The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thur. Mar. 2/23 Minnesota Wild (34-21-6) @ Vancouver Canucks (24-31-5) 7:00pm Rogers Arena SNPTV SNPAM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

The Canuck way to make a move to improve themselves to lower themselves in the draft position. They don't get how close they are to having a better chance to draft Bedard or anyone in the top 5. It's stupid, stupid,stupid. How do they think they are that much better and these moves are going to keep Pettersson or Hughes or that next year they still won't be a bad? I hear so many saying well they needed a right handed d but at that cost? There farm stinks. They again have put themselves back. dumb move after dumb move. One thing is that ownership keeps bringing in new gms with the same idea: Retool. Its all ownership wants. Lazy lazy people who own this team. Book it we will be having this conversation AGAIN next year. By the way where the heck are management. They make these moves then hide. Everything about this organization is ugly to me right now. Wreaks of greed right now. They are lazy and impatient. Where is Stan Smyl?

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, singing chef said:

The way standings are right now and teams behind them having games in hand I could see NYI finishing with 12 o.a. pick.  If they don't move up in the draft lottery and elect to let Detroit pick then these boards will go nuts again over the Hronek trade.

I think pitts will overtake NYI and the pick slids to 18 or worse. With only 1 available dman at 18. Which Detroit can have. 

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

Who are the Dmen in this draft year you claim are generational? 

and for @ToTellTheTruth and yourself, here’s a list of potential UFA/RFA Dmen. Please rebuild our D from that. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/defenseman/

We could sign K'Andre Miller to spit on Marchand when he tries to lick one of our players. An eye for an eye, spit for spit.

• There it is 1

3 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

A Canucks JB Style - Aqua-Lini forced  "Re-Tool Trade", wouldn't be a "Canucks Trade" - giving away a 1st Round and a 2nd Round draft pick in a very deep trade year - without getting back a guy in a sling! <_<

[Competition Closed] MHM 79 Caption Competition | Military History Matters

Everyone keeps saying deep draft but after listening to Craig button outside of the top 4 its kind of a mushy middle.  Late first to third rounders

could all be equal.  So deep in the sense that you could get some late round steals...not deep enough that a late first rounder is a guaranteed

NHL starter. We have 3 third round picks...could be exciting.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Week to week my ass 

Can't trust the Canucks when it comes to anything injury related anymore

Yeah, my guess is he could use some rest, so they shut him down for a few days in hopes of extinguishing the Miller trade rumours. 

Unless, this little bit of news is basically saying to other GMs "he's fine if you want to make a trade"

9 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Yeah, my guess is he could use some rest, so they shut him down for a few days in hopes of extinguishing the Miller trade rumours. 

Unless, this little bit of news is basically saying to other GMs "he's fine if you want to make a trade"

I'm more inclined to believe he was banged up but they wanted to run with the week to week bit as it'd generate less of a firestorm 

I do think he was, and is, on the table if a team wanted to ante up, but that doesn't mean a Miller trade was ever likely 

I haven't trusted this group regarding injuries since Hughes mysteriously went from day to day to week to week back in like October, the Pearson gaffe only reinforces my skepticism 

32 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Week to week my ass 

Can't trust the Canucks when it comes to anything injury related anymore

Starting Demko back to back, rushing Miller back from injury. Like what are they trying to accomplish.

Dont tell me at the end of the season when they have the number 10 pick “well you can’t really tank with the lottery”. That’s BS tanking isn’t just about winning the lottery!