The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[TRADE] Boston trades Taylor Hall and the rights to UFA Nick Foligno to Chicago for the rights to RFA's Ian Mitchell and Alec Regula

1 minute ago, D.B Cooper said:

Spending almost 5 mill for a dwarf to play on the 3rd line and not kill penalties. 
THAT is stupid. 
If you support that, I suggest keeping your smug insults to yourself. 

I don’t think we agree too often but on Gatlsnd we are in lockstep. He’s small, slow, doesn’t PK, and has too weak a shot to PP. He’s really a very replaceable player. I’d be shocked if we can get off his cap. My hope is we can trade him for a 3 C who is a bit overpaid. Dvorak in Habland kind of guy. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Garland had any value he’d be traded already. Yes, he’s an okay player. But his contract is too much for what he brings to a club. Hopefully we can move off of all his contract without adding too much sugar. 

It is OEL on forward.
Contract is too much and too long for what he brings. He is a bad fit when our best winger prospect looks like he will be a better, faster version of him.

How do we make major changes without moving 2 of him Beau or Brock?

Edited by DrJockitch
  • There it is 1

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If Garland had any value he’d be traded already. Yes, he’s an okay player. But his contract is too much for what he brings to a club. Hopefully we can move off of all his contract without adding too much sugar. 

I wouldn't add anything. 

Keep him. 

If we get rid of him and don't add any forwards, we will be sitting here in 6 months and complaining that we have zero secondary scoring. 

Garland will be much more valuable next off-season when the cap goes up and he still has two years left. He's only 26. 

Just now, DrJockitch said:

It is OEL on forward.
Contract is too much and too long for what he brings. He is a bad fit when our best winger prospect looks like he will be a better, faster version of him.

How do we make major changes without moving 2 of him Beau or Brock. 

Beau we can trade at the 2024 TDL if we choose to. He’s on a good number and plays well with skilled guys. Plus he is defensively sound. Brock and Garlsnd will be very difficult to move. IMHAO it was a mistake extending Brock last summer. Would have been better to let him walk. 

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Beau we can trade at the 2024 TDL if we choose to. He’s on a good number and plays well with skilled guys. Plus he is defensively sound. Brock and Garlsnd will be very difficult to move. IMHAO it was a mistake extending Brock last summer. Would have been better to let him walk. 

I just can’t see a bottom six that has Garland, Beau and Hogz on it even if we find a big third line centre. If Beau is in our top 6 next year we aren’t a great team again. 
Tocchet did not trust Beau defensively after the initial bump up to EP’s line. I see him more as a speedy forechecker that isn’t a great scorer, is not great defensively and again doesn’t PK.  Essentially a middle six piece that handicaps his value by not being on PK and not really being a good enough scorer to see more than spot duty on PP1 and a spot on PP2. 

3 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I just can’t see a bottom six that has Garland, Beau and Hogz on it even if we find a big third line centre. If Beau is in our top 6 next year we aren’t a great team again. 
Tocchet did not trust Beau defensively after the initial bump up to EP’s line. I see him more as a speedy forechecker that isn’t a great scorer, is not great defensively and again doesn’t PK.  Essentially a middle six piece that handicaps his value by not being on PK and not really being a good enough scorer to see more than spot duty on PP1 and a spot on PP2. 

It seems we are trying to get off Garlsnd’s contract. Both Bess and Beau can play in our top six. Hopefully Bess is listening to his coach and GM, and working out harder this summer. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

It seems we are trying to get off Garlsnd’s contract. Both Bess and Beau can play in our top six. Hopefully Bess is listening to his coach and GM, and working out harder this summer. 

Boeser is a class act but man he has not looked engaged for a couple years. I get what is going on but the foot speed and lack of engagement are concerning. He has a big contract and nobody wants it so we will give him another chance.  He has the ability to be a good top 6 player. 
If we are going to be good next year Mik and Podz will be in top 6. If Beau is in our top six it is because of injuries or the team is struggling. 
Of what is here it is the progress of Podz that will push us. Mik is established, EP is elite, JTM is diminishing but solid, Brock is a complete wild card.  Podz is our avenue of growth in the top 6. 
Garland is a better fit on JTM’s line than Beau anyway.
I would be trading Beau or Garland if could get any value or just the cap space. We need middle six wingers that can PK. 

6 minutes ago, BigTramFan said:

I think your Forbort dreams are still alive. Carlo dreams have ended.

Might have to switch that to a Forbort + Reilly dream.

BOS still looking to clear cap space. We could probably get both those LDs for future considerations or UFA rights for Burroughs + Juulsen.

Then trade Beauvillier for Peeke.

D line up next season:

Hughes Peeke

Forbort Hronek

Reilly Myers

(Rathbone Woo)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

No we always have to have one Beau on the team. You better find me a replacement 

6 hours ago, D.B Cooper said:

Spending almost 5 mill for a dwarf to play on the 3rd line and not kill penalties. 
THAT is stupid. 
If you support that, I suggest keeping your smug insults to yourself. 

What’s stupid is dumbing down his play to twirls… 

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

I don’t think we agree too often but on Gatlsnd we are in lockstep. He’s small, slow, doesn’t PK, and has too weak a shot to PP. He’s really a very replaceable player. I’d be shocked if we can get off his cap. My hope is we can trade him for a 3 C who is a bit overpaid. Dvorak in Habland kind of guy. 

Saying Garland is slow proves you have no clue what you’re talking about and negates anything further you say about him :lol: