The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Golden Knights win 2023 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Final  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2023 at 12:00 AM

_stanley_cup_playoffs_logo_finals_2023_s

Stanley Cup Final

3995_vegas_golden_knights-primary_on_dar5756_florida_panthers-primary_dark-2016.

Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2)

Sat., June 3: Panthers at Golden Knights, 8 p.m.; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

Mon., June 5: Panthers at Golden Knights, 8 p.m.; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

Thu., June 8: Golden Knights at Panthers, 8 p.m.; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

Sat., June 10: Golden Knights at Panthers, 8 p.m.; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

*Tue., June 13: Panthers at Golden Knights, 8 p.m.; TNT, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

*Fri., June 16: Golden Knights at Panthers, 8 p.m.; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

*Mon., June 19: Panthers at Golden Knights, 8 p.m.; TNT, TBS, truTV, SN, CBC, TVAS

4 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

I'll go with the cats in 6.  The guys in armor will put up more of a fight than the storm clouds did. 

I go with the Knights, problem with Hurricanes, they're unpredictable and their damage is quite limited and focused but easily avoidable, especially for an animal as fast as a Panther. Now a Golden Knight in full armor, a Panther has no chance, it'll be a slaughter.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Cats in 6....they've just got this "team of destiny" thing going on.

Reminiscent of the '93 Habs....

I dunno.  They are also reminiscent of the Anaheim Ducks' first run with Giguere, the 1987 Flyers and even the 1982 Canucks a little bit.  These miracle goalies can get you to the final but it's usually the stronger team that wins the final once it actually starts.

• Cheers 1

Comparison:

Forwards

Even:  Both teams have very good balance of scoring... with perhaps Florida having a slight advantage in the top six, and Vegas in the bottom six.  Both have stars... Panthers with Barkov and Tkachuk and Vegas with Stone and Eichel.  Both teams can score buckets of goals, but both are defensively responsible.  Slight edge offensively to Panthers, slight edge defensively to Golden Knights.

Defense

Even:  Vegas has a steadier 'defensive' back end with Pietrangelo and Theodore, the Panthers have a little more 'offensive' potential with Brandon Montour.  Both D-Corps are big, physical and steady.

Goaltending

Advantage Panthers:   Bob the goalie is about as hot as you can get... Adin Hill has played well, but he is not the same calibre.

I think the series should be close, but I am picking Panthers to prevail.

The one thing which could change the equation is playoff experience.

Vegas has more... and more Cup winners.  I also think they have more maturity and discipline.

But being a bunch of jerks hasn't stopped other teams from winning the Cup.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*