The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Colorado Avalanche at Vancouver Canucks | Jan. 05, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I find it interesting how bad Makar looked. Nothing to take away from the Canucks but the Avs have lost 5 straight. They are banged up and when healthy just aren’t as good as last years teams.

It’s just interesting that even the best of the best rely on other good players to support them. 

Makes a case for the Canucks that we have good players but not enough supporting players especially on the back end 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

Whether or not the sign was true :P Kuzmenko is a guy you just can't hate, even if we ended up not keeping him.

Kuz is a sweet guy. Love his smiles and happiness, it’s infectious. He seems very joyous. Glad he is playing on the same line as Miller now. I love Miller and he’s my fav but he has been a bit of a Mr grumpy pants. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Kuz is a sweet guy. Love his smiles and happiness, it’s infectious. He seems very joyous. Glad he is playing on the same line as Miller now. I love Miller and he’s my fav but he has been a bit of a Mr grumpy pants. 

I love that you stuck by him man. That’s fandom and I applaud you! 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Anyways this game didn’t impact the tank too bad, we remain 25th.

Good

Hopefully they sell soon

But yeah, sometimes we're gonna win games we deserve to, we were never gonna lose em all

Hopefully we lose next game 

45 minutes ago, OldFaithfulCap said:

i'm tired of false hope. They get a clap for the win. They need to win about 4 in a row before they are anything more than a team that can't sustain anything.

By now we know all too well what this team is. They will lose a few then win a couple, then lose a couple... rinse and repeat. They are just not constructed to do either consistently. When the season ends we'll be back in that familiar 20-25th team range again, picking in the 8-12 range in the draft again.

I kinda settled with having the mindset that when they lose, I will try to forget as quickly as I can and move on. If they win, I'll just enjoy as long as I can until the inevitable next loss.

I won't think about playoffs anymore either. For me watching the Canucks game is getting my fix during winter, so I'll just leave it at that.

Edited by 1-d
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1