The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, 1-d said:

Most hopeful, yet also unlikely scenario.

He was 80% of his peak last year and then sucked this year. 

His mobility was affected by his summer injury, he never looked 100% until 2 months into the season. 

There has been way too much hyperbole over how bad OEL has been this year. 

I would not be shocked to see OEL-Hronek make an excellent pairing next year. 

So the pattern for this team is they absolutely cannot handle pressure or expectations.  The second they have either they cave in.  The moment that pressure dissipates they can play just fine.  This team isn't a playoff team, if they ever made it there it will be on Demko's coattails.  Once there the pressure will get to them and a sweep is the most likely outcome.

Good news is we have further weakened our draft position and with the group that picked Lekkerimaki last draft with a middle of the pack pick I expect to see another miss this draft.  

Given the moves made by this front office it appears we will forever strive for lightning in a bottle trades like Kravtsov and Raty, to try to pry open the playoff door.  I wouldn't hate this if the goal was the Stanley Cup but this and the last management groups have stressed that playoffs is the goal, AKA Aquaman wants some free money right meow.

• RoughGame 3

12 minutes ago, Sepultura said:

With the 13th overall pick the Canucks select Johnny Johnson!!! Yay!!! The Canucks will be stuck in mud for years because they can’t suck it up and lose games in garbage time

Johnny Johnson would be a steal at 13th! I hope we get him! :wub:

• Cheers 1

25 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Coilers DJ with Britney 'Toxic"..thought our DJ was bad..

I mean, if you gave me a guilty pleasure... Toxic might be it, produced by Miike Snow 

For the Month of March. We have cut our Goals against to 2.0833r

That's like a full 2 goals against improvement from earlier in the season.

That is incredible.

Reinbacher or Sandin-Pellikka, or an NCAA defenceman or two could really upgrade the defence.

If we can trade Garland and Boeser at the draft and get even two late second rounders. Things would look a lot better next year.

Sportsnet has Reinbacher at 10th. Bob Mac of TSN has Reinbacher at 20th which I find hard to believe. Both have Sandin-Pellikka at 17th.

Both TSN and Sportsnet have Oliver Bonk at 30th. Not sure if the Canucks can swing an extra late 1st round pick. But he's doing great for the London Knights.

Oliver is the son of former Ottawa Senators Radek Bonk.

Edited by Ghostsof1915

52 minutes ago, Alienhuggyflow said:

Thing is the best odds we realistically would get is 6%. The teams below us are bad hockey teams planning on tanking. We just got 50 games of bad goaltending and coaching.

While Bedard would be awesome it's always been a long-shot. Imagine losing with Demko and still not getting Bedard? I was much more invested in seeing positive changes and the return of the Demko we know and love. I just don't believe losing is ever good and I especially don't think one player is worth blowing up your team for cuz that would have been the only way to auck enough to get past the 4 or 5 truly terrible teams.

It's not the lottery that matters, but drafting 6th to 8th would mean that we get a top tier center or the best right handed defenseman (Reinbacher) in the draft. 

We are most likely going to be looking at getting another small winger at 12th overall. 

1 minute ago, VancouverHabitant said:

It's not the lottery that matters, but drafting 6th to 8th would mean that we get a top tier center or the best right handed defenseman (Reinbacher) in the draft. 

We are most likely going to be looking at getting another small winger at 12th overall. 

But isn't Bedard a small center going 1st overall?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Plaguez said:

So the pattern for this team is they absolutely cannot handle pressure or expectations.  The second they have either they cave in.  The moment that pressure dissipates they can play just fine.  This team isn't a playoff team, if they ever made it there it will be on Demko's coattails.  Once there the pressure will get to them and a sweep is the most likely outcome.

Good news is we have further weakened our draft position and with the group that picked Lekkerimaki last draft with a middle of the pack pick I expect to see another miss this draft.  

Given the moves made by this front office it appears we will forever strive for lightning in a bottle trades like Kravtsov and Raty, to try to pry open the playoff door.  I wouldn't hate this if the goal was the Stanley Cup but this and the last management groups have stressed that playoffs is the goal, AKA Aquaman wants some free money right meow.

I've actually really liked all the moves by our front office so far. Not a big fan of the Lekerimakki pick, so let's see how they do this time around. 

Old regime's scouts did really well in the rest of the draft though. Petey 2.0 and Kirill look great so far. 

2 minutes ago, Googlie said:

But isn't Bedard a small center going 1st overall?

Yes, he's a center, not a winger. 

We need centers, not wingers.