The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Vancouver Canucks vs Calgary Flames, 7PM PST / 10PM EST, at Rogers Arena, why? Knock Out the Flames

Rate this topic

Rocket-68

5 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I hope they commission a skate one next year….and it doesn’t cost literally hundreds of dollars. 

I still don’t get how they got to that price point. 

I think it’s because it is local artists that are used for the design and locally made (probably made to order).  Not mass produced in (insert country) to reduce the costs.  Hence the higher prices.  

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Spot the oxymoron. 

Oh, there’s a moron alright!!! Did you miss the part about haters?! Usually they aren’t right! Correct? We need to be supportive, but that doesn’t have to include haters / those who are wrong. 

But, you keep doing you and trying to create issues! 

Have a great night and enjoy the game!!

5 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

8 games left and we just sidelined our #2 defender.

Can the tank be reborn?

Could RT hold back all our top players from playing 20 or more minutes? Can he stop using Dem every game? 

Doubt it but whatever. Still fun to see wins…

Signed by

Conflicted fan

Just stay below Detroit and ST.Louis and I’ll be happy. I don’t see much movement otherwise 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

Oh, there’s a moron alright!!! Did you miss the part about haters?! Usually they aren’t right! Correct? We need to be supportive, but that doesn’t have to include haters / those who are wrong. 

But, you keep doing you and trying to create issues! 

Have a great night and enjoy the game!!

::D

Just now, 88Canuck said:

Lol! Thanks!! I know, it’s rare these days. I’m far from perfect, but I try and that’s all we can ask me thinks. ::D

The world needs all types and I'm thankful people like you exist. I'm kind of a grump to be honest. Lol. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, rekker said:

The world needs all types and I'm thankful people like you exist. I'm kind of a grump to be honest. Lol. 

Fair enough / I agree! To be totally honest, I’m right there with you most days, but it takes a huge toll. I’m trying hard to find balance and have a better outlook. Plus, the kiddos my friend…I can’t let them down! 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

Much respect for your opinion / thoughts, but if you really want to buy one, put the hate aside and buy one my friend! I’d have to confirm, but I also believe the money goes to a good cause, so there’s that. Enjoy the game! ::D

Can’t do it, it’s an orca, and we already donate a fair bit to Canucks Place and children’s hospital.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I don't really see the correlation? 

McDonough is a younger player who'll be a longer term project than Kravstov. He's almost certainly going to be in Abby.

I don't get the Kravstov slander. He needs to work on his conditioning clearly but has shown the tools to be a player. He just got here, they should keep working with him. 

I  agree they should keep working with him, but based on his draft position (9th overall) and the opportunities he's had, he is not measuring up. I think he needs an attitude adjustment as much as anything. My opinion is he's not as good as he thinks he is, and he doesn't appear to want to do what's necessary to become the complete player he could be. He reminds me a bit of Goldobin. But then, what do I know? McDonough appears a lot hungrier and I hope he gets a good look. BTW, they're both 23 years old.

• Like 1

Just now, Wise Guy said:

Can’t do it, it’s an orca, and we already donate a fair bit to Canucks Place and children’s hospital.

That’s fair! Much love for showing your support and donating!! That’s alway important!!! 

• Cheers 2

38 minutes ago, 88Canuck said:

I’m going to beat this drum tonight!! Show love & support for equality, no matter what it is! I’m not perfect, but at the end of the day, I try to be a good person and do the right things. We all need to do better! Also, I want to be an example to my 3 kids first and foremost, but also others. Plus, if one day they need my love and support in this regard, I’ll be there with open arms. F the haters and show love!!! 

Be Yourself You Can GIF by bubly

tried to do my part, pre-ordered some merch. never owned any pride themed anything before. 

I'm no activist, but I'll happily advocate. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, SilentSam said:

You if all posters should realize that LAW in RuZ is implemented by a regime that can terrorize even its own citizens around the world without being accountable.

I would not want to hear of AKuzmenko “falling out of a window “ to invoke fear amongst other Russian Citizens.

And the truth is .. THAT scenario is a reality.

Im fine with the “pride” ,   I have wonderful friends of every demographic,.   
But a rainbow colored jersey is a “token” of appreciation,   And not worth a tradgedy.

Kuzmenko has been on NA soil for 9 months,  with family at home in Russia.

This IS ALL NEW TO HIM.

Corollary point:

What have Canadians done to protest the terrorism of Russia? How about we protest as hard against that war as hard as gay people protest rainbow colored jerseys. What about a minute of silence every game to protest the innocents killed? What about jerseys for peace. For an end to a unjust war? 

Canadian public opinion can do more to help actual people that need it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

37 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

I hope they commission a skate one next year….and it doesn’t cost literally hundreds of dollars. 

I still don’t get how they got to that price point. 

supply and demand. they only do a limited run, so they price it high to temper demand. 

1 hour ago, Sharpshooter said:

I don’t think anyone here called Kuz a bigot, nor an ahole bud. 

Yes exactly.

But not to sidetrack things here. My apologies.

The jersey's look great this year, hard to beat last year's iteration. 

Hoping for the Canucks to play the role of spoiler tonight, that would be an ok win in my books :towel:

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

@Alflives kuzy going to get the same treatment as Reimer?

Reimer came right out and said he can’t support the choice of a gay lifestyle, so he’s openly bigoted. He probably should have kept his mouth shut, but I think that’s why he got so much criticism. 

Kuzmenko just stated “family reasons”. If he’s indeed protecting his family, that’s a very different motivation. He may also be homophobic, but we don’t know and should not jump to any conclusions. 

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Haven't read the thread but lemme guess...

Some are equating not wearing a sweater for made up sky fairy reasons to a player concerned for the safety of family back in Rus?

Are they patting themselves on the back? are they claiming it's the same? are they calling all that don't condem Kuz as hypocrites?

i mean, one is organised fantasy beliefs and one is real actual legit danger. No?

Maybe you should read the thread.

• Huggy Bear 1

7 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Corollary point:

What have Canadians done to protest the terrorism of Russia? How about we protest as hard against that war as hard as gay people protest rainbow colored jerseys. What about a minute of silence every game to protest the innocents killed? What about jerseys for peace. For an end to a unjust war? 

Canadian public opinion can do more to help actual people that need it. 

In a later post ,   I mentioned it feels like we have come one degree before 360.

Where no one can have privacy, and you can be burned or hung for your belief or alternate opinion.

What has happen to privacy.

I don’t tell anyone who I vote for.

I don’t tell any one who I sleep with.

Privacy is as much a choice , as is coming out of a closet and marching in a parade to publicly support others.

Privacy matters ..   as much as Public opinion.

…. and any community or country should support that .

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2