The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] San Jose Sharks at Vancouver Canucks | Mar. 23, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

6 minutes ago, bh90 said:

Couldn't agree more. Fans getting mad we aren't losing are like people who buy V8s and complain about gas

I think you guys aren't getting why people are upset they are winning and playing so well at the end of the year. Yes we have no control over it but it's the fact that they started playing as a team when coaching changes are made or something big has to happen. It's more that and I think people have a hard time understanding what they do now has no impact on next year. It never has. Every top team that loses says they forget what happened last year and move on. They just better realize it's going to take a lot of hard work. I am having a hard time getting over the whole season. I will and it will be better once the start of next year comes. It's just every win feels like where was this? It's hard to get over the terrible first half they had because what they are doing now doesn't amount to much but it is what it is. I am enjoying the scoring though. It's a weird place to be so I am sorry if I am offending or ruining peoples experience with my comments. It's been a long twelve years since the glory days.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -DLC- said:

Bedard.

And he was never coming here anyhow. 

Well a few weeks ago we had a 12.1% chance of lading him and we could have improved upon that if Tock-it didn't burn-out QH for 59 minutes/game and EP40/Miler for 27-28 minutes/game, and now we're at only a 4.2% chance to land him and headed towards zero pretty fast with these "vanity" wins - and for what?   

This late year "Dead Cats bounce" happens year after year and we always start off the next year in a coma.  At least make all the losses worth something at seasons end!

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 5
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I think you guys aren't getting why people are upset they are winning and playing so well at the end of the year. Yes we have no control over it but it's the fact that they started playing as a team when coaching changes are made or something big has to happen. It's more that and I think people have a hard time understanding what they do now has no impact on next year. It never has. Every top team that loses says they forget what happened last year and move on. They just better realize it's going to take a lot of hard work. I am having a hard time getting over the whole season. I will and it will be better once the start of next year comes. It's just every win feels like where was this? It's hard to get over the terrible first half they had because what they are doing now doesn't amount to much but it is what it is. I am enjoying the scoring though. It's a weird place to be. 

Are we the same team as the first half? We are frighin’ great! There will be no spot on the parade route for fans who don’t cheer for us now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are we the same team as the first half? We are frighin’ great! There will be no spot on the parade route for fans who don’t cheer for us now. 

What? 

Season 6 What GIF by The Office

You mean cheer for them not us. We don't play the games and of course anyone can still be a fan. Really doesn't matter if you don't think they should be.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

13 minutes ago, Muttley said:
Team Shots Hits Blocked FO Wins Giveaways Takeaways Power Plays
SJS 19 34 17 50.0% 4 6 0/2
VAN 21 26 5 50.0% 6 8 0/5

Goes to show stats don't always depict the true essence of a game. Not even close. We didn't even need our power play :lol:

Sharks blocked more shots than Reimer made saves, just saying.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Well a few weeks ago we had a 12.1% chance of lading him and we could have improved upon that if Tock-it didn't burn-out QH for 59 minutes/game and EP40/Miler for 27-28 minutes/game, and now we're at only a 4.2% chance to land him and headed towards zero pretty fast with these "vanity" wins - and for what?   

This late year "Dead Cats bounce" happens year after year and we always start off the next year in a coma.  At least make all the losses worth something at seasons end!

Don't forget nux always seem to go down on draft lottery.  Maintaining draft position is rare. And they never win the lottery. 

• Cheers 3