• Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 7
    • Kings in 4
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/20/2023 at 02:00 AM

24 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

I hate the oilers but I gotta say this. 

The reffing has been very one sided and shows the corrupt nature of this league. 

What's funny is hearing all these oilers fan cry about it when they were the same people laughing at us when we were getting screwed in 2011 against the Bruins. 

Anyway, this piss poor reffing has to stop. If I wanted to watch WWE, I'd go watch that. I watch hockey because it's supposed to be a sport not some rigged entertainment. 

What is corrupt about it? Even Draisaitl’s penalty, don’t slash a guy from behind after the play and you won’t get called. This isn’t rocket surgery 

17 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah Draisaitl’s was, once you touch an opposing player after play is done you risk a call. Mind boggling you’re actually arguing otherwise. 

Lol Mind boggling you think it was a  good call especially in a playoff game

He touched his foot

Meanwhile guys get crosschecked to the ice after scoring a goal and no call

That was a gutless pansy call in the playoffs especially,

Good for you if they call crap like that all series 

too me that is only  a call in pee wee hockey (maybe)

5 hours ago, Ballisticsports. said:

He touched his foot

Is it a good call maybe? Maybe not? But chop at a guy after a goal you run the risk of being called, stupid move. And I love Draisaitl. 

19 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I hate the oilers but I gotta say this. 

The reffing has been very one sided and shows the corrupt nature of this league. 

What's funny is hearing all these oilers fan cry about it when they were the same people laughing at us when we were getting screwed in 2011 against the Bruins. 

Anyway, this piss poor reffing has to stop. If I wanted to watch WWE, I'd go watch that. I watch hockey because it's supposed to be a sport not some rigged entertainment. 

What about the two phantom penalties that gifted Edmonton a 5 on 3 in game one for no reason?

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, Ballisticsports. said:

He touched his foot

Maybe Draisitl should stop playing like a gutless pansy then.

• There it is 1

This is hockey reffing.  You can cross-check a guy in the back three times but of they don't go down, it never gets called.  It's totally illegal, though, and it's no wonder why players try to embellish getting hit.  Slashing is the exact same thing.  If I slash your skate nothing should happen, but it's totally illegal.  It makes total sense for you to go down in "pain" and deservedly draw a penalty.  But on the same day, you get phantom calls and make-up calls to make the game a complete mess.

Draisaitl is stupid.  He's still been Edmonton's best player by a wide margin, but he should know he doesn't have a great reputation with the refs.  He's a moody, grumpy player and will lash out for no reason.  Doesn't matter how soft it is - don't give anything they can punish you for.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Canuck You said:

Probably the most important game for LA, Let's see what they're made of!!

Yup. Will be very difficult for the Kings to win this one. The oilers will very likely get a huge number of power plays. I’d say 6-8 PPs for the Oilers. The Oilers top players are terrible five on five but dominate on the man advantage. So a game full of PPs is the only way for their top guys to help their team win. Otherwise McWhiner Baby and Big Leon are just hurting the team. 

The call on Draisaitl was weak,  but you can't put the ref in a position to make that call...especially in a playoff game. Anyone who plays a game against Doughty spends the entire 60 minutes wanting to slash him, but you can't put that feeling ahead of the team. Very poor discipline on the part of LD.

As far as the high stick goes, I think it probably was, but if there was a replay that showed it conclusively I certainly didn't see it. Also, although I'm not totally clear on what constitutes "the next player to touch the puck", it sure looked like it hit Ekholm in the back on the way down....

• Cheers 2