Di jiuseppe Dries Joshua 

Aman 

Hughes Schenn

OEL Hronek

Hirose Bear 

Boroughs 

Demko 

Silvos 

The team gets grittier and adds some veteran leadership. The Schenn Bros will keep a handle on things. Oreilly and Braden won a cup together already

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, kenhodgejr said:

To Chicago - 11th overall + Myers & Pearson 

To Van - 19th overall

To STL - 19th overall + Poolman 

To Van - Brayden Schenn 

Sign Luke Schenn

Sign Ryan Oreilly 

Trade Bouvillier to SJS for Gannon Larouque 

New lines

Mikheyev Pettersson Kuzmenko

Miller Schenn Boeser 

Hoglander Oreilly Garland 

Di jiuseppe Dries Joshua 

Aman 

Hughes Schenn

OEL Hronek

Hirose Bear 

Boroughs 

Demko 

Silvos 

The team gets grittier and adds some veteran leadership. The Schenn Bros will keep a handle on things. Oreilly and Braden won a cup together already

Put the shoe on the other foot. Even if Myers was willing to go to Chicago. If you were Chicago would you do that deal? I wouldn't. Unless Michkov was still available at 11, then I could see them doing a trade like that at the draft.

Edited by Ghostsof1915

The 11th overall to just move Myers is a bit much, he's only got 1 year left on his deal whereas that 11th overall pick could end up being someone like Reinbacher who could be a top-4 defenceman for a decade. I'll take the Myers loss for a year and Reinbacher.

We really shouldn't use our 1st to move a bad cap but if we do it'd be OEL, but I'd rather give him another chance instead of moving this pick who could end up a star.

The Schenns and O'Reilly are really getting quite old, I wouldn't be targetting them, as tough as they are, they're only going to slow down more and more. These guys are a year or two off retirement, there's bigger, stronger, younger guys out there who could be had a lot cheaper.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Like the idea of trading down to move bad contracts. But honestly likely not worth it. Meyers only has 1 year left and if the draft is as stacked as people are saying I think there is way more value in keeping him for 1 more year and taking best player available at 11.

side note...

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Put the shoe on the other foot. Even if Myers was willing to go to Chicago. If you were Chicago would you do that deal? I wouldn't. Unless Michkov was still available at 11, then I could see them doing a trade like that at the draft.

I think Chicago would do this immediately. They are a rebuilding team and we are offering them to go 8 spots earlier in the 1st round for just 1 year of a couple cap dumps? They are a cap floor team, that is an easy yes. They still need to ice a team and Meyers will play 25 mins a night for them. 

Edited by Bobby James
  • Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

After the Jim Benning OEL deal I don't think I ever want to go to extremes to avoid one year left of a bad contract again.  Unless you, say, make it to the Cup final that very year you'll regret not having just taken your medicine for one more season.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

On 6/2/2023 at 12:37 PM, kenhodgejr said:

To Chicago - 11th overall + Myers & Pearson 

To Van - 19th overall

To STL - 19th overall + Poolman 

To Van - Brayden Schenn 

Sign Luke Schenn

Sign Ryan Oreilly 

Trade Bouvillier to SJS for Gannon Larouque 

New lines

Mikheyev Pettersson Kuzmenko

Miller Schenn Boeser 

Hoglander Oreilly Garland 

Di jiuseppe Dries Joshua 

Aman 

Hughes Schenn

OEL Hronek

Hirose Bear 

Boroughs 

Demko 

Silvos 

SJS says no plus Myers days no.