The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2023 at 11:00 PM

6 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Why would you celebrate a loss if you didn't hate the team? It's pretty obvious that's the reason.

No, Leafs fans don't celebrate our losses, not like this anyway. I'm in Ontario and have never come across this. They've always been indifferent or routing for us in the playoffs.

If you get that much enjoyment out of a non rival team losing, fill your boots. I just think it's strange.

They sure as **** weren't in 2011.  Habfans were (though only because no true Habsfans would EVER root for the Bruins.

Made it all the sweeter when the Bruins beat the Laffs in the postseason more than once.

• Cheers 3

8 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

They sure as **** weren't in 2011.  Habfans were (though only because no true Habsfans would EVER root for the Bruins.

Made it all the sweeter when the Bruins beat the Laffs in the postseason more than once.

I had the opposite experience. Every Leaf fan I knew was cheering for the Canucks.

What an interesting team lol. 

I think Matthews will sign there still. Might even be for less then originally planned due to repeatedly losing like this. They may need to move out someone significant though. Do a shakeup and clear some cap maybe (more like reallocate some cap). 

I've been hearing some Toronto coverage and they loved Schenn. Sounds like most fans/media want him resigned. Would like him back in Van, but good for him if this results in him getting some money from Toronto. 

A few people are saying their experience with Leaf fans in Toronto has been positive. Maybe. I have spent precious little time in Ontario. Maybe the ones there are a lot more chill and affable than the ones in BC. But the Leafs fans here (and online) are utterly insufferable, and since the ones near me are the ones I have to deal with, I think I’m in my rights to not want to give them something to cheer for.

• Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, McBackup said:

A few people are saying their experience with Leaf fans in Toronto has been positive. Maybe. I have spent precious little time in Ontario. Maybe the ones there are a lot more chill and affable than the ones in BC. But the Leafs fans here (and online) are utterly insufferable, and since the ones near me are the ones I have to deal with, I think I’m in my rights to not want to give them something to cheer for.

Sure and I'm pretty sure there are SOME people in Alberta that don't vote for the Social Conservative candidates.:)

32 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I had the opposite experience. Every Leaf fan I knew was cheering for the Canucks.

So we’re not supposed to post derogatory things about the leafs because of what you witnessed ? 

Spoiler

581e8ee927eb4_leafsstillsuck.gif.bdc26a0bf1cd7ecde962e90ed319df0e.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

What an interesting team lol. 

I think Matthews will sign there still. Might even be for less then originally planned due to repeatedly losing like this. They may need to move out someone significant though. Do a shakeup and clear some cap maybe (more like reallocate some cap). 

I've been hearing some Toronto coverage and they loved Schenn. Sounds like most fans/media want him resigned. Would like him back in Van, but good for him if this results in him getting some money from Toronto. 

He was the only true d man in the Florida series. He priced himself out of the Vancouver market me thinks.

• Cheers 1

'Nothing off the table': Emotional Kyle Dubas is ready for change

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/nothing-off-the-table-emotional-kyle-dubas-is-ready-for-change/

Dubas pointed directly to the team that ousted the Leafs, the Florida Panthers, for providing the template of a blockbuster. Yes, the Cats won the Presidents’ Trophy in 2022, but that didn’t stop them from firing their Jack Adams finalist coach (Andrew Brunette) and trade two core franchise pieces (Jonathan Huberdeau and MacKenzie Weegar) to Calgary in an effort to become a better high-stakes club.

“It’s a big move, but I don’t think it was hastily done,” Dubas said.

“I would consider anything with our group here that would allow us a better chance to win the Stanley Cup. I would take nothing off the table at all. And I think everything would have to be considered with regards to anything to do with the Leafs.”

18 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

“I would consider anything with our group here that would allow us a better chance to win the Stanley Cup. I would take nothing off the table at all. And I think everything would have to be considered with regards to anything to do with the Leafs.”

Does that include resigning? ;)

Don't do it Dubas, we like you right where you are

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Why would you celebrate a loss if you didn't hate the team? It's pretty obvious that's the reason.

No, Leafs fans don't celebrate our losses, not like this anyway. I'm in Ontario and have never come across this. They've always been indifferent or routing for us in the playoffs.

If you get that much enjoyment out of a non rival team losing, fill your boots. I just think it's strange.

People don’t like the Leafs. Get over it. No on is obligated to like them cause of your experiences with a few of their fans. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

No, Leafs fans don't celebrate our losses, not like this anyway. I'm in Ontario and have never come across this.

This may be true. But Canucks news and side bits aren't rammed down the throat of Leafs fans like the visa versa are here. We have to hear how Marleau takes Marner to the movies, AM breaks a pain of glass at practice with his shot, AM scoring is down because he's working on his D, Marner has new skate blades, every new player is a future stud, every new goalie is a future Vezina candidate. Babcock and Keefe both have been touted as Jack Adams winners at times. Dubas is apparently desired throughout the NHL at the moment, which is bizarre considering I can't think of one good trade he's made during his entire tenure. This is tip of the iceberg.........and the team has accomplished nothing, zero.....zero. This is why we hate the Leafs and their surrounding media booster club. No one, no one, endures this crap in Ontario with the Canucks, or any other Canadian team as the topic of reporting. 

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

People don’t like the Leafs. Get over it. No on is obligated to like them cause of your experiences with a few of their fans. 

Get over what? I don't care if people like or don't like the Leafs. Doesn't mean the obsession on CDC about them isn't odd.

There's people in this thread saying they don't like the Leafs because of what happened in 1967.

I'm not the one that needs to get over anything.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, chon derry said:

So we’re not supposed to post derogatory things about the leafs because of what you witnessed ? 

Reveal hidden contents

581e8ee927eb4_leafsstillsuck.gif.bdc26a0bf1cd7ecde962e90ed319df0e.gif

No I just think it's strange to see a Toronto loss celebrated as if it were a Canucks win, while also mocking their fans for celebrating a series win.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Master Mind said:

Get over what? I don't care if people like or don't like the Leafs. Doesn't mean the obsession on CDC about them isn't odd.

There's people in this thread saying they don't like the Leafs because of what happened in 1967.

I'm not the one that needs to get over anything.

You don't care so much that you feel compelled to white knight them constantly.

• Cheers 1

People dont like the leafs for many reasons but some of them include:

Tanking for Matthews

Robidas Island

Tampering

Leaks or narratives played through media regarding other teams players

Like the Cowboys a nauseating fanbase (not all of them but not dissimilar to "America's Team")

They soon realized Schenn was their #2 D-man like he pretty much was here