The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Golden Knights win 2023 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Final  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2023 at 12:00 AM

46 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

That’s cool.  We can agree to disagree in that regard.  I guess for me I find the idea of cheering for Tkachuk to be “gross”

I used to have a lot of discontentment towards Vegas and how the league basically gifted them a good team out of the gates, but I've softened on it. The chemistry is undeniable. I was rooting for Florida, I guess, but I'm not bitter. I strive to not be a bitter Canuck fan because it would be exhausting. 

Edited by Kurt Nirvanagut
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Good point. How about making the compromise that player making over $1.5 million have have to play in say 20% of the season to be eligible for the playoffs so we avoid this back just in time for the playoffs bs we have seen in recent champions. 

There's barely 20% of the season left at the TDL.  It's players getting injured just ahead of the TDL and opening up cap room by going on LTIR that some have issue with.  

Nyquist was on IR when traded to Minnesota but they had so much banked cap space that they didn't have to put him on LTIR.  The league actually sent out a memo to make sure that no team would take advantage of similar situation where they add an LTIR player who can be parked till playoff time.  Wasn't the case here and he actually made it back before the end of the season.  

Mark Stone had his back surgery in February.  Him going on LTIR in February allowed Vegas to add for over 6M worth of contracts - still less than Minnesota.  Quick who never played in the post-season.  Barbashev and Bluegger.   The surgery was legit and had a risk that he couldn't make it back.  Don't see why they should be penalised because he had recurrent back issues.  

Landeskog is announced out for the coming season but he  made it clear that his aim is to be back for the playoffs.  NHLers are always going to do all they can to come back and even play while injured.  Tkachuk just played game 4 with a broken sternum.  Kucherov wasn't expected back before the 2nd round and his agent Millstein was really unhappy that he came back that early because he could have re-aggravated his injury.  

Edited by mll

4 minutes ago, mll said:

There's barely 20% of the season left at the TDL.  It's players getting injured just ahead of the TDL and opening up cap room by going on LTIR that some have issue with.  

Nyquist was on IR when traded to Minnesota but they had so much banked cap space that they didn't have to put him on LTIR.  The league actually sent out a memo to make sure that no team would take advantage of similar situation where they add an LTIR player who can be parked till playoff time.  Wasn't the case here and he actually made it back before the end of the season.  

Mark Stone had his back surgery in February.  Him going on LTIR in February allowed Vegas to add for over 6M worth of contracts - still less than Minnesota.  Quick who never played in the post-season.  Barbashev and Bluegger.   The surgery was legit and had a risk that he couldn't make it back.  Don't see why they should be penalised because he had recurrent back issues.  

Landeskog is announced out for the coming season but he  made it clear that his aim is to be back for the playoffs.  NHLers are always going to do all they can to come back and even play while injured.  Tkachuk just played game 4 with a broken sternum.  Kucherov wasn't expected back before the 2nd round and his agent Millstein was really unhappy that he came back that early because he could have re-aggravated his injury.  

You somehow unconvinced me.

Enforce the cap on the dressed lineup for the playoffs. 

Trade deadline or not can go pound sand. 

• Cheers 1

Just so dissappointed in the fans reactions. It’s like they didn’t really know what their team actually won and how much it means to fans that have suffered for decades of futility. Yeah they were loud and showed up in droves but it seemed like the passion was just wanting to be seen and look good for the cameras. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, SergioMomesso said:

Just so dissappointed in the fans reactions. It’s like they didn’t really know what their team actually won and how much it means to fans that have suffered for decades of futility. Yeah they were loud and showed up in droves but it seemed like the passion was just wanting to be seen and look good for the cameras. 

They will just move on to another show after a few months

• Like 1