The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2023 at 11:00 PM

21 hours ago, Master Mind said:

No I just think it's strange to see a Toronto loss celebrated as if it were a Canucks win, while also mocking their fans for celebrating a series win.

Ya Almost as strange as defending the maple leafs on the Canucks most popular chat site :wacko:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

22 hours ago, Master Mind said:

No I just think it's strange to see a Toronto loss celebrated as if it were a Canucks win, while also mocking their fans for celebrating a series win.

Not trying to be an ass, but I find it strange that you find the Toronto mocking and vitriol so strange. It's not new and myself and others have described many of the reasons for it. It is a discussion board, and at times we discuss our love for watching that overrated team, its fan base, it's suck up media, all look ridiculous by losing every spring.

• Cheers 2

22 minutes ago, rekker said:

Not trying to be an ass, but I find it strange that you find the Toronto mocking and vitriol so strange. It's not new and myself and others have described many of the reasons for it. It is a discussion board, and at times we discuss our love for watching that overrated team, its fan base, it's suck up media, all look ridiculous by losing every spring.

Also, we’re not celebrating it “like a Canucks win.” Nobody is going out in the street waving their flags or honking their horns because the Leafs lost. We’re discussing the playoffs. Most people don’t like the Leafs, so most are going to be happy they lost. Just like when the Oilers or Flames or whoever lose. The only difference is when another team loses there isn’t a bunch of people crawling out of the woodwork crying about the poor hard done by Oilers/Flames/Bruins/whatever like they do the Leafs.

Edited by McBackup
  • Cheers 4

12 minutes ago, McBackup said:

Also, we’re not celebrating it “like a Canucks win.” Nobody is going out in the street waiving their flags or honking their horns because the Leafs lost. We’re discussing the playoffs. Most people don’t like the Leafs, so most are going to be happy they lost. Just like when the Oilers or Flames or whoever lose. The only difference is when another team loses there isn’t a bunch of people crawling out of the woodwork crying about the poor hard done by Oilers/Flames/Bruins/whatever like they do the Leafs.

I’ll add that celebrating a canucks win and celebrating a leafs lose are NOT mutually exclusive , they have nothing to do with each other. Hockey’s not for the easily offended it’s physical. And for all the milk toasts out there that puts them off. Players, fans , often troll opposing fans , this isn’t new. and the eastern base media gets involved with it as well. Elliot freidman is the biggest Canucks troll there is. With his rumours to his looking like like a complete slob when doing his Donnie and DHali interviews. Do I give a rats a$$. No not as much as our distane for the leafs seems to bother the OP  but what it does do is lend credence to why so many people hate the leafs and associated media. 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, rekker said:

I used the word 'strange' to be nice :)

13 hours ago, McBackup said:

You are. You’re entering a thread discussing the results of a 2nd round playoff series bewildered that people are laughing at the loser.

If somebody made a thread out of the blue about how much they hate the Leafs in the middle of November and it was garnering hundreds of upvotes and people chiming in with how much they also hate the Leafs, you’d have a point. But it’s not, it’s a completely on point topic you’ve walked into and are calling people obsessed. It’s like me going into the Knights-Stars series and saying “WhY iS eVeRyOnE taLkInG aBoUt the KnIgHts tHeY mUsT be OBSESSED.” 

No, they’re discussing the subject at hand. You just don’t like it because you disagree with the general sentiment.

No, that's just how you choose to (incorrectly) perceive it.