The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, rekker said:

I'm ready for the AM and his hobbled knee excuse for lack of production down the stretch. It will replace the low points for AM excuse this year because he's working on his defence.

AM will look great in an Arizona/Atlanta Jersey. ;)

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -DLC- said:

This was huge for me. All the naysayers who want Miller moved don't realize that Petey gets it. He knows who's helping him along on this team. This "they're not bff's" narrative is so dramatic and, to me, pathetic. They don't need to go to the mall together, they need to work well on the ice together. They do that.

Besides, you need a grumpy bear out there....notice who it was that was turning up the heat when the Leafs tried to be "bold" (for lack of a better word)? Myers, Burroughs, Joshua and....JT with a team leading 5 hits (who didn't shy away from Schenn even though it could've turned ugly).

Get rid of JT and this team's a lot friendlier. I'm glad management gets it even if some armchair gm's don't. Drance leading the charge in that.

Yes, JT and Petey put on quite a show. A great team effort. As one who wanted Miller traded it was always about his age and the term of his contract. Taken within the context of the team if CAP space is created by other players being moved I can see value in keeping Miller. This is all easily speculated on because we don’t know the offers. I will never deny that JT brings a element to the team that is much needed. We should also acknowledge that he signed for less than market IMHO. That might have been done to give him certainty but also recognizing that Kadri sat in limbo all summer. 

My tank is under severe pressure. Tocchet has the team playing much better and Demmer is back to form.

• Cheers 3

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My fear is that with Demko doing well he's hiding the issues that our defence has. And then management will figure we will be just fine defensively.

There's been little issues in scoring. The Canucks always seem to be lacking in centres, and we need to overhaul the defence.

The issues were, largely, coaching related and a lack of buy on by fwds.......not tyst they don't need a D upgrade, they do, but they aren't the biggest issue 

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Yes, JT and Petey put on quite a show. A great team effort. As one who wanted Miller traded it was always about his age and the term of his contract. Taken within the context of the team if CAP space is created by other players being moved I can see value in keeping Miller. This is all easily speculated on because we don’t know the offers. I will never deny that JT brings a element to the team that is much needed. We should also acknowledge that he signed for less than market IMHO. That might have been done to give him certainty but also recognizing that Kadri sat in limbo all summer. 

My tank is under severe pressure. Tocchet has the team playing much better and Demmer is back to form.

Let it go Boudrias, they'll be lucky to get 9-10.  On the plus side, there's two good dmen in that range

10 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

My fear is that with Demko doing well he's hiding the issues that our defence has. And then management will figure we will be just fine defensively.

There's been little issues in scoring. The Canucks always seem to be lacking in centres, and we need to overhaul the defence.

My impression of this management is they have a clear idea of the weaknesses in this roster. The rebuild of the d-core is already underway.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SilentSam said:

LoL !!

Tavares !.. just stay down !

Joshua & Myers answering to Schenns tone setting

it’s the same hit by 2 different players in exactly the same spot ..

ground hogs day for Tavares.

Keep your head up.

Didn't I just tell you to keep your head up.

Oh, never mind.

Bedtime for Bonzo.

Bedtime-for-bonzo GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1

Miller had an excellent game. As I was watching I kept thinking "See NYR, or CAR or ? - You blew it.  JT Miller would've made a difference on your team and that's why you won't win the Cup this year"

Demko was great as well. Two short-handed goals during the same penalty? I mean, c'mon. That's elite PK right there :lol:

Tavares got flattened twice, Matthews went down blocking a shot, O'Reilly had to leave the game. VAN basically beat them up. Good luck in the playoffs TOR :P

They looked like a playoff team last night, and that was without Hronek, Mikheyev and Bear (and OEL, Dermott, Pearson). Canucks building a winner under Tocchet.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, stawns said:

Let it go Boudrias, they'll be lucky to get 9-10.  On the plus side, there's two good dmen in that range

Ya, you’re probably right. Management would really have to limit TOI and sit out some players. The up coming games have weaker opponents. The tank dream is sinking.

• Huggy Bear 1

23 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If Meyers played 1 physical game in 5 he would re-establish his top 4 status. He could bring an element to the Canucks that is desperately needed.

I’d be OK if he did that every game and got a penalty.  It might make the other team to play more cautiously.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BPA said:

I’d be OK if he did that every game and got a penalty.  It might make the other team to play more cautiously.

A player like Trouba takes penalties because of his physical play all the time. I’m sure the Rangers are perfectly fine with it.

Its part of establishing an identity as a team that’s hard to play against.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

A player like Trouba takes penalties because of his physical play all the time. I’m sure the Rangers are perfectly fine with it.

Its part of establishing an identity as a team that’s hard to play against.

You have to have a half way decent pk to take that approach though.

• Cheers 1