The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SCF] Vegas Golden Knights (P1) vs. Florida Panthers (WC2) | Golden Knights win 2023 Stanley Cup

Rate this topic

2023 Stanley Cup Final  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Panthers in 4
    • Panthers in 5
    • Panthers in 6
    • Panthers in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/06/2023 at 12:00 AM

Just now, Gelinas34 said:

12 years from now, Mark Stone will tell the story of how he saw the Panthers practicing raising the cup before game 1 and how that motivated the knights to win!! :bigblush:

Their media team interviewed them before the start of the series and asked them who would receive the cup first and all the players except Ekblad actually talked about it lol.

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, Gelinas34 said:

12 years from now, Mark Stone will tell the story of how he saw the Panthers practicing raising the cup before game 1 and how that motivated the knights to win!! :bigblush:

Mark Stone will get his name on the Cup because Buffalo is a loser franchise that gorced out Eichel. All the Vegas players should be thanking the Sabres for being stupid, 

• Vintage 1

48 minutes ago, Alflives said:

This is just another reason why Eichel is a guy who wins and McDivid isn’t. He makes the sacrifice. While McWhiner does what he does best - Whiner Baby.

If ‘mcwhiner’ had that Vegas D behind him I think things would  be different. Just like Eichel on buffalo had like zero success.

that d reminds me of the LA D that won  cups. Big , physical, and very good at boxing out players. 

Edited by Darius
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Odd. said:

Our team is too damn soft. Kuzmenko, Pettersson, Hughes, Mikheyev, Bear, Boeser, Garland, Beauvillier, Dries, Aman, Studnicka, etc.

With the exception of Boeser and Kuzmenko (205 and 197lbs), the rest is under 185 pounds. 

Everyone on that list except for the first 4 need to be off loaded and replaced with bigger, more physical, and faster guys that can play. It’ll take awhile, but I don’t want to see none of them in 2 years.

Miller, Podkolzin, and Joshua are our only physical players. Burroughs isn’t a regular. That is depressing.

First step to address is drafting 6’4 Simashev.

And getting Juulsen into the lineup permanently  ... he hits like a freight train 

• Cheers 4

Surprised to see Florida dominated so hard just all over the ice but Vegas just comes at them in waves and is beating them everywhere - special teams, faceoffs, neutral zone is really where they're getting owned. Bob isn't good enough either but it's hardly all his fault.

They just destroyed such good teams in Boston, a massive pretender in the Leafs and walked all over Carolina, but you could argue that Toronto and Carolina weren't really very solid playoff teams, whereas Vegas is the perfect playoff team - 4 rolling lines up front, everyone sound defensively and a great top-4 defence and surprisingly solid goalie now too.

This Florida team doesn't have any quit in them and they're really going to miss Gudas if he's out for a while, but simply put they have to win the next game and I think they win a close one, goalie duel, in OT to at least make it interesting.

2 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Surprised to see Florida dominated so hard just all over the ice but Vegas just comes at them in waves and is beating them everywhere - special teams, faceoffs, neutral zone is really where they're getting owned. Bob isn't good enough either but it's hardly all his fault.

They just destroyed such good teams in Boston, a massive pretender in the Leafs and walked all over Carolina, but you could argue that Toronto and Carolina weren't really very solid playoff teams, whereas Vegas is the perfect playoff team - 4 rolling lines up front, everyone sound defensively and a great top-4 defence and surprisingly solid goalie now too.

This Florida team doesn't have any quit in them and they're really going to miss Gudas if he's out for a while, but simply put they have to win the next game and I think they win a close one, goalie duel, in OT to at least make it interesting.

I think the long break between the Conference Finals and Finals really hurt Florida more than Vegas. Granted Vegas played more games but it was still a long break for both teams.

The difference is Florida was steamrolling the Eastern Conference because they got hot at the right time. An 8th seeded team getting hot than having a long pause no doubt cooled the team down.

And this is the difference between a team like Florida that got hot at the right time and an elite team like Vegas, when both teams are cooled down. It's the elite veteran team that can pick it up where they left off faster. 

If the Finals happened a couple of days after Vegas advanced the results would have been more even.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

She handled it like a pro.

Dang, I wonder what happened to the securities? I’ve been in the arena numerous times, and there are usually several securities completely surrounding the broadcasting section… 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Crimson-JH said:

Dang, I wonder what happened to the securities? I’ve been in the arena numerous times, and there are usually several securities completely surrounding the broadcasting section… 

Sadly we do need security guards to keep morons in check. Lady reporter did great. Did her job while pushing the moron out of the way. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Sadly we do need security guards to keep morons in check. Lady reporter did great. Did her job while pushing the moron out of the way. 

It’s always like that at the T-mobile Arena, it’s just for safety protocols. It’s Vegas, there always will be more intoxicated fans than usual. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Tim Thomas had a once in a lifetime performance that playoff. He dropped back down to earth after that run. 

Yea theres no doubting that, but ultimately he had his performance of a lifetime at the right time, Luongo did not. In just that series alone there was a 16.02GSAA spread between Luo and Thomas in 7 games.

Luongo had a -7.70GSAA

Thomas had a +8.32GSAA

people can blame whoever they want, ultimately  Tim Thomas played at an elite level and Luongo was horrible.

• Cheers 2