The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Slovakia vs. Canada | Quarterfinal | Jan. 02, 2023 | 3:30 pm PT

Rate this topic

Just now, TNucks1 said:

hmm dont remember toews getting in any legal trouble and know one outside of that room knows who did and didnt, so im not gunna speculate over a player like alot did with virtatnens case where he was found not guilty.

There's reports that the leadership of the team knew, but that's a whole other topic altogether 

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I could never stand Toews, or Kane or Keith for that matter

Leadership group that turned a blind eye to sexual abuse, and they'll get rewarded with a lottery win

Disgusting

Anyone but Chicago or Arizona imo

Columbus would be chill, Montreal would be absurd but it'd be fun to watch

I'd honestly be fine with him in Anaheim too, we've already got McDavid in the division what's a Bedard, he'd be fun to watch with all the youth they'll have coming up 

San Jose wouldn't shock me, he'd kickstart their turnaround 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

There's reports that the leadership of the team knew, but that's a whole other topic altogether 

yeah just like there was rumours on virtanens case, where his verdict was non-guilty. still dont like* virtanen regardless.

Edited by TNucks1

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Anyone but Chicago or Arizona imo

Columbus would be chill, Montreal would be absurd but it'd be fun to watch

I'd honestly be fine with him in Anaheim too, we've already got McDavid in the division what's a Bedard, he'd be fun to watch with all the youth they'll have coming up 

San Jose wouldn't shock me, he'd kickstart their turnaround 

Chicago would be the worst by far. I'd be ok with Arizona just so they can finally build a fanbase

Ideally he'd go out east though. Columbus would be a good spot

Just now, Master Mind said:

Chicago would be the worst by far. I'd be ok with Arizona just so they can finally build a fanbase

If Arizona drafts Bedard, and then they sign Matthews as a UFA they will have one heck of a team just in time to move into their new rink.  Is Betman thinking like this too?  

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If Arizona drafts Bedard, and then they sign Matthews as a UFA they will have one heck of a team just in time to move into their new rink.  Is Betman thinking like this too?  

If Gary's serious about keeping the team there that'd be a good way to start

• There it is 1

Yeah it's perfectly fine to not like him, especially for his play as a Canuck

thats not what i was getting at but all good. anyways good game and pretty intense at times, onto the semis baby.

Bender Smoking A Cigar - Futurama GIF - Cigar Smoking Robot ...

• Cheers 1

If Gary's serious about keeping the team there that'd be a good way to start

Knowing him he would make Arizona win the Bedard lottery and then immediately move the team to Houston. 

All about pumping up the value before relocating.

• There it is 2

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Knowing him he would make Arizona win the Bedard lottery and then immediately move the team to Houston. 

All about pumping up the value before relocating.

I see more Bedard and Matthews in Arizona to save hockey there and fill the new rink.  

Just now, Alflives said:

I see more Bedard and Matthews in Arizona to save hockey there and fill the new rink.  

Matthews ain’t leaving for Arizona and hockey will never work there no matter how many superstars you add.

Hockey ranks behind college football, basketball and NASCAR in that state and always will.

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Matthews ain’t leaving for Arizona and hockey will never work there no matter how many superstars you add.

Hockey ranks behind college football, basketball and NASCAR in that state and always will.

And likely behind the Home Shopping channel.  But Matthews is a guy who will see himself as the saviour of hockey in his state.  Bedard and Matthews will both be Coyotes 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

And likely behind the Home Shopping channel.  But Matthews is a guy who will see himself as the saviour of hockey in his state.  Bedard and Matthews will both be Coyotes 

Coyotes will be moved to Toronto so they finally get an NHL team.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Master Mind said:

I feel like he'd be wasted in Arizona tbh, I don't think even he could save that sad excuse of a franchise 

Chicago is worst case scenario, let them suffer 

• Cheers 1