The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Canucks - Coyotes

We make this trade in the event we are not able to land Jake Livingston and the draft has us picking in the 8-12 range.

Also the Coyotes are selling their team and taking on salary to get draft picks so they might do this trade. 

To Van - J.J Moser 

To Coyotes - 2023 1st,  Tyler Myers, Brock Boeser 

We unload a lot of salary and two players who could use a change of scenery. 

Van lands a 22 year old highly talented RD to play in the top 4. 

Next Seasons D is a step closer. Buyout OEL and sign a LD that fits the Rick Tocchet hardworking style of player. With our D finally fixed we might be able to do some damage in the playoffs. 

Hughes Hronek 

______  Moser 

Wolanin Bear 

Brisebois Julson 

Rathbone 

• RoughGame 1

50 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

We make this trade in the event we are not able to land Jake Livingston and the draft has us picking in the 8-12 range.

Also the Coyotes are selling their team and taking on salary to get draft picks so they might do this trade. 

To Van - J.J Moser 

Next Seasons D is a step closer. Buyout OEL and sign a LD that fits the Rick Tocchet hardworking style of player. With our D finally fixed we might be able to do some damage in the playoffs. 

Hughes Hronek 

______  Moser 

Wolanin Bear 

Brisebois Julson 

Rathbone 

First and foremost, by no means should we be moving our lottery pick. This is a deep draft and whether we move up in the lottery or pick 11 or 12, we’re gonna get a stud. Second, Moser is a left shot and plays left side. Third, this would be a horrific overpayment and an awful trade even if we need to move some money out. If we moved a lottery protected 1st next year I might be more open to a deal of this size but we’d have to get back a guy like Andrew Peeke as an example to even begin the conversation. Moser has talent but no shot on this trade. 

12 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

To Van - J.J Moser 

Hughes Hronek 

______  Moser 

Wolanin Bear 

Brisebois Julson 

Rathbone 

Huge pass for me! We already traded a 1st round pick pick along with a 2nd round pick this coming draft. We suffered for Myers full contract it is almost done, don't go do another Loui E trade 2.0 but us add a quality winger in Boeser with a top 10 pick. I get clearing 12.6m in cap space.

I would much rather KEEP a top 10 pick and Boeser. But am 100% on board moving Myers on July 2nd if we can to clear 6m and help a bottom cap team gain 6m in cap hit an a tradeable asset come TDL for a 1m salary pay out. Retain 50% maybe get a 3rd team to retain 25% more and get a late 1st-3rd pick back at the tdl for Myers...Right up Arizona's alley, they usually prefer players that don't play hockey just count against the cap tho!!!

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

Huge pass for me! We already traded a 1st round pick pick along with a 2nd round pick this coming draft. We suffered for Myers full contract it is almost done, don't go do another Loui E trade 2.0 but us add a quality winger in Boeser with a top 10 pick. I get clearing 12.6m in cap space.

I would much rather KEEP a top 10 pick and Boeser. But am 100% on board moving Myers on July 2nd if we can to clear 6m and help a bottom cap team gain 6m in cap hit an a tradeable asset come TDL for a 1m salary pay out. Retain 50% maybe get a 3rd team to retain 25% more and get a late 1st-3rd pick back at the tdl for Myers...Right up Arizona's alley, they usually prefer players that don't play hockey just count against the cap tho!!!

Haha only on CDC. 

2 hours ago, myre said:

Haha only on CDC. 

long shot of course but David Savard returned a 1st and a 3rd I believe to go to tampa and win the cup. Maybe tampa will offer their 2026 1st rounder for myers 75% retained in a 3 team trade...I joke I joke but if Savard, Chiarot can get 1sts if Myers somehow had a good season next year in a less pressure team to begin the year maybe some team goes nuts with a late 1st round pick offer to acquire a veteran RHD who has some size and doesn't back down from contact!?!?

Likely NOT to happen tho in my opinion!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Neutral said:

long shot of course but David Savard returned a 1st and a 3rd I believe to go to tampa and win the cup. Maybe tampa will offer their 2026 1st rounder for myers 75% retained in a 3 team trade...I joke I joke but if Savard, Chiarot can get 1sts if Myers somehow had a good season next year in a less pressure team to begin the year maybe some team goes nuts with a late 1st round pick offer to acquire a veteran RHD who has some size and doesn't back down from contact!?!?

Likely NOT to happen tho in my opinion!

I'll be very happy if his cap hit is gone next year and we got nothin in return.:lol:

So if we get a pick even a 1st I want you as GM ASAP!!

Moser is an LD and they moved Chychrun because he's so good.

I wonder if we can get our 3C from them. Either Boyd or ideally McBain. Surely Boeser straight up for of these guys works. Heck even Boeser for Schmaltz works.

Then flipping Myers, I think we'd have to give them a pick like a 3rd or something.

So Boeser + Myers + 3rd for McBain/Schmaltz/Boyd + 7th (to even up bodies a bit)

Yeah I'd do that. Use that cap to sign Graves 5M and can probably snag a cheap UFA.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Beauvillier - Miller - Podkolzin

Hoglander - McBain - Garland

Joshua - Aman - PDG

Kravstov 

Graves - Hronek

Hughes - Livingstone

OEL - Soucy

Dermott

Nope. 

Myers and OEL plus BB our 3rd next year 

For their 3rd this year. 

Myers they could get a 2nd or third tdl 

BB they could retain and get a 2 nd this year.  

They get more picks and OEL to get closer to cap floor.  

That makes more sense for both teams.

On 3/16/2023 at 11:45 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Moser is an LD and they moved Chychrun because he's so good.

I wonder if we can get our 3C from them. Either Boyd or ideally McBain. Surely Boeser straight up for of these guys works. Heck even Boeser for Schmaltz works.

Then flipping Myers, I think we'd have to give them a pick like a 3rd or something.

So Boeser + Myers + 3rd for McBain/Schmaltz/Boyd + 7th (to even up bodies a bit)

Yeah I'd do that. Use that cap to sign Graves 5M and can probably snag a cheap UFA.

Mikheyev - Pettersson - Kuzmenko

Beauvillier - Miller - Podkolzin

Hoglander - McBain - Garland

Joshua - Aman - PDG

Kravstov 

Graves - Hronek

Hughes - Livingstone

OEL - Soucy

Dermott

I would do Boyd either Boyd or McBain, plus Kesselring for either Boeser or Garland (wonder if it's a bad look to trade him back to the team he asked out from :lol: but, "it's a business" like they say).  3rd C for cheap, plus an RHD with size and mobility (whom they got for trading Bjugstad) would make for a good return, not to mention freeing up a whole bunch of cap space.