The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why is no one talking about the missing submarine?

Nucklehead22

@Dazzle so if some crazy did go sideways at Arlington people’s family’s couldn’t possibly have a problem with it? As far as I’m concerned  the only sub that should have been allowed was the sub that discovered the titanic. And since that’s already been documented there’s absolutely no reason for anybody else to go there , by exploiting it for personal gain. It’s disgusting. Once again Sorry not sorry. 

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

And the fact he was so grossly negligent with safety makes it even worse. But maybe this will bring an end to people f……. around where they shouldn’t be. 

all those dead bodies still on mt Everest hasn't stopped people from going there and dying each year.  

the irony of disregarding warnings between Titanic and Titan at the same location.

Cameron said it best.  

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, chon derry said:

And the fact he was so grossly negligent with safety makes it even worse. But maybe this will bring an end to people f……. around where they shouldn’t be. 

This I can agree with. People will continue to be stupid though.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

all those dead bodies still on mt Everest hasn't stopped people from going there and dying each year.  

the irony of disregarding warnings between Titanic and Titan at the same location.

Cameron said it best.  

Not much can be done with the wreck laying in international waters. Living in prince rupert there’s a long history of fishing mishaps here. There also memorial park with a name wall dedicated to those lost at sea. I’ll add if you’ve ever seen a sunken boat from the surface, or wrecked on a beach , even with no one on board , it’s pretty spooky. But purposely going to a wreck knowing full well that a thousand people or what ever the figure is, for me it’s incomprehensible. 

24 minutes ago, chon derry said:

Not much can be done with the wreck laying in international waters. Living in prince rupert there’s a long history of fishing mishaps here. There also memorial park with a name wall dedicated to those lost at sea. I’ll add if you’ve ever seen a sunken boat from the surface, or wrecked on a beach , even with no one on board , it’s pretty spooky. But purposely going to a wreck knowing full well that a thousand people or what ever the figure is, for me it’s incomprehensible. 

it's a time capsule.  similar with warships.  Arizona, Yamato, Musashi etc  

There is a place called Chelsea Piers in Manhattan, were Canucks would go for practice when they are in town.  It includes the Pier 59 that Titanic was supposed to dock when it arrived in NYC   Now it's a recreational center that includes Piers 59-61.  The survivors rescue ship went to Pier 54, where another liner company goes to.  That pier is pat of Hudson River park now and the adjacent Pier 55 got converted to Little Island park a few years ago. The original entrance gate to Pier 54 is still there.  In 1915, the ship Lusitania left from Pier 54 before being torpedoed by a German U-boat off the coast of Ireland.  That sinking likely sped up US declaration of war on Germany.  

https://littleisland.org/history/

Edited by Jaimito

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

it's a time capsule.  similar with warships.  Arizona, Yamato, Musashi etc  

There is a place called Chelsea Piers in Manhattan, were Canucks would go for practice when they are in town.  It includes the Pier 59 that Titanic was supposed to dock when it arrived in NYC   Now it's a recreational center that includes Piers 59-61.  The survivors rescue ship went to Pier 54, where another liner company goes to.  That pier is pat of Hudson River park now and the adjacent Pier 55 got converted to Little Island park a few years ago. The original entrance gate to Pier 54 is still there.  In 1915, the ship Lusitania left from Pier 54 before being torpedoed by a German U-boat off the coast of Ireland.  That sinking likely sped up US declaration of war on Nazi Germany.  

Memorial sites are proper. Messing around ship wrecks with with all the lost souls still on it, I can’t find any sense in it. At all. The wreck is well documented ,  video , oral and written. I hope this brings this kind of exploitational  high risk profiteering thrill seeking to an end. 

9 hours ago, Jaimito said:

it's a time capsulesimilar with warships.  Arizona, Yamato, Musashi etc  

There is a place called Chelsea Piers in Manhattan, were Canucks would go for practice when they are in town.  It includes the Pier 59 that Titanic was supposed to dock when it arrived in NYC   Now it's a recreational center that includes Piers 59-61.  The survivors rescue ship went to Pier 54, where another liner company goes to.  That pier is pat of Hudson River park now and the adjacent Pier 55 got converted to Little Island park a few years ago. The original entrance gate to Pier 54 is still there.  In 1915, the ship Lusitania left from Pier 54 before being torpedoed by a German U-boat off the coast of Ireland.  That sinking likely sped up US declaration of war on Germany.  

https://littleisland.org/history/

:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

:ph34r:

Classic. I watched the original one growing up.  Didn't know it was based on the original Yamato name of WWII until I was older. 

1977 movie:

Edited by Jaimito
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Classic. I watched the original one growing up.  Didn't know it was based on the original Yamato name of WWII until I was older. 

1977 movie:

Yup, the "English translated version" Star Blazers was my introduction to 'anime'.  "Cutting edge' in my eyes in that unlike say, the GI Joe cartoon, people actually "died" in the events of the "cartoon".  I'm sure there were much earlier examples of this in Japanese animation but as I said, it was my introduction to that.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 1

On 6/22/2023 at 10:53 PM, chon derry said:

People should explore...the moon, the deep sea, the edges of the solar system.  It's idiots like this Stockton Rush that set everybody else back by causing disasters that should have never happened.

Edited by Kevin Biestra
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2

46 minutes ago, Kevin Biestra said:

People should explore...the moon, the deep sea, the edges of the solar system.  It's idiots like this Stockton Rush that set everybody else back by causing disasters that should have never happened.

True. I posted that the Edmond Fitzgerald site and the titanic site were both considered grave sites and should  be respected as such. There was a response that “people still climb mt Everest and there’s dead people there too” that’s also true. But the majority of the people that do it are also led by competent Sherpa guides, with safety steps adhered to literally and figuratively. There’s also been deaths with sherpas as well. The titanic site has been well documented, with  no real need to revisit it.    exploiting it for personal gain is one thing, even if done safely,  but doing it against some of the  most knowledgable peoples concerns about this particular craft is another. Im sure this craft and it’s owner could have appeased those concerned by choosing a safer place or abiding by mini-sub building standards. Apparently this is the first fatal incident in private adventure with mini-subs history. hopefully the last. 

Edited by chon derry
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, chon derry said:

True. I posted that the Edmond Fitzgerald site and the titanic site were both considered grave sites and should  be respected as such. There was a response that “people still climb mt Everest and there’s dead people there too” that’s also true. But the majority of the people that do it are also led by competent Sherpa guides, with safety steps adhered to literally and figuratively. There’s also been deaths with sherpas as well. The titanic site has been well documented, with  no real need to revisit it.    exploiting it for personal gain is one thing, even if done safely,  but doing it against some of the  most knowledgable peoples concerns about this particular craft is another. Im sure this craft and it’s owner could have appeased those concerned by choosing a safer place or abiding by mini-sub building standards. Apparently this is the first fatal incident in private adventure with mini-subs history. hopefully the last. 

Yeah exploiting a mass grave at the bottom of the ocean is kind of like going to Camp Crystal Lake and trying to dig up Jason at the start of Friday the 13th Part 6.  Poetic lack of surprise when it all goes pear shaped.  Too bad this moron took people with him including a 19 year old kid that didn't really want to be there in the first place.

Just now, Kevin Biestra said:

Yeah exploiting a mass grave at the bottom of the ocean is kind of like going to Camp Crystal Lake and trying to dig up Jason at the start of Friday the 13th Part 6.  Poetic lack of surprise when it all goes pear shaped.  Too bad this moron took people with him including a 19 year old kid that didn't really want to be there in the first place.

Not much can be done about it being in international waters but the American gov should have an ability to intervene with conducting or marshalling out of an American port ?