[PGT] Chicago Blackhawks at Vancouver Canucks | Apr. 06, 2023

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I totally forgot but Hughes wore the C for Team USA in the 2018 WJC

Also here’s his fight in the WJC:

Edited by Odd.
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Such a tonne of experience to have for our younger guys. We'll see how he is coaching-wise but even just having his little tid bits must be really helpful for defencemen. Great hire getting him and Gonchar in alongside Tocchet who hasn't had the best coaching record before.

The pieces are in place, I really hope we defend well next year to start off because all this player experience doesn't always translate to good coaching ability.

3 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Let Hirose dominate Abby next year before we bring him back. 

Trade Rathbone. 

Get bigger defenseman to surround those 2. McWard to Abby too, looks like a good journeyman type defensive defenseman. 

Let them marinate and cook for a year in Abby

Steak-in-Pan-Gif.gif

• Haha 2
  • Tanks a lot 1

1 hour ago, Muttley said:

Quinn Hughes has a rather compete game. Some would argue, he does in all. It's a sentiment I largely agreed with until the latter part of this season, so I was wrong.

His shot is not a muffin anymore, and:  

So now we have it all. A harder, lower shot and hockey hooliganism. Only one thing left, C what I mean? 

I C what you did there 

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

He shouldn't have to do stuff like that.  We really need some toughness next year 

We need toughness that can play with the top guys. Tocchet tried Joshua but he’s not able to play those minutes. I’d like us to trade Garland for Josh Anderson. Habs would have to add picks, of course, to make the deal fair. 

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

He shouldn't have to do stuff like that.  We really need some toughness next year 

This frustration is the result of not adding toughness. Our skill guys have to take it into their own hands 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

33 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

Thing is, we want a team where EVERYONE does stuff like that. I feel like that's Tocchet's message.

• Cheers 4