The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Carson Soucy

4 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Bonuses are paid July 1st, not the start of the season/camp.

But not upset at any of these moves. Neither Soucy or Cole are top end but signed to reasonable deals and can slide in on either side. Short term help until we get better through prospects and other deals. And some size, so as long a they don't turn into really large pylons, I'm good.

Myers bonus has widely been reported as being September 15

• Cheers 2
  • There it is 1

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Soucy is basically what Poolman should have been. He is a bit of a risky move - he could struggle with more minutes, he was great in a sheltered Seattle bottom pairing role.

Hopefully Hronek can carry him a bit.

As competent defensively, WAY more physical/harder to play against.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Bonuses are paid July 1st, not the start of the season/camp.

But not upset at any of these moves. Neither Soucy or Cole are top end but signed to reasonable deals and can slide in on either side. Short term help until we get better through prospects and other deals. And some size, so as long a they don't turn into really large pylons, I'm good.

Myers is Sept 1st. Probably done for this exact scenario, making it harder to move him in his final year.

I gotta say, dude really did want to play here and only here. I'm fine if we move him because we make a big trade but if not might as well keep him since we know injuries always happen to this team.

26 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Are both Soucy and Cole LHD? Who plays right side...assume a trade is coning

Soucy 6'5 220- 28  yrs old  - RD #4-#5 guy adds that toughness and RD are hard to get -- Okay with deal- PK guy

Cole  6'1 - 210 - 34 yrs old-- LD #3- #4 guy will play 19--21 mins solid guy- PK - 1 yr X 3million Happy with deal

Blueger 6'0 -195 - 28  ---- #3 or #4 Centre -- Okay with 1 yrs deal PK guy very defensive

Okay with deals..I think some trades will happen..

Oh just heard No trade clause in 3 yr deal for Soucy..

9 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

Has the Soucy-Hronek experiment had officially begun in Van?  

(Coach has options and we’re likely not done…) caveats aside, while it’s not the high end top pair I was hoping for, but it’s a big league top 4 pair from the looks of it. 

It’s enough to have me hopeful anyways.

It's not AHLers!!!

• Haha 1