The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Time's up! Finish your last sentence...

AngryElf

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Can they have all three players in the new thread title and we take all their picks and prospects?

Miller, Boeser, Garland to Pens for:

McGinn
Petterson
Zucker
Pickering
Smith
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick

Man we'd be screwed at C, but I'd do that trade in a heartbeat!

6 minutes ago, Provost said:

Can they have all three players in the new thread title and we take all their picks and prospects?

Miller, Boeser, Garland to Pens for:

McGinn
Petterson
Zucker
Pickering
Smith
2023 1st round pick
2024 1st round pick

Think we could squeeze a second ?

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Eddie said:

After the things that just happened am I the only one that kinda wants them to now stop doing things for a while  :bigblush:

Naaah

OEL to Ducks for their 1st 

Myers to Blue Jackets for their 1st

Reason: This gives us around a 50% of getting the 1st overall, and according to my math, this is good.

Reason for Ducks/Blue Jackets: See above.

Edited by EB43

1 hour ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

If we can somehow swing Boeser (1m retained) for Pettersson, suddenly we have a decent top 4 defence.

Hughes - Hronek

Pettersson - Bear

OEL - Myers

Yikes that bottom pair is expensive

IF you were able to get Petterson from Pens, I'd consider a hefty 2-3m retention on Myers to TO just to re-set the whole D one year sooner. Resign Schenn, and go with OEL/Petterson with Schenn on the 3rd for 23/24. 

Just now, Mando27 said:

If the Canucks somehow (doubtful) can recoup a first and second for Miller and Boeser all will be forgiven. Common Penguins you know you wanna have one more run.

The idea of getting a 1st back for Boeser is a pipe dream; we'll get nothing for him without massive retention or another multi year cap dump.

I like JT, but the 7for8 contract will preclude a pay day. The time to get the 1st + a prospect was last year (like we did Horvat this year). JT offers little value with his new contract's term...unless we retain, which would be asinine at any amount.

11 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Miller

for 

Pickering + 1st top 10 protected.

Makes so much sense for both sides

I want this trade to happen too, but Pitts would need to move cap this year to fit in Miller. 

Zucker could be a piece coming back since he is expiring. Maybe we toss in a 4th. 

• AngryElf changed the title to [Rumour] We Did a Thing! Pittsburgh did Things! Are we Thinging Together?
14 minutes ago, BC_Hawk said:

The idea of getting a 1st back for Boeser is a pipe dream; we'll get nothing for him without massive retention or another multi year cap dump.

I like JT, but the 7for8 contract will preclude a pay day. The time to get the 1st + a prospect was last year (like we did Horvat this year). JT offers little value with his new contract's term...unless we retain, which would be asinine at any amount.

For Boeser yea, Miller is easily worth a 1st.