The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Islanders re-sign Oliver Wahlstrom

15 minutes ago, hammertime said:

just 1 year??

Qualifying offers expired yesterday and it looks like he simply signed his.  He didn't have arbitration rights but will in a year.

Edited by mll
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I like Wahlstrom a lot but also we have enough wingers right now. 

Youre absolutely right. However we have fewer power forwards than we have C especially ones that shoot right. Wahlstrom hits like a truck and was an 11oa pick because he has a great shot. He's a great buy low candidate rn. 

Edited by hammertime
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Youre absolutely right. However we have fewer power forwards than we have C especially ones that shoot right. Wahlstrom hits like a truck and was an 11oa pick because he has a great shot. He's a great buy low candidate rn. 

100% I love Wahlstrom he looks poised to breakout. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

I have a hard time believing people actually like Wahlstrom. Everytime I have watched him play he has just come across as underwhelming. He's got a decent shot but he isn't fast enough nor does he have the IQ to find the soft spots on the ice to get it off. He is big but not consistently physical enough to play the role of a power forward. I will bet he will be on waivers some time this season, as  dear ol' Alf would say, a bustaroo bonsai.

12 hours ago, Toews said:

I have a hard time believing people actually like Wahlstrom. Everytime I have watched him play he has just come across as underwhelming. He's got a decent shot but he isn't fast enough nor does he have the IQ to find the soft spots on the ice to get it off. He is big but not consistently physical enough to play the role of a power forward. I will bet he will be on waivers some time this season, as  dear ol' Alf would say, a bustaroo bonsai.

I was praying the Canucks wouldn’t take him when I saw a pre-draft special where they were interviewing the top prospects, and one of the questions was “what are you going to do with your first NHL paycheque”. All of the prospects gave canned, generic answers like “put it in the bank”, “house for my mom”, “vacation with family” etc. Except for Wahlstrom, who said he wanted a Gucci bag.