The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Rumour) 4 teams interested in J.T. Miller

combover

3 hours ago, grandmaster said:

My cousins friend’s uncle’s friend said Canucks trading Petey and Hughes for a second and a prospect.

This source is as valid as Freedman “wondering” and “thinking” and mentioning how other GM’s are “wondering” and “thinking”.

I don’t get why so many folks are getting sucked into this click bait nonsense. 

How much clearer can this team be? They extended him and said countless times how they highly value him and want him to stay. Does anyone here think we can get an offer the Canucks can’t refuse like what Bo got plus MORE? That’s what it would take. 

JT Miller is NOT being traded!

This thread is the hope thread.  It gives some people hope that a Miller trade could happen.  Don't crush their hope.  It's all they got.  Friedman keeps fueling that hope for them as well with his "thoughts".  They have another 4 months of hope before their dream comes crashing down...

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

What is it about discussion that upsets you so much?  

I’m not upset about the discussion. This “rumour” is just so off base from the truth or reality. The decision makers have valued and chose JT as a core piece for the next 7 years. Sports “media” and some fans can speculate and discuss all they want. The hard truth of the matter is that he is staying.

Miller, his agent, our management, nor any other GM has said we are shopping or testing waters. This has all been a made up story about other “thinking” and “wondering”.

This topic is better served under proposals.

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

This thread is the hope thread.  It gives some people hope that a Miller trade could happen.  Don't crush their hope.  It's all they got.  Friedman keeps fueling that hope for them as well with his "thoughts".  They have another 4 months of hope before their dream comes crashing down...

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I do t watch any hockey media. My talk around milker is 100% what I think the best move for the team is and the window for that to happen is almost closed. Of course I'm going to discuss it until that window is closed

It seems to.me, the only ones coming concerned with media is the people wringing their hands over people discussing a miller trade

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

I’m not upset about the discussion. This “rumour” is just so off base from the truth or reality. The decision makers have valued and chose JT as a core piece for the next 7 years. Sports “media” and some fans can speculate and discuss all they want. The hard truth of the matter is that he is staying.

Miller, his agent, our management, nor any other GM has said we are shopping or testing waters. This has all been a made up story about other “thinking” and “wondering”.

It's better served if you cease posting your endless whining about what other people are discussing.

Maybe you should ask to talk to the manager of CDC?

1 minute ago, stawns said:

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but I do t watch any hockey media. My talk around milker is 100% what I think the best move for the team is and the window for that to happen is almost closed. Of course I'm going to discuss it until that window is closed

It seems to.me, the only ones coming concerned with media is the people wringing their hands over people discussing a miller trade

Discussing wanting to move Miller for whatever reason is the reason we are on these boards.  To create discussion.  That part is totally fine and you can do that until the moon stops shining.  When I say this thread is all about hope, it is because any potential Miller trade that is being discussed is being fueled by the parasitic media that have zero sources and zero actual news but keep feeding us with "thoughts" that are nothing more than propaganda and fake news.

If these media people actually had some concrete sources and evidence that a Miller trade may be in the works, then this discussion may become more palatable for most people.  At this point we are not even in the rumour stage of a Miller trade, we are only in the "thought" stage.  Like I said, you can hang on to your hope, because that is all you got at this point...

9 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

I agree 100%.  This thread should be moved to the proposals thread, where posters can make trade proposals, which is basically what this thread is all about at this point.  This is not a rumour thread, the rumours are all "thoughts" only and fake news at this point...

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

I agree 100%.  This thread should be moved to the proposals thread, where posters can make trade proposals, which is basically what this thread is all about at this point.  This is not a rumour thread, the rumours are all "thoughts" only and fake news at this point...

I’d say more speculation than anything… which is often seen in the rumours neighborhood :o

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, J-Dizzle said:

I’d say more speculation than anything… which is often seen in the rumours neighborhood :o

Rumours are based on some evidence, somebody talked to somebody else.  A GM was quoted as saying, etc.  This thread doesn't have any of that.  All it has is some media guy's "thoughts".  That's not a rumour.  

42 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Yeah that’s because folks with NTC never get traded right? It also makes sense that a highly favoured player that has been declared as such time after time by management is somehow rumoured to be on the move…sure. 

Marvels Agents Of Shield No GIF by ABC Network

This has nothing to do with “whining”. It’s got everything to do with logic of what is real versus fantasy.

How is it unrealistic for people to speculate it’s possible for Miller to be moved? While it may not be the most likely scenario, you can surely see how people would look at a basement tram with a prime aged point per game player and speculate they may consider moving him before his ntc kicks in?

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Fake news by whose standards, yours?  What are your standards for credible sources?  

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's better served if you cease posting your endless whining about what other people are discussing.

Maybe you should ask to talk to the manager of CDC?

Although TMZ has more credibility than this thread, it still amuses me that you can keep deflecting logic and reality. Keep up the good work

Edited by grandmaster

5 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Rumours are based on some evidence, somebody talked to somebody else.  A GM was quoted as saying, etc.  This thread doesn't have any of that.  All it has is some media guy's "thoughts".  That's not a rumour.  

… 

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Although TMZ has more credibility than this thread, it still amuses me that you can keep deflecting logic and reality. Keep up the good work and don’t tell me what to do. 

Elliotte Friedman has less credibility than TMZ?  Seems like a stretch.  He's pretty well respected around the league.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Baratheon said:

Elliotte Friedman has less credibility than TMZ?  Seems like a stretch.  He's pretty well respected around the league.

He said other GM’s are thinking and wondering what it would take to get him. How is that a rumour based on anything? Seriously 

• Upvote 1