The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Thur. Mar. 2/23 Minnesota Wild (34-21-6) @ Vancouver Canucks (24-31-5) 7:00pm Rogers Arena SNPTV SNPAM650

Rate this topic

Goal:thecup

1 hour ago, Goal:thecup said:

Crappy Format from Morning Puck:

Line Combinations

Last Updated: March 1st 2023, 11:34 AM

Expected lines for March 2nd vs MIN

LW C RW
Kuzmenko96
Andrei Kuzmenko
Pettersson40
Elias Pettersson
Beauvillier72
Anthony Beauvillier
Joshua81
Dakota Joshua
Aman88
Nils Aman
Garland8
Conor Garland
Podkolzin92
Vasily Podkolzin
Studnicka18
Jack Studnicka
Boeser6
Brock Boeser
Kravtsov91
Vitali Kravtsov
Raty27
Aatu Raty
Lazar20
Curtis Lazar
Source

Defense

Hughes43
Quinn Hughes
Juulsen47
Noah Juulsen
Brisebois55
Guillaume Brisebois
Myers57
Tyler Myers
Wolanin86
Christian Wolanin
Burroughs44
Kyle Burroughs

Mmmmmm.... tankalicious.

• Tanks a lot 1

This GDT has taken a weird early turn!

I think we’re probably due for a loss. Our shiny new D-man won’t be playing for a bit it sounds like, and this roster is just not good enough at the moment to win many games. But then again, we have Petey, Hughes, and Kuzmenko so it seems we always have a chance.

2 hours ago, Goal:thecup said:

I don't think so; apparently an arm was in a sling...

A Canucks JB Style - Aqua-Lini forced  "Re-Tool Trade", wouldn't be a "Canucks Trade" - giving away a 1st Round and a 2nd Round draft pick in a very deep trade year - without getting back a guy in a sling! <_<

[Competition Closed] MHM 79 Caption Competition | Military History Matters

Edited by RU SERIOUS
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

A Canucks "Re-Tool" trade wouldn't be a "Canucks Trade" giving away a 1st Round and a 2nd Round draft pick in a very deep trade year - without getting back a guy in a sling! <_<

Not a deep draft year for Dmen, which is why the deal was made. Also that pick could slide in value soon.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Mustard Tiger said:

Oh we still are playing games..

How long is hronek out for 

Weeks was the last I heard. But arm in a sling is not good because it points to a shoulder issue and if memory is correct Virtanen had issues for 3 years or longer with his and Gudbranson had to change his game for years and still has issues passing and shooting. But he is big and can hit.

• Cheers 1

Should be interesting - wonder who sits tonight. Wonder what this team looks like by tomorrrow afternoon.

But for tonight I hope for a fast paced interesting game

Tank canucks tank

9 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

Weeks was the last I heard. But arm in a sling is not good because it points to a shoulder issue and if memory is correct Virtanen had issues for 3 years or longer with his and Gudbranson had to change his game for years and still has issues passing and shooting. But he is big and can hit.

.............sounds like a guy that a 74 y.o GM with little time left (god bless his soul) and an impatient owner, would throw away a FIRST RD. and a SECOND RD. pick for in a deep-generational draft year when 79.38% of their fans want a tank & rebuild!  (According to the Poll - here on CDC)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

.............sounds like a guy that a 74 y.o GM with little time left (god bless his soul) and an impatient owner, would throw away a FIRST RD. and a SECOND RD. pick for in a deep-generational draft year when 79.38% of their fans want a tank & rebuild!  (According to the Poll - here on CDC)

Who are the Dmen in this draft year you claim are generational? 

and for @ToTellTheTruth and yourself, here’s a list of potential UFA/RFA Dmen. Please rebuild our D from that. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nhl/free-agents/defenseman/

Edited by RWJC
  • Thanks 1
  • There it is 1

16 minutes ago, ToTellTheTruth said:

OMG!  Are you sure about that, last night (actually earlier this morning TBH) at "the bar", I heard that they were making funeral arrangements for him, so i think it might be worse than we think!!!!  

Funeral Meme GIF - Funeral Meme Dance GIFs

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Strawbone said:

This GDT has taken a weird early turn!

I think we’re probably due for a loss. Our shiny new D-man won’t be playing for a bit it sounds like, and this roster is just not good enough at the moment to win many games. But then again, we have Petey, Hughes, and Kuzmenko so it seems we always have a chance.

And Beau..

trading for an injured D in Hronek is mind boggling...hopefully it isn't serious or affect his shot going forward, but it would be so Canuck for it to go sideways. Here is hoping it doesn't cause we gave up a premium to acquire him.

Hey GM Alvin, why did you need to make this trade now...should have waited for the draft, seen where the NYI pick was and who was available with that selection if it ended up being a 2023 1st we get and go from their.

I know we need RHD, but giving up the 1st AND the Canucks early 2023 2nd round pick...that is what Benning does, is Alvin taking to Benning for help haha...

GO Canucks GO, good thing Hronek is out, so Reeves wont teach him another lesson for admiring a pass in the middle of the ice.

• Cheers 1