The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ottawa Senators at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 11, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Just now, Alflives said:

You don’t think this was a meaningful game for Ottawa? That was an intense game and Miller dominated. Removing the elephant was huge for this club. 

Means nothing for the Canucks, at least as far this season is concerned 

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why did we dominate and win if it meant nothing? It meant a lot t9 the Sens and they played hard as heck. Miller took over and dominated. He led our guys and dragged them into the fight. 

It wasn't too long ago people here wanted him traded because of his poor defensive play and some of his behavior on ice. 

Seems like we all praising Miller as a leader (and some even as a future captain) due to recency bias 

I just don't see the point of evaluating him now due to his last 10 or so games 

Edited by iinatcc
  • RoughGame 2

39 minutes ago, brilac said:

haha! @Ghostsof1915. I actually ordered from Jack in the Box - the munchie meal! I am so full right now. I didn't even finish my fries/curly fries, and I ate the burger and 2 tacos. It must be loaded with calories. I am feeling it in my stomach as in fuller. 

One of the things I remember about the Rockford Files TV series. He'd duck into a Jack in the Box and get a Taco with fries. :D

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

So when did Benning do something similar to the Horvat and Hronek trade? 

PA is miles ahead already.

Benning would have traded our first for journeyman starting goaltender the minute that Demko got injured this season.

• Upvote 1
  • There it is 1

Just now, iinatcc said:

It wasn't too long ago people here wanted him traded because of his poor defensive play and some of his behavior on ice. 

Seems like we all praising Miller as a leader (and some even as a future captain) due to recency bias 

How many points did Miller have last season? 

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

I wanted to trade Miller. He sucked this year and we couldnt afford him. I was loud about it. I hope I was loud enough to make a difference to him personally. I want him to be accountable to us, the fans, every game. 

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, EastCoastNucks said:

I wanted to trade Miller. He sucked this year and we couldnt afford him. I was loud about it. I hope I was loud enough to make a difference to him personally. I want him to be accountable to us, the fans, every game. 

LOL I doubt very much you were loud enough to make a difference to him personally.

Did you watch Miller last year? 

• Cheers 1

Another solid victory tonight against a good team - right now, not angry at their decreasing odds for Bedard but not getting too over excited either cause they are playing with a bit less pressure.than earlier in the season and during the playoff drive. It is how they play with pressure that will decide how this team will be graded, likely this November.

RIght now, really is just an evaluation period of who may stick this coming fall - have been very impressed with PDG, Joshua, Brisbois and Dries - jury out on several others. 

Looks like they may finish everywhere from 8-13.  I believe the draft rules still allow for a team to win the lottery but can only move up 10 spots.max - so even a top 5 pick is still possible (satisfying the tanksters) though with very low odds.  They just need some luck in the lottery regardless of their final ranking.

2 minutes ago, Cup_Joneser said:

some things i have noticed... Tocchet is a creative genius.. it seems every game the team is adding something new to test out during these past 18 games...

a few things he has tried...

on the powerplay... the team plays more than just the standard umbrella formation, often they rotate around the sidewall and pointman which usually sets us up for a one timer slapshot from the point... and they are moving the puck better.

on the pk... the forecheckers are super aggressive... when you factor in all the shorthanded goals we have gotten we are not 6th best in net pk% @90%.

there was also a time when he played 3 defenceman on the pk. quinn hughes is so good with his stick i think he would make a amazing pk forechecker.

even strength...there has been times that tocchet sent out 4 forwards and hughes...

I think tocchet is gonna be around for a while... he has created a structure that is very sound defensively, but allows for for intense pressure on the forecheck that maximizes breakaways or odd man rushes... and i think it has allowed our best players to maximize their scoring threats..

our shots for have stayed about the same 30.9 > 30.4

shots against have dropped massively 31.8> 28.4

out net pp has stayed about the same 17.3 > 16.7

our net pk has gained huge 68.9> 90.0

When we had our coaching bump last year, I counted 5 games where we allowed more than 40 shots and 2 of those we allowed over 50.  Despite winning more games last year  something was still not right.  This year's bump is not like last years.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

What a joke.

He's been pretty much a ppg player since he arrived. Did you miss his 99 point season last year?

People who wanted him traded just didn't look hard enough. 

He made me MAD as hell this year cause he was flat. Flat when Horvat was pounding. So yes, I was one who complained loudly. And wanted to dump that 8Mil cap hit next year. I can only hope my bitching had reached his ears

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

What a joke.

He's been pretty much a ppg player since he arrived. Did you miss his 99 point season last year?

People who wanted him traded just didn't look hard enough. 

This is coming from a guy that had no problems keeping Miller last season, but I just find it hard to believe people's opinions on him can change so quickly (or sometimea erratically) . I just don't see how right now is a good time to formulate declarations on Miller. 

Miller, and this team for that matter, had to prove themselves before we can believe in him or this team again 

• RoughGame 1