The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Toronto Maple Leafs at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 04, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

9 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

If we can get an effective Myers for cheap,sign me up

It’s assessment time,  How players finish has a lot to do identifying what and who goes and stays..    unfortunately,  possibly dropping us out of the Lottery.

I suspect,  the players who identify as “keepers”  might become healthy scratches more often over the next 20 games,   helping us not to drop out of the lottery.

Regardless of Bedard being #1 OA ,  it is a pack of good young talent.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aznmonk said:

This is the Meyers we need.. who needs tough guys to fight. Send him out there to lay a hit on there top scorer behind the net get 2 min. That will instill fear.  Then they would stop cheap shot our mvps.  Priceless, he will be our game changer. Maybe line them up behind a ref 2 for the price of 1 ?

I saw someone tweet something funny about Myers.  He said once every season I dawns on Myers “Oh yeah, I’m 6’8 and 230 lbs, I can do this”.  :lol:

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

It’s assessment time,  How players finish has a lot to do identifying what and who goes and stays..    unfortunately,  possibly dropping us out of the Lottery.

I suspect,  the players who identify as “keepers”  might become healthy scratches more often over the next 20 games,   helping us not to drop out of the lottery.

Regardless of Bedard being #1 OA ,  it is a pack of good young talent.

And yet the Canadians can sit everyone out with phantom injuries with no repercussions from the league.  The Canucks get penalized RETROACTIVELY for signing Luongo to a long term contract that was legal at the time of signing him and not breaking any of the leagues rules.  No other team in the league would be treated like this.  I personally think the NHL hates the Canucks.  Too many black eyes.  Todd Bertuzzi on Moore was a national scandal. Burrows calling out the reffing corruption on Hockey Night In Canada,  2 Cup final riots.  Feels like it to me anyways.

Edited by Pure961089
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

19 hours ago, DrJockitch said:

I don’t know if it was the contract situation but I just don’t think Miller cam to camp in shape.

‘Good player but may need to work on discipline if he is going to stay good through that very long contract. 
Not convinced he will be here next year anyway.
Need to clear a lot of cap to even field what we have and have demonstrated that Boesser and Garland are challenging to move. 

Hope Wolanin sticks as 3rd left D/7th D. 

Apparently the injury that kept him out a couple games (which should have been week to week) had been nagging him the whole season. Could have been the reason also. 

8 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

And yet the Canadians can sit everyone out with phantom injuries with no repercussions from the league.  The Canucks get penalized RETROACTIVELY for signing Luongo to a long term contract that was legal at the time of signing him and not breaking any of the leagues rules.  No other team in the league would be treated like this.  I personally think the NHL hates the Canucks.  Too many black eyes.  Todd Bertuzzi on Moore was a national scandal. Burrows calling out the reffing corruption on Hockey Night In Canada,  2 Cup final riots.  Feels like it to me anyways.

The “League” dosent care because they don’t watch us..  Bettman and Daly take their geritol and hit the hay at 10 pm EST.

Personally, I think the “League” should honour the fact that the true beginnings of the game, which created the NHL and professional hockey was founded in Canada.

Lord Stanley’s Cup was a donation to keep the game competitive ..   Lord Stanley’s vision may have grown far past his own expectations,  but it was truly one of the most “Canadian” things in the world .

The Head Office should perhaps be in Calgary or Winnipeg.   Just my i opinion..  but at least they would be more in “touch” with the League , in general.

8 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Oh please, New Jersey got penalized a 1st round pick for handing out a cap circumventing deal.:)

Which Lou was able to get that penalty lessened after sending Luca Brasi to visit Buttman and make him an offer he couldn't refuse.:ph34r:

14 hours ago, Pure961089 said:

Has it dawned on anyone that Quinn Hughes is one of the biggest reasons we can’t do a full blown rebuild?  He’s 23, Petey’s 24.  They’re entering the prime of their careers, we can’t waist their prime years.  I think it’s an extremely bold and ambitious of Allvin and it might not work at all.  But I can see why they’re trying to build around those 2 core pieces.

Yes more specifically, we drafted Demko(1G), the year after, Petey(1C), the year after that, Hughes(1D) and then Hogs and Podz and Silovs the year after that. I don't know why many are saying gut the team and start over. I see a team about ready to compete and probably be pretty good for the next at 8-9 years with this core. 

I see the more problematic issue of trying to keep them together for that time frame.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stawns said:

Ask Petey

The chasing the mediocre middle strategy has been on going, since after 2011 and doubling down carries a very thin margin for the FO to operate on cause of the hard & flat cap.  The team is a bottom 5 dweller and capped out - but likes to chase the mediocre middle because of Francesco, not EP.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/569255

Edited by ShawnAntoski

9 hours ago, John_Guest said:

If I was a Tanker I'd be worrying less about those and more about what's coming. Schedule looks soft...or at least softer than it was earlier in the season.

With Demko, it seems pretty much guaranteed that the usual late season rise to the mediocre middle, in a lossing season will happen 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Oh please, New Jersey got penalized a 1st round pick for handing out a cap circumventing deal.:)

Which Lou was able to get that penalty lessened after sending Luca Brasi to visit Buttman and make him an offer he couldn't refuse.:ph34r:

Oh, poor baby lol.  I’m not feeling sorry for the New Jersy Devils who won how many draft lotteries?  How many cups?  Cry me a river.  

Edited by Pure961089
  • Cheers 1