Cyclone Taylor Trophy - "Most Valuable Player" (fan vote) - Elias Pettersson

Walter (Babe) Pratt Trophy - "Best Defenceman" (fan vote) - Quinn Hughes

Pavel Bure Award - "Most Exciting Player" (fan vote) - Andrei Kuzmenko

Fred J. Hume Award - "Unsung Hero" (fan vote) - Kyle Burroughs

My votes:

Cyclone Taylor: Hughes, but Petey was a very close second

Babe Pratt: Hughes, no contest

Pavel Bure: Kuzmenko

Hume: Dries. Provided a surprising punch on the PP and on the 4th line.

12 hours ago, You Mad Bro? said:

Voted 

49A2B953-671E-475C-B2C0-9D4A4A50D50D.jpeg

I'm with you on all but the MVP.    I agree EP40 is great - but the question I ask myself is; would the team be worse off overall without Demko or EP40??? and the answer is clearly Demko - as we all saw what happened when he was off sick.    We didn't stand a chance - at all!   

No matter - EP40 is also worthy of the vote as well.   So you're forgiven! Image result for Jesus

3 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I'm with you on all but the MVP.    I agree EP40 is great - but the question I ask myself is; would the team be worse off overall without Demko or EP40??? and the answer is clearly Demko - as we all saw what happened when he was off sick.    We didn't stand a chance - at all!   

No matter - EP40 is also worthy of the vote as well.   So you're forgiven! Image result for Jesus

Honestly I think Demko as MVP for this season is a bizarre vote.  I agree that Demko is necessary for the team to have a good season...but he has played 29 games and has a worse won/loss record than the team has without him.  He'll have played something like 34 games at the end of the year...plus he was bad himself for the first half of those games.

• Cheers 3

2 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

Honestly I think Demko as MVP for this season is a bizarre vote.  I agree that Demko is necessary for the team to have a good season...but he has played 29 games and has a worse won/loss record than the team has without him.  He'll have played something like 34 games at the end of the year...plus he was bad himself for the first half of those games.

But now that he's back to his old form you can see that he is the only reason we're winning most games.    When we had those two Abbotsford Goalies in when he was out injured, it was embarrassing!   So again, the question i ask is who can we best afford to be without and have the best chance of winning - and that is surely Demko because without him we're just a hodge-podge of the same old incompatible players we've had for the past several years ...............+/- a couple of new faces.   But I respect your opinion!

2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

But now that he's back to his old form you can see that he is the only reason we're winning most games.    When we had those two Abbotsford Goalies in when he was out injured, it was embarrassing!   So again, the question i ask is who can we best afford to be without and have the best chance of winning - and that is surely Demko because without him we're just a hodge-podge of the same old incompatible players we've had for the past several years ...............+/- a couple of new faces.   But I respect your opinion!

How did the team do with Silovs?

3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Think this year is an easy one. Petey for MVP, Hughes for D-man, Kuzmenko for most exciting (or does Petey/Hughes snag this too?) and Joshua for unsung hero. 

I find it an especially challenging year for everything but best defenseman.  Petey and Hughes are very close for MVP, about as close it has ever been for me in watching the team.  Unsung and Most Exciting also don't have clear winners either.  Hughes on the other hand probably wins best defenseman by the largest margin in any season of Canucks history.  I might still have Schenn at 2nd and we traded him away a while back.

Most Exciting has never really had a runaway winner for me except for Pavel Bure for his entire stretch and Cliff Ronning's first year.  And maybe Trevor Linden in his rookie year had at least a measurable lead over Skriko or whoever was 2nd at that point.  Those late 80s / early 90s teams just got more and more exciting...Linden got overtaken by Ronning in terms of exciting and then Pavel came along and was more exciting than anyone in the whole league...that lineup just built up steam for five good years or so.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1

Cyclone Taylor Trophy - "Most Valuable Player" (fan vote) - Quinn Hughes

Walter (Babe) Pratt Trophy - "Best Defenceman" (fan vote) - Quinn Hughes

Pavel Bure Award - "Most Exciting Player" (fan vote) - Andrei Kuzmenko

Fred J. Hume Award - "Unsung Hero" (fan vote) - Kyle Burroughs

I don't think Quinn can do much more to take MVP too.