The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Feb.11 @ 9am

Rate this topic

Ted Lasso

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We can't lose:

Trade him, our defence gets worse, and we get a pick

Sign him, we get a low maintenance defender who can actually defend, and be a physical and good role model to the younger players.

The team wins either way.

Yeah, Luke Schenn is the one that I'm not worried about either way.  

We need a mentor and someone to protect the young guys.  Unless Alex Kanok-Leipert or Vinny Arsenault get called up :) 

5 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes and they are talking about resigning Schenn. Makes no sense at this stage especially if they get offered a second round pick. Asset management. Someone one day will get it right.

You can't have all young players... vets are important too. Schenn won't get you much anyway.

To change the culture you need to get rid of passive players. First Bo, keep Schenn, make Miller the captain. Petey doesn't need the extra pressure, Pavel Bure and Alex Mogilny were never captains and they are arguably the 2 most electrifying and talented players to ever play for us.

• Vintage 1

6 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

I've accepted the inevitable.

I still hope for wins (because Petey deserves them). But there is a silver lining if we don't do our usual claw back into a spot that's just out of playoff reach.

Yesssss. We needed you on our side. 

it’s just about perspective and how to channel what we want for this club through a different direction. This club has been losing in many different ways. About time we made lemonade out of those lemons 

4 minutes ago, JoshuaGuy said:

De Giuseppe has been very good since his call up.

Yeah he's been flying out there and winning lots of puck battles.  

Another player that's caught my eye has been Nils Aman.  At the very worst he's our 4th line center of the future, but could see him as a 3C as well. 

8 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes and they are talking about resigning Schenn. Makes no sense at this stage especially if they get offered a second round pick. Asset management. Someone one day will get it right.

Sometimes you need leaders to carry you through and to help build the identity that you as a player already represent. There may be as much value in keeping Schenn. Just want him in this jersey, even if it means pure rental trade and re-sign 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, GB5 said:

I have no problem with JT taking frustrations out on the opposition.

Call it a bad penalty all you want but to me it is a worthy outlet of Millers emotions.

Emotions need to be controlled but he does play with intensity...... all I was responding to was the idea that it was a bad call by the ref which I don't think it was say it was

• Cheers 1

I hate to say it, but I am starting to think Miller should be our captain. He seems to care more then anyone else, and he is a damn good hockey player.

Edited by Xur
  • Like 1