The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs. New York Islanders | Jan. 3rd, 2023 | SNP, 7:00PM PT | New Years Edition

Rate this topic

Roberts

1 hour ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What is the bigger risk? Losing and having a slight chance at Bedard or winning and trading for players now to make the playoffs? I just feel like if you're going to risk anything you risk and try to get one of the best players available of the losses continue to pile up. Trade for prospects and picks. At least a chance at Bedard. I guess we will see what happens after all these games against these good teams. I think I will be more angry if we continue to hover around .500. It really gets us nowhere.

Haha team tank all day. I don't think we are stupid enough to add for a playoff push. The worst we would do is hold onto everyone for a playoff push and let them walk to UFA / overpay horvat.

Agree I HATE .500 play

6 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Can we just start losing some games please , not seeing much of a reason to remain “competitive” even if it’s to preserve the trade value of some players.. who cares we’ve effed it up 

That's basically the only positive that could come out of this year. Get rid of some fluff as well. The rest is window dressing bs that's getting shoved down our throat by this management team. Man that Allvin is a real slime ball in my books. Reminds me of Trump or something trying to sell the fans on lies and seems not to have a care in the world about the fans at all. Not even to be truthful.

Edited by Gawdzukes

39 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

It's not a major stat but tonight is #1 in d-man scoring (NYIsles with 25) vs number 32 (Canucks with 8).

NYI    25
ARI    23
WSH    23
FLA    21
SEA    20
CGY    19
STL    19
COL    18
DAL    18
DET    18
NJD    18
SJS    18
WPG    18
EDM    17
NSH    17
NYR    17
CAR    16
PHI    16
TBL    16
CBJ    15
LAK    15
MIN    15
OTT    15
VGK    15
BOS    14
BUF    14
MTL    12
ANA    10
PIT    10
TOR    10
CHI    9
VAN    8

This stat would be different if we had a defender who could actually shoot the puck from the point. 

43 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Bruh I don't even care anymore.

I paid for gas, hotel, tickets, food, etc. to attend the game on the 31st.

All I got was 2 periods of sloppy play, poor passes, and uninspiring efforts.. followed by a 3rd period where we choose to show up.

I don't get this team. They can choose to start playing well almost seemingly at will once we're down on the scoreboard. It's an effort thing. 

I had a great vacation but the reality of me spending $300+ to take my dad to watch this sh*tty team stinks.

Officially joining team tank. What's the point of cheering for a bunch of slugs who don't even try half the time.

Trade who we all know should be traded.. and sink for our saviour.

Star Wars GIF

43 minutes ago, Maginator said:

All I got was 2 periods of sloppy play, poor passes, and uninspiring efforts.. followed by a 3rd period where we choose to show up.

I don't get this team. They can choose to start playing well almost seemingly at will once we're down on the scoreboard. It's an effort thing. 

I had a great vacation but the reality of me spending $300+ to take my dad to watch this sh*tty team stinks.

Officially joining team tank. What's the point of cheering for a bunch of slugs who don't even try half the time.

I feel ya bro. My dad is a life long fan. 84. And it's getting hard for him to travel. I'd love to take him to a game. But not too sure with our home record being so subpar. We'll see. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

10 minutes ago, John.Tallhouse said:

Can we just start losing some games please , not seeing much of a reason to remain “competitive” even if it’s to preserve the trade value of some players.. who cares we’ve effed it up 

We've wasted draft picks to TRY and make the playoffs before. Let's not make that mistake again. If our team has run out of gas then so be it. We have to many missing parts right now. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

58 minutes ago, Maginator said:

Yup. I stopped going to games when they hired Willy D. 

Just think, you're not the only person that spends money to take a family member of friend to a game. It happens every game all season long.

This has been a cycle since the genesis of this team. The present ownership group has really slipped from it's early days of buying the franchise. 

They seemed to do far better when they didn't know in the early days. Now there's always rumors ownership meddling.

The bottom line is the product being put on the ice every game is far below value, even TV viewing value. 

There seems to be [problems every where from top to bottom. 

Don't waste your time or money on this joke. 

• RoughGame 1

at the draft we offer:

JT, Boeser, either OeL or Meyers, Rathbone + next years 1st for whomever gets the 1st this year.

That seems fair to me. + maybe we'll throw in a 3rd too or Pearson/Garland and maybe Delia so they get a decent goalie too. 

That's a good amount to rebuild your team with aka like they got for Lindros. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Maginator said:

I feel for you man. I was a season ticket holder last season, went to almost all of the games. The first 20 games of last season made me feeling exactly as you felt. But then, Green was fired and although we missed the playoffs last season, the playoff chase was exciting and the games were fun to watch. The Bruce there it is chant was fun to be a part of as well.

Last season, the team defence wasn't terrible, although the PK was bad to start the season but it started to improve once Green and Baumer were fired. Overall, the team put in consistent effort on the ice. This season, somehow it's been garbage. Part of it might be the players having to re-adjust to the new system.

I think this team needs a couple more high draft picks. I will celebrate the wins but won't be disappointed if they lose.

• Cheers 1

Brautiful GDT @Roberts....

Think we'll win this one with you making the GDT... as far as I remember, you had lots of success last year?

Other than that, I'll always cheer on Canucks, but really wanna see us get a low pick this year...

We will not be getting Bedard. It has Ducks or Blackhawks written all over it....

As 'honest' as the draft is, no way are Canucks going to win it... #rigged... 

So I kind of just want to see some Canucks hockey. Would love one of the other top targets though. 
imagine getting Carlsson to replace Horvat...

i could live with that thought. 

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 3