The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday April 11 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Anaheim

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

5 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

494D99EE-5392-4DA1-901E-82F2FBDF883D.thumb.png.6170b31956ae48d18f94e725055d1066.png

Yikes :lol::lol::lol:

He had a rough first 15 games cause of guys like Myers and OEL shitting the bed infront of him.

Now go check Demko stats the previous 2 years. 

Now let’s check who is the NHL’s worst defensive pairing.

A9F8E2B8-62F1-49BD-B6F9-24AF47CFEA8C.jpeg.08125a6af1db28dd3082ac81209007f6.jpeg

Hahahahahahaha found the OEL and Myers lover!!!!

Edited by Odd.
  • Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Oh, of course - my bad for being taking into account his entire impact this year.  I should have been more selective so it would not paint him in such a realistic picture !  I'll try harder next time to make Miller seem better than he really is - I promise! :rolleyes:

The guy has been on a tear leading the team in face offs. hits, fights and back to a point a game pace. His defensive side has also vastly improved. I don’t get what your issue is. Every one struggled at the beginning of the season.

Focus your misguided and negative energy where it belongs like that dynamic duo Myers and OEL who lead the NHL as the worst defenders in the league. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

RU Serious? 

How?

SARCASM - 

sar·casm
/ˈsärˌkazəm/

noun
  1. the use of irony to mock or convey contempt.
    "his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment"
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Lmao how many 5v5?? Maybe take a little peak at Hughes 5v5 goals against while you’re at it. Oh and make note of the difference in dZs%

Myers has 79 5v5 GA, Hughes at 75, so what? You're comparing two players with completely different playstyles. Hughes is at 0.96ppg and breaking his own franchise records. What's Myers excelling at?

1 minute ago, -DLC- said:

He's pretty much been a ppg player or better since he got here.

You really need to get over it. He's one of our best players and makes a huge impact on the team. Not sure if you've noticed how he sticks up for his teammates? That's been something lacking...especially when Schenn gone.

Realistic? Hardly. 

He is a very skilled hockey player and I certainly have never stated he wasn't in in any post, so I think we're on the same page when it comes to that but I definitely would not put him in the "Great" Category.  "Very good" perhaps - but not "Great" as someone tried to elude to earlier.   

However, I personally do not think he is a player to build this team around, as I have deep concerns about the extremely long length of his contract, which went way overboard at 7 years when he's pushing 40 and doesn't even start until next season, his inconsistent effort and his lack of positive team spirit due to his anger management issues he's displayed on numerous occasion - including right up to 3 games ago (for those with short memories) and still counting.   Fortunately RT finally had enough and called him out.  Hopefully he got the message!

I've played & coached enough hockey (very likely more years than you've been on the earth) to sense a problematic player when I see one and as far as I'm concerned JR should have taken the "Apparent" offer from Pittsburg for him at TDL and ran - which was apparently at least two 1st Rounder's ++++ much more.   I do not see him as a good fit on this team for the long-term and am praying JR will unload him before next year when his NTC kicks-in due to the above.  However, if we end up stuck with him, I sure hope he grows up and gets on-board for the ride otherwise it's going to be a long decade for his fellow team-mates and us fans watching him.  But that's just my opinion - and I could be completely wrong - of course   Other than that I believe we are in complete agreement on everything!  :wub::canucks:

14 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

Myers has 79 5v5 GA, Hughes at 75, so what? You're comparing two players with completely different playstyles. Hughes is at 0.96ppg and breaking his own franchise records. What's Myers excelling at?

You seem like the kind of guy who rallied against Beagle and then acted shocked when our PP hit all time lows.  

• Haha 1