The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Seattle Kraken at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 04, 2023 | 7:00 pm PT | Sportsnet Pacific

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

With the Canucks mathematically out - will be interesting to see how the team plays out its final 6 games   - go all in and try to win all of them with Hughes - Petey at 30m-25m  or use these games as a final evaluation of players on the bubble for  roster positions in the Fall.  I know the coaches are probably interested about the winning culture but the latter process will allow them to have a close look at those college free agents they signed in regular season game action against playoff bound teams rather than use them in prospect games in Sept.

Also, going all out against ANH, Blackhawks and Coyotes with their rosters in development mode not really the greatest celebration if they do win.

With one team playoff bound and another not, will be surprised if there is any major hitting tonight (usually to avoid injuries) - probably a looser game and be battle of the goalies. Maybe 5-4 OT for Kraken.

I really want people to stop saying we should stop trying to just make the playoffs cuz we need to be a C-C-Contender.  FFS we have made it 2 times in 12 years.

Next year make the playoffs.  Stop the crazy living in your mom's basement belief that a tear down rebuild is the way to go.

Make the playoffs next year!  Petey Hughes Demko and others need to have some success here.  It is not a video game.

Nonsense for anyone to still think making the playoffs is not important for this group.

And even more nonsense to say that we should tear it down and not make the playoffs for another 5 years. Good lord what a bunch of bs that is. That is a recipe for destroying the franchise - not saving it. 

Winning teams win. Enough negative crap. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

These last few games, the Canucks need to see what line combos they want to run next season.  Call up some rookies and see if they are ready for the NHL.  

Pad the stats of some players that they may want to trade in the offseason.  Put EP with Garland and Beau.  Put Kuz with Miller and Boeser to see if Kuz can be as productive with Miller.

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I slept all day. Still not feeling that great. It's odd I felt better yesterday. Not sure how much of the game I'm going to watch. Lots of tea. Oddly enough I'm not hungry at all.

Just had a crazy flu myself. On the mend myself. Hope you get better pal

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Lewlowned said:

I really dislike the Beauvillier - Aman - Garland line.

I wouldn't mind seeing McDonough swapped with Garland.

Put Garland with Dries and Studnicka. But I'm a sucker for stories like McDonough.

I’d like to see McDonough with Miller and Boeser for a couple games. Put Beau back on top line too…

kuz - petey - beau

mcD - Miller - Boeser

PDG - Dries - Garland

Studnicka - Aman - Joshua

17 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

FFS we have made it 2 times in 12 years.

How many of those years did we spend to the cap?  (Not to mention the assets we've thrown away)  Nobody wants to tear it down and rebuild (at least that I've seen) but if they would have chilled out for even one year it would have really helped.  

I used to actively cheer for teams that I hate to do exactly what we've done over the last decade or so.

They absolutely should be trying to make the playoffs next year.  Additions like Hronek and our new coach are a good step in that direction.  This "all or nothing" mentality absolutely needs to stop however.  It has seriously damaged this team on multiple occasions over the years.  We should be much better than we are right now.  We aren't though because we put so much stock in to previous seasons.  Weren't those years fun?  

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Mando27 said:

Wish the media would stop trying to push this "rivalry" narrative. Rivalries between teams are built in the playoffs, the Kraken haven't been around long enough to have any sort of rivalry with Vancouver. I could see them and Dallas building one, those two teams have had some pretty intense games lately.

I hear you, but the fact is geography does play a role in Rivalries. Seattle and Van will have a rivalry if for no other reason than to be known as the best of the North-west. But I agree, it will get there organically. No need for media trying to make something up for narrative sake.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I hear you, but the fact is geography does play a role in Rivalries. Seattle and Van will have a rivalry if for no other reason than to be known as the best of the North-west. But I agree, it will get there organically. No need for media trying to make something up for narrative sake.

I think it will come together.  Seattle will be getting their first taste of the playoffs which will start breeding more passion in the fanbase.  They will begin to hate it when our fans travel down there and fill up a large portion of their building.  Their fans might start doing the same thing (especially if they build a good team) which will surely annoy our fans.  And we're off to the races!  Haha

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Baratheon said:

Are we allowed to cheer for draft position now?  Or will Petey and Hughes still have their entire careers derailed if they don't get to pad their stats in games that mean about as much as the pre-season?  

Cheer, yes!

Cry, whine, rock back and forth, repeating the same thing over and over again ...

It's going to happen anyway. ;)

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • There it is 1