told benning if im remembering right who were saying petey, did linden even have any saying in scouting?