The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Tuesday April 11 2023 - Vancouver Canucks @ Anaheim Ducks - 7:00pm PT/10:00pm ET - Anaheim

Rate this topic

OldFaithfulCap

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Ducks aren’t even trying… :picard:

Ducks already admitted to tanking. Players are cheering for losses there. They are doing it correctly unlike the canucks. I hope they win the draft lottery and destroy the canucks in the future. I hope to see the canucks continue to miss the playoffs or lose in round 1 every year and petey signing another short term deal to walk. This ownership group deserves nothing 

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

slight bump??? On his leg??? Clearly clips his hip, but hey who needs hips or legs to skate right? I seem to remember Hughes stumbling and falling on the blueline this year that lead to a goal… with zero contact….

Really??? Ive seen 30 or more goals where Myers is ON his man OR the goal comes from the other side. Ive also seen countless garbage goals. Which is probably why he leads the team in low danger goals against. Because of our sh*t goaltending allowing LOW DANGER AKA LOW CHANCE GOALS in.

what have Demko, Delia and Martin done for us recently??

He had more than enough time to recover. So he had his guy on 30 of the 113 goals against he was on the ice for. Bravo.

2 minutes ago, Tank4Bedard said:

Ducks already admitted to tanking. Players are cheering for losses there. They are doing it correctly unlike the canucks. I hope they win the draft lottery and destroy the canucks in the future. I hope to see the canucks continue to miss the playoffs or lose in round 1 every year and petey signing another short term deal to walk. This ownership group deserves nothing 

Ducks got nothing to build around.

Even with Bedard they’re gonna suck for a long long time.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

A top notch offensive dman and a top notch defensive dman.

One is not pressured, but has the puck a ton. 
The other retrieves and works for the puck but has minimal puck time, but is always under pressure

Is this a hypothetical or are you hinting at each descriptor being someone on our roster?

I think this hypo is a little flawed, the game has changed. All defenseman come under pressure, if they are capable of skating out of any pressure successfully your Cale Makar or Quinn Hughes. Who are also able to use their skating ability to make defensive plays/retrivals the positional DFD can't.

I guess the OFD b/c of being a puck carrier. 

3 minutes ago, Tank4Bedard said:

They can build around Bedard or Michkov or Carlson or Fantelli cuz they are tanking properly. Besides, 2025 is another deep draft I hear in terms of high end talent. 

If everything goes right. No guarantees.

That team is gonna be the Oilers and Sabres early years rebuild. 

40 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Cool story bro, a good hockey play could come up and slap you in face and you’d never know.

You’re all like a bunch of high school girls gossiping for sake of gossip

In a losing season you cry about “the tank commander” lmfao

you cry when we win and you cry when we lose

33 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

For every good save Demko has made since returning from injury, I can also count twice as many bad goals he has let in this season.

Myers isnt here to make saves. But clearly Demko wasnt either up until returning from injury and Martin wasnt here to make saves all season. 

You morons blame Myers and OEL when its our goalies who have the leagues worst combined sv% and one of if not the worst GSAA

:lol::lol::lol:

14 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I said right now, not from the start of the year.  Since Tocchet took over he is on a pace for 100 points.  He also got 99 points last year.  Only 15 other guys did that.  Plus, he’s great on faceoffs, PP and PK and can hit and fight…

Still, don’t be surprised if/when Allvin decides that he’s finally heard the right proposal from a fellow GM this summer. I won’t be, and will absolutely hate to see him go. 

13 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Oh, of course - my bad for being taking into account his entire impact this year.  I should have been more selective so it would not paint him in such a realistic picture !  I'll try harder next time to make Miller seem better than he really is - I promise!

He's pretty much been a ppg player or better since he got here.

You really need to get over it. He's one of our best players and makes a huge impact on the team. Not sure if you've noticed how he sticks up for his teammates? That's been something lacking...especially with Schenn gone.

Realistic? Hardly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Chickenspear said:

He had more than enough time to recover. So he had his guy on 30 of the 113 goals against he was on the ice for. Bravo.

Lmao how many 5v5?? Maybe take a little peak at Hughes 5v5 goals against while you’re at it. Oh and make note of the difference in dZs%

6 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Ducks got nothing to build around.

Even with Bedard they’re gonna suck for a long long time.

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

You must live in a fantasy. 

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

If everything goes right. No guarantees.

That team is gonna be the Oilers and Sabres early years rebuild. 

The complete tear down is looking less successful as time goes on.

Buffalo, Arizona, Detroit has missed many years, EDM was there for awhile (they'd still be non-playoff or non-contender with anyone but McDavid), San Jose is a long ways away, even LA has had their success largely on the back of veterans not drafted players (Kopitar, Doughty, Danault, Kempe, Arvidsson, Fiala). 

Columbus & Chicago look a long ways away from being good - Chicago has next to nothing. Anaheim does have some nice pieces - McTavish, Mintyukov, Zegras to some extent, potentially Zellweger - so they're closer but I wouldn't expect them to turn around overnight, they are truly dreadful atm.

• Like 2