The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Saturday January 14 2022 - Vancouver Canucks @ Florida Panthers - 4pm PT/7pm ET - FLA Live Arena

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

Just now, Hairy Kneel said:

We'll it would be easier to trade him next year to a team trying to reach the cap floor. For 1M price tag. He's still a serviceable dman. And cranks it up in the post season. 

True, he did take a lot more penalties in the off-season. 
‘I don’t buy that he really has value after his bonus is paid. Cap space is a bigger commodity than money in current NHL. Arizona has no issue making the floor and there really aren’t any other cap floor teams after this many years of flat cap. 

• There it is 1

Just now, DrJockitch said:

True, he did take a lot more penalties in the off-season. 
‘I don’t buy that he really has value after his bonus is paid. Cap space is a bigger commodity than money in current NHL. Arizona has no issue making the floor and there really aren’t any other cap floor teams after this many years of flat cap. 

Yup.  Myers will have value (with 50% retention) at the 2024 TDL. 

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

My prediction is they jump out to an early 2 goal lead, the Panthers wake up and take it 6-3.

Crazy prediction I know.

If we go up 2 goals, I'm getting on that betting service and placing a large bet on Florida! Just seems like the sensible thing to do right now ;)

• Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Muttley said:

I thought he looked out of shape right from training camp also. Noticed it right away. Here's the thing. A player doesn't just morph into a whole different talent or 

compete level in one summerIf there was an underlying reason such as an injury or a problem, maybe a flu of some kind, would he simply announce it for all to hear?

I wouldn't He's been in this league long enough to know not to become a player poorly conditioned by camp particularly after being one shy of 100 points the previous

campaign. Think I've noticed an up swing of late. We'll see.

Player Name says hi. Yes he got injured but that was in March 2017.

2015-16 Boston Bruins NHL 82 30 33 63 12 13 -- -- -- -- --
2016-17 Vancouver Canucks NHL 65 11 13 24 8 -9 -- -- -- -- --

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup.  Myers will have value (with 50% retention) at the 2024 TDL. 

Every GM I have ever heard when they get a veteran D man at the deadline say the same thing. He is a stabilizing force back there and will give us more depth. 
‘I don’t think they will want high event hockey and crazy penalties at both ends when trying to find a late add for cup run. 

• Cheers 1

18 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Don’t they have like 3 or 4 career fights with each other :lol: 

Has to be something personal between the two from ages ago lmao