The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Luke Schenn to Maple Leafs for 2023 3rd-round pick

2 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Also, we're supposed to be tanking right now. So no need for a D-man right now. 

Exactly. It's hard for some people to understand the get worse before you get better route. Not every hole needs to be plugged immediately.

Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Canucks really lack leadership now with Horvat and Schenn gone.

Who do they got? Miller and Myers?  Not good at all. Thinking they will address this in the off season by adding 2-3 quality UFAs..  

If Miller does get traded, then I would think Pettersson and Hughes would take the reigns moving forward.  Wasn't that management's plan?

5 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

This trade took forever and we only got 3rd round pick back. I was hoping for at least a 2nd round pick. Otherwise, I would just rather keep him here. 

Unless, this is only a rental then 3rd rounder is decent!!! Let's hope he resigns with us next season!!

I'm kind of shocked no team stepped up with a second. Schenn is a beast on a cheap contract.

2 minutes ago, BenDrinkin said:

How many 3rd round picks become anything?

If he doesn't sign here again, this 3rd round pick cost us him, and potential future players who don't sign here because of how we treat players/coaches etc.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Angry Superman GIF

This is how I think people imagine Schenn

"The third round pick costs us him".....HUH?

Edited by Harold Drunken
  • Upvote 1

Just now, BenDrinkin said:

If he doesn't sign here again, this 3rd round pick cost us him, and potential future players who don't sign here because of how we treat players/coaches etc.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

seriously?

is schenn the "be all end all" of defencemen for us? 

you're treating it as if we just traded scott niedermayer or bobby freaking orr. 

relax.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

I hope it's a move he wanted to make, rather than just the team selling him off. 3rd is kind of a meh return for a character guy in a position the team really needs at the moment. Obviously a 1st was out of the question, he is no top4 guy

So it's Hughes and a bunch of AHL'rs playing D for the rest of the season 

Just now, rekker said:

I'm kind of shocked no team stepped up with a second. Schenn is a beast on a cheap contract.

Exactly where can you get a D like Schenn for only a 3rd rounder. He can hit, he can score, he can put up some decent points for a D, and cost only $850K plus has big leadership in the dressing room. No 3rd rounder will even come close to those stats!!! 

1 minute ago, BenDrinkin said:

Hopefully I'm wrong.

What???

Nobody is going to bat an eyelid for this... its business... they all know how it works. If you don't have a NTC or NMC anything can happen at any time. 

Schenn has been around the block for s long time. He knows the score....

3 minutes ago, BenDrinkin said:

Hopefully I'm wrong.

I'm ok with acquiring as many picks as possible if it means we can attach it as sweeteners in trades to clear cap.

Picks dont always automatically mean draft.

2 minutes ago, beni said:

I hope it's a move he wanted to make, rather than just the team selling him off. 3rd is kind of a meh return for a character guy in a position the team really needs at the moment. Obviously a 1st was out of the question, he is no top4 guy

So it's Hughes and a bunch of AHL'rs playing D for the rest of the season 

Yes.

I thought this is what everyone wants? A horrible team down the stretch to improve our draft pick position?

It's damned if you do, damned if you don't apparently. Jeez guys...

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, RolexSub said:

Exactly where can you get a D like Schenn for only a 3rd rounder. He can hit, he can score, he can put up some decent points for a D, and cost only $850K plus has big leadership in the dressing room. No 3rd rounder will even come close to those stats!!! 

Remind me, what Canucks paid for him?

• Cheers 1
  • There it is 1