The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Dallas Stars | Mar. 25, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Don’t bother. I’ve tried arguing this for months.

Some people can’t get it out of their head that it’s not Bedard or bust.

The real goal is to stay in that 5-8 window to get one of those top tier centers. Those are the spots we got Petey and Hughes. But I guess we’re good enough now and don’t need another top player.

Just  remember  that Boldy was 1 pick after Podkolzin, so 11 in a not so deep draft........

This years draft is deeper...........I think there will still be players that can help this team, where we pick, AND..............if management is proactive, we can move up if needed......

It is a matter of priorities...............what do you want, and how much will you pay for it?

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The real goal is to stay in that 5-8 window to get one of those top tier centers. Those are the spots we got Petey and Hughes. But I guess we’re good enough now and don’t need another top player.

What you don't seem to get is the players won't tank. 

I also want a decent 3c that might end up 2c. 

I think a BB, Hogs and 4th could get us that.Pay a Mill if f BB's salary.

A younger 23 C or so.  

Raty still needs time but in two years we could round out our Centers and have three young guys to ng forward.

7 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Why? We don’t need a young prospective centre. Our brilliant manager traded Bo. In the return we got a great prospective centre. 
Just accept we are a very good young team. We just dominated another very good club. We are winning the Cup in 2024

2 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Just  remember  that Boldy was 1 pick after Podkolzin, so 11 in a not so deep draft........

This years draft is deeper...........I think there will still be players that can help this team, where we pick, AND..............if management is proactive, we can move up if needed......

It is a matter of priorities...............what do you want, and how much will you pay for it?

Robertson on the Stars was a Second round pick

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Would have rather had Seider or Cozens.

A few spots does matter in the draft. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why? We don’t need a young prospective centre. Our brilliant manager traded Bo. In the return we got a great prospective centre. 
Just accept we are a very good young team. We just dominated another very good club. We are winning the Cup in 2024

We’re not that young and you always need a pipeline of great young centers. Raty is FAR from a guarantee.

We dominated another team that pushed and won when it mattered and now they’re locked into a playoff spot. This team still needs to prove it can win under pressure. Right now they’re playing free and loose with nothing on the line.

Edited by DeNiro

Just now, DeNiro said:

Would have rather had Seider or Cozens.

A few spots does matter in the draft. 

I’d rather have Hronek. Seider is over hyped. Hronek was the Wings best D and by a lot. Seider might become a good player. But right now it’s clear, from all their luang since he’s been out of their lineup, that Hronek was key to their winning. 

Just now, Alflives said:

I’d rather have Hronek. Seider is over hyped. Hronek was the Wings best D and by a lot. Seider might become a good player. But right now it’s clear, from all their luang since he’s been out of their lineup, that Hronek was key to their winning. 

Seider is 4 years younger, puts up points and plays nasty.

You’re off your meds if you think Hronek is better than Seider.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

We’re not that young and you always need a pipeline of great young centers. Raty is FAR from a guarantee.

We dominated another team that pushed and won when it mattered and now they’re locked into a playoff spot. This team still needs to prove it can win under pressure. Right now they’re playing free and loose with nothing on the line.

Raty is great! We are great! M-5 is great! Scotch, which I’ve had a lot of tonight, is great! 
we just dominated (defensively) a very good club. Hughes and zHtonek played pretty much the whole game. Having those two is key, Huge win on that trade. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Robertson on the Stars was a Second round pick

Yes good players get picked later. We all know that argument. Too bad we traded our 2nd though.

Our 1st is our only legit chance to find a gamebreaker. Might be able to do it at 12 but I would feel a lot more confident at 5-8.

Winning at season's end has happened the last couple years. 

I really think this year is different.

We need a couple more proven D men and one more good center. 

The way our cap is might be to hard to get that all done in the off season. 

Two years from now think it will and we can all be happy playoff time.  

I think next year will be close to a playoff spot but at this point not sure till the off season.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I understand but maybe this will help.

Edited by FaninMex
Quoted the wrong response.