The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Buyout] Oliver Ekman-Larsson

4 hours ago, grandmaster said:

He is a negative value player in my opinion. OEL has been on the decline since he was in the Coyote organization, his play steadily worsen year after year. It was thought that he would have been rejuvenated coming to Vancouver but  that was not the case.

They can talk all they want about him getting better next year but we’ve heard that song and dance before. 

OEL at a league min contract is overpayment! 

Good riddance. 

That is just completely factually incorrect. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

That is just completely factually incorrect. 

Only CDC thinks a guy 1/3rd of the NHL is interested in bringing in is trash. Just cause we bought him out doesn't mean he's garbage and can't contribute good hockey. Hell, I think buying him out was a mistake, but we needed the cap and management has no picks to sell our overpaid players. OEL is a good player, and I think it's gonna be pretty wild if Boston can make it work. They been rumored in being interested in him almost as long as our team was.

• Cheers 2

15 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Only CDC thinks a guy 1/3rd of the NHL is interested in bringing in is trash. Just cause we bought him out doesn't mean he's garbage and can't contribute good hockey. Hell, I think buying him out was a mistake, but we needed the cap and management has no picks to sell our overpaid players. OEL is a good player, and I think it's gonna be pretty wild if Boston can make it work. They been rumored in being interested in him almost as long as our team was.

OEL is a good player? Really.

Maybe you shouldn’t make comments unless you saw some of last years games. 

OEL and Myers were both statistically the WORST defending duo in the ENTIRE NHL.

Here are some facts before you keep spewing your absolutely wrong take.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Symbol

4 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

OEL and Myers were both statistically the WORST defending duo in the ENTIRE NHL.

Yes, he played the entire year until shut down injured, the year before he was one of the best shut down pairs. So no, he is not negative value even at league minimum, not even close. 

2 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yes, he played the entire year until shut down injured, the year before he was one of the best shut down pairs. So no, he is not negative value even at league minimum, not even close. 

Our defence was just as porous the year before where wins were mainly a result of JT and Dem dominance. OEL was average at best and has never been a first star in any games in either season as a Canuck. 

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Our defence was just as porous the year before where wins were mainly a result of JT and Dem dominance. OEL was average at best and has never been a first star in any games in either season as a Canuck. 

Nope. Last season was different. 

https://canucksarmy.com/news/amp/the-oliver-ekman-larsson-tyler-myers-pairing-lynchpin-last-season-actively-hurting-canucks

59 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Yet somehow some people think he’s going to flourish on another team. The guy is damaged goods. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

55 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yet somehow some people think he’s going to flourish on another team. The guy is damaged goods. 

He may not flourish but he will still be a capable top 4 dman. Just because he's not an elite level dman anymore does not mean he's useless and not even worth a league minimum either... 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

He may not flourish but he will still be a capable top 4 dman. Justy because he's not an elite level dman anymore does not mean he's useless and not even worth a league minimum either... 

OEL is done. If a team signs him they will play him in their bottom pairing in sheltered minutes. Then soon after he will be watching from above and eating popcorn as a healthy scratch. The said himself he always relied on his natural talents and didn’t train hard enough. Time caught up with his lack of commitment. 

• Wat 1
  • There it is 1

14 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

He may not flourish but he will still be a capable top 4 dman. Justy because he's not an elite level dman anymore does not mean he's useless and not even worth a league minimum either... 

sure thing

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I’m surprised at how much people think Dumba is going to get.  This has him in the 4s and I’ve seen as high as 6 mil projected for him.  

I’d look at him for around 3 mil on a shorter deal but only after exhausting Mayfield, Peeke and Schenn.

Edit: while we’re contemplating pillaging the Bruins, Connor Clifton might be a nice guy to snag as well if we can’t get a bigger body to play with Hughes.

Edited by ilduce39
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, Alflives said:

OEL is done. If a team signs him they will play him in their bottom pairing in sheltered minutes. Then soon after he will be watching from above and eating popcorn as a healthy scratch. The said himself he always relied on his natural talents and didn’t train hard enough. Time caught up with his lack of commitment. 

I'm pretty sure Juolevi and OEL share the same personal trainer, lol.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Find me a graph for the season before. It's easy to trash players playing on a bad team. Or players dealing with injuries. OEL fits both of those bills. But sure, you know better than 1/3rd of the NHL cause some random ass spreadsheet. Owen Power and Moritz Seider are on that list too. Must be pretty ass. They should really trade them. Can't believe LA traded for Gavrikov. He is terrible. Good facts guy. Really sold your point.

Edit: Didn't even mention the fact OEL is on that list with Myers. The guy the entire fanbase is literally memeing as the tank commander. Lol. Broken foot we expected OEL to carry the guy we are cheering on to hurt our team for a chance at Bedard. But yes, OEL is trash.

Edited by JeremyCuddles
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Yeah, there is a middle ground between Top Pair dman and AHL Fodder, shocking I know. 

Yup. That middle ground is an nhl 6/7 guy who eats a lot of popcorn on nights he’s healthy scratched. 

• Wat 2