The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[ADF] Toronto Maple Leafs (A2) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Panthers win series 4-1

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

147 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Maple Leafs in 4
    • Maple Leafs in 5
    • Maple Leafs in 6
    • Maple Leafs in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/04/2023 at 11:00 PM

10 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I hope Canucks management is watching this series closely.

This is what happens when you build your team around offense... and say "We'll outscore them... Let defense take care of itself".

If Toronto was managed correctly, they would have traded Nylander a long time ago and replaced him with a decent top 4 D-man.

They are paying more for their top six forward group than Edmonton is... just makes no sense.  Why pick up O'Reilly at the trade deadline instead of a decent D-man?  Yeah O'Reilly is a defensive forward... but a D-Forward does not replace a high level dedicated D-man.  Once you get past Reilly, the rest of the D Corps is 2nd rate.  Yeah, we all love Schenn, but he is a 5/6... the pairing he played when he was on Tampa's Cup team.

The other thing is this Leafs team is a complacent entitled team... Mathews/Marner/Nylander think they deserve to win.  Tavares is a gamer, but he is past his best days.  O'Reilly is also a fighter, but again, he is past his best.  I don't see the grit and fire from the Leafs top three.

The other factor is while Samsonov is playing decently... he is not an A level goalie.  But of course, when you are the Leafs and paying so much for your top six, you have no money for a goalie.

All I can say is that Dumb-A$$'s plan is rapidly going down the toilet and he is probably already looking for an exit strategy.

Excellent post! 

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Bennett's IQ was matching his age on that play.  Bad enough if you think the refs are out to get you, to go and make that bonehead move. Easy call.

33 minutes ago, AnthonyG said:

Thats gunna hurt Toronto, Knies has looked pretty damn good. He seems to create a chance often

Hate to admit it, Leafs did well with that pick. Looks to be a good player 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nope....

...and it wasn't a case of betting on a favorite...it was people who thought Florida couldn't beat Toronto...

I was cheering for Boston but also aware Florida is better than a wild card team, not all of us thought Florida would lose to Toronto. I just like Boston more.

15 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

This is intent to injure - no doubt about it.  Bennett is a dirty player.  He always goes for borderline hits, he has poked at injured players down on the ice.  He sucks.

I love him and want him here.

• RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That is absolutely disgraceful.  Both plays are absolutely suspension-worthy.  The fact that Bennett got zero in-game discipline or even supplemental discipline for the wrestling move is absolute insanity.  That type of garbage move absolutely does not belong in the NHL.

4 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

That is absolutely disgraceful.  Both plays are absolutely suspension-worthy.  The fact that Bennett got zero in-game discipline or even supplemental discipline for the wrestling move is absolute insanity.  That type of garbage move absolutely does not belong in the NHL.

Again cross checking Bunting should earn you money in fairness.