The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Bo Horvat to Islanders for Anthony Beauvillier, Aatu Raty, 2023 1st-round draft pick

51 minutes ago, Darius said:

Didn’t he finish tied for fourth in the league for goal scoring  in the 2020 playoffs? And he played fewer series/games  than those ahead of him.   I guess that’s not stepping up? He should have finished first?

Bo Horvat had many flaws in his game, he was not worth 8.5 million - this contract is the product of him having all the leverage on Lou, and he wasn’t the best captain in team history.. but the bitterness here is jaded girlfriend that just got dumped caliber. I wish the guy all the best, I’m more worried about our team. 

Not hurt at all. I never liked him. Whenever I fired up a GM Mode on NHL EA he was the first player I’d trade for a RHD before naming EP40 captain 

• Cheers 2

19 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Hmm, I think JB locked in and traded for some more locked in contracts, so yes, epic fail by JB to trade away so many picks, deplete our prospect pool and get us aging slow players in return. Current management has their hands tied but I do have some faith in them.

He didn't deplete our pool btw so epic fail on you this time! Lmao!  Pool? What f'n pool did we have when he took over? 

We didn't have any because as usual lots of completely stupid fans demanding a one and done and sell the farm to get it.. you want to point a finger, fine, point it all where it needs to be. From the owner, on down there's enough to go around but for once in this teams entire history we might have a chance to actually build a farm that produces so we can keep our picks and keep going with it long term because where the F has it gotten us so far? 

Nowhere except a small amount of success but no cup.. it's not working! 

People wanting a one and done will just keep us getting the same ole because their the majority, sadly... 

I'd rather us be in the running every year as an elite team instead of a great season, and bounced out first round or not make the post at all because of lack of depth. 

2 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

commenting on how he leads or doesn’t there is futile and pointless.

It’s not pointless, but you certainly don’t need to join in.

Whatever Bo was doing early this season wasn’t helping the team from blowing a record number of multi-goal leads. 

As observed by the coach, the team was ‘mentally weak.’ That’s where a great captain could potentially make a difference. 

The updated leadership group all seem to have each others back on the ice.  They also recognize each other’s leadership to the media (eg JTM comments on QH, and QH comments on Demmer). 

Not trying to slag Bo, but there have been several positive developments with the leadership group since he left. 

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 3

13 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Tongue in cheek, hence the dancing parrot. For the record I am/was a big Bo fan. Have his captain jersey, but my admiration/respect for him really waned over the last 2 seasons. Seemed like he lost his passion and seeing him skate by teammates getting dummied without batting an eye really bothered me. Useful player, not a great captain. As others have eloquently put it, I think he was a useful soldier in his time here, probably had the captaincy thrust on him too early, but…I’m happy with the return we got and honestly won’t miss him. Don’t think the team will either. Schenn on the other hand, I do hope he circles back here to add some more snarl in the 3rd pairing.

Michelle Obama GIF by Election 2016

• Cheers 3
  • RoughGame 1

13 minutes ago, Sativika said:

I know this is moot and doesn't amount to anything regarding us anymore, but.............So now that the Isles are in the playoffs, how does that affect the 1st rounder we gave up to Detroit?

It is now around the 16th or 17th pick now and could go up higher depending on if the Islanders go on a run to the Finals. 

Pick was only top 12 protected so it is now Detroits pick. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Martin and his .8xx save percentage, and a coach without a defensive system had  less to do with blowing leads. It was Bo and his overwhelming negative influence on the other leaders that was one of the root causes of the horrible start. The other great leaders were suppressed and only realized their potential now that Demko is back and Tocchet is imposing some defensive strategy. 

lol. Darius…so frothy. 

It’s not personal, these are observations and comments on a hockey player on a hockey message board. 

Bo cheated on defence to put up career numbers while playing a matchup role, so….he was a large part of the problem.

He also cut his physical play in half, and watched teammates take cheap shots.

Why would anyone listen to him in the room?

• Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

It’s hard to compete with your Scotty Bowman level of hockey genius Kennard.  Martin and his .8xx save percentage, and a coach without a defensive system had  less to do with blowing leads. It was Bo and his overwhelming negative influence on the other leaders that was one of the root causes of the horrible start. The other great leaders were suppressed and only realized their potential now that Demko is back and Tocchet is imposing some defensive strategy. 

you need to develop a thicker skin btw. A couple of paper bags and you start foaming at the mouth , stalking profiles to brown bag old posts, and you try to create an us vs them climate in the thread. Are you in high school by any chance? Lol 

We needed to move on from BooHoo. I am still in shock (in a good way) how much we got for Bo. We pretty much dodged the bullet of keeping him while getting three pieces where each piece is better than him. Seriously, we dumperood Bo and got New Beau, Hronek, and Raty. That’s got to be one of the most lopsided trades in NHL history! Huge win for us. 

Edited by Alflives
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Kenny Powers said:

lol. Darius…so frothy. 

It’s not personal, these are observations and comments on a hockey player on a hockey message board. 

Bo cheated on defence to put up career numbers while playing a matchup role, so….he was a large part of the problem.

He also cut his physical play in half, and watched teammates take cheap shots.

Why would anyone listen to him in the room?

sure, keep pretending you don’t take it personally. Your actions in this thread are here for everyone to see.  You are awfully sensitive when you get brown bagged. How many times have you mentioned me when I’ve never replied to you directly. You can’t take it when someone exercises their vote option and it doesn’t go your way. 

A large part of the problem was one of the worst goaltending duo’s in the league and a coach that is known to lack defensive structure. Even Rutherford pointed this out.  If Bo was still here do you really think their record would be much different than it has been  with demko in net  and tocchet as a coach? 

i have said this a number of times, Bo was not perfect, he has weaknesses- he is not a 50 goal scorer, he’s not an 8.5 million dollar player.. but I’m not going to sit here and agree that he was a big part of why this team has been bottom of the barrel for a long time.

It’s unfortunate you can’t accept differing views and agree to disagree , instead you post stupid memes, you keep mentioning posters, label people that don’t agree with you as fan boys  and have a hissy fit.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1

1 hour ago, Darius said:

It’s unfortunate you can’t accept differing views and agree to disagree 

lol. Darius. 

Scared Dog GIF by MOODMAN

I‘ve invited you to share your differing views twice now (yes, directly, instead of hiding in the shadows).

Both times you’ve devolved to personal attacks when you can’t defend Bo anymore.

Thats why you come off as a fanboy. 

Edited by Kenny Powers
  • Haha 1
  • RoughGame 2

4 hours ago, iceman64 said:

He didn't deplete our pool btw so epic fail on you this time! Lmao!  Pool? What f'n pool did we have when he took over? 

We didn't have any because as usual lots of completely stupid fans demanding a one and done and sell the farm to get it.. you want to point a finger, fine, point it all where it needs to be. From the owner, on down there's enough to go around but for once in this teams entire history we might have a chance to actually build a farm that produces so we can keep our picks and keep going with it long term because where the F has it gotten us so far? 

Nowhere except a small amount of success but no cup.. it's not working! 

People wanting a one and done will just keep us getting the same ole because their the majority, sadly... 

I'd rather us be in the running every year as an elite team instead of a great season, and bounced out first round or not make the post at all because of lack of depth. 

I don’t disagree with the approach you state and feel it flows from the top seeking playoff revenue and the ‘get in the playoffs and anything can happen approach’. But JB traded picks like skittles and didn’t build up our prospect pool. Too may firsts and seconds traded. I want a consistently competitive team more than the playoffs; short term gain is a losing strategy. 

16 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

I don’t disagree with the approach you state and feel it flows from the top seeking playoff revenue and the ‘get in the playoffs and anything can happen approach’. But JB traded picks like skittles and didn’t build up our prospect pool. Too may firsts and seconds traded. I want a consistently competitive team more than the playoffs; short term gain is a losing strategy. 

Yeah but if you were in his shoes and trying to do two things at the same time especially after being given a long list of NTC's that were basically done and broken, so your tasked with keeping people in the seats and re-tool building, whatever you want to call it but to try and move forward until we finally got a clean slate, every move he tried, had of worked out for us we'd be in the playoffs this year or a lot closer towards what will put us strong in the post but trying to juggle both and guys just not working out as expected, we can name a few but yeah occasionally given a chance to further the process by trading away a draft pick is what a lot of GM's do, a calculated risk and that's the best you can do. 

Anyway, sure JB made some mistakes as a rookie GM and could have done better if he simply a successful assistant GM who spent a lot more time "looking forward" so GM has a lot easier of a time making important decisions to mentor him in negotiations or do it for him. That was his biggest Achilles heel until he got better at it but it cost him his job in the end, whatever... He did a lot of good things too and like when he moved us forward to where we needed a better supporting cast to stand up to the Elites and now we're there but have depth to trade as in Boeser/Garland especially now it's not scoring we need, this time it's D, can JR pull something off? Idk but if we get said tweaks we all know we need , we might have a good roster and some depth for a change, but at least JB supplied a pretty good product to build on.. 

Petey.. Demmer.. JT.. Huggy.. Podz.. Klim.. etc etc.. 

Quietly optimistic about next year but it certainly depends on what management does 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Darius said:

It’s hard to compete with your Scotty Bowman level of hockey genius Kennard.  Martin and his .8xx save percentage, and a coach without a defensive system had  less to do with blowing leads. It was Bo and his overwhelming negative influence on the other leaders that was one of the root causes of the horrible start. The other great leaders were suppressed and only realized their potential now that Demko is back and Tocchet is imposing some defensive strategy. 

you need to develop a thicker skin btw. A couple of paper bags and you start foaming at the mouth , stalking profiles to brown bag old posts, and you try to create an us vs them climate in the thread. Are you in high school by any chance? Lol 

This is good for YOUR thicker skin..

6157816E-B609-46E7-8D6A-0BBD8BCC1CC0.webp.9bedc3244ca1ac329b215e73fc627e19.webp

Maybe share some with Playoff Bo after the Hurricanes series.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

This is good for YOUR thicker skin..

6157816E-B609-46E7-8D6A-0BBD8BCC1CC0.webp.9bedc3244ca1ac329b215e73fc627e19.webp

Maybe share some with Playoff Bo after the Hurricanes series.

Lol sorry Sammy boy  I stopped taking your ramblings seriously after you told us lammikko was an excellent player and a potential  Center replacement  for Bo.  Where is he now? Milking your goat? 

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1