The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks / Preds [Proposal]

Predators had a 2.7 Goals for last season and have lost Scorers in Duchene and Johansen in the off season. 

They lack the offensive edge going into the season and will have to rely on Defence and Goaltending.

Current top end talent other then Forsberg is ROR/ Nyquist/ Rookie Tomasino 

They have 7.9M in capspace

-

Canucks send one of the following in Garland/ Boeser/ Beavullier to the predators in exchange for 2024 2nd pick  (the best of their 3) and potentially a 2024 4th rd pick

This is done for capspace relief for the Canucks and gives the Preds a chance to be a wildcard team - yes I know we may be competing for their same spot

• Vintage 1

11 minutes ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

Predators had a 2.7 Goals for last season and have lost Scorers in Duchene and Johansen in the off season. 

They lack the offensive edge going into the season and will have to rely on Defence and Goaltending.

-

Canucks send one of the following in Garland/ Boeser/ Beavullier to the predators in exchange for 2024 2nd pick  (the best of their 3) and potentially a 2024 4th rd pick

This is done for capspace relief for the Canucks and gives the Preds a chance to be a wildcard team - yes I know we may be competing for their same spot

What about Garland straight up for Fabbro? They add a second if needed. 

• There it is 1

43 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Nothin' like bringing the kid back home. Always like these proposals. He isn't good enough to play with Hughes, and Hronek is likely to be 2RD, so where does he fit? Until we move Myers (?), there just isn't any room for him. 

Also, as a 3D pairing he's alright. But he really hasn't lived up to his 1st round pedigree. 

As for the original proposal, you can strike Boeser from your list; as I understand it, he's staying.

Garland seems to be the one most movable, from most media and fan beliefs. 

Personally, I'd be fine with moving Beauvillier for a 2nd and a 4th. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

I would do that deal.  We can always walk away from Fabbro in the summer if we want.  Gets Garland's contract off the books.  If we do the deal now we open up $2.4 million in cap space.  We can always bury Fabbro in Abby as well so his cap hit would only be $1.35 million and we open up $3.55 million in cap space.  

If they're looking to add goal scorers the three guys you suggested aren't the answer for them. None of them broke the 20 goal mark last season and all of them are overpaid for what they do bring. If Nashville is looking to aquire goal scoring they'll take their business elsewhere 

7 hours ago, Iron Fist said:

Fabbro has been available for a while, they haven't found anyone will to give up much for him. They don't think of him as a future core player for them 

There was actually interest at the TDL with SJS apparently offering a 2nd round pick.  Nashville had made him available because of expected cap issues and his QO/arbitration rights.  Once they changed direction and cleared all that cap space at the TDL they decided to give him another try.  New GM / new coach. 

8 hours ago, PunjabiCanucks said:

-

I like it! Exactly what the Predators need and the value is fair for both sides. Not to mention the Canucks have no choice but to create cap space and have too many wingers. Garland in particular is one who needs a fresh start.

Good idea :canucks:

I'd trade Garland or Beau to Nashville for a pick anytime. Clears some cap for us (Garland in particular) and Nashville has the money and needs offense if they aren't planning a rebuild. 

But they do have a bunch of players in their last year, so they will need to make sure they have cap space for next offseason to resign their important guys. 

11 hours ago, shiznak said:

I don’t know which dimension you lived in, but Nashville has never relied on their offense. 

Trotz has said he always coached the players he was given. It sounds like he wants to have a better balance of offence and defence since he’s GM now.

22 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

I'd trade Garland or Beau to Nashville for a pick anytime. Clears some cap for us (Garland in particular) and Nashville has the money and needs offense if they aren't planning a rebuild. 

But they do have a bunch of players in their last year, so they will need to make sure they have cap space for next offseason to resign their important guys. 

Garland for Fabbro. They add a fourth or something to even it out. 

31 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

They are in a re-set.  Trotz says step back for a year or two.  Says they are caught in the mushy middle and need to become an elite team to win a Cup.  Doesn't feel like he has any interest in the players Vancouver has made available.

Can't imagine Allvin wouldn't have called every team and in particular those with cap space and picks.  Trotz said he was looking to make trades well before the draft but with him then resorting to free agency seems like a rather solid indication that he didn't like what was available on the trade market.  Probably too mushy middle when he's looking for high end.

if they wanted offence they could have just kept Duchene who is 1-year remote from a 40 goal season.  Priority seems developing their players and making the culture changes to become an elite team.  

On 7/19/2023 at 12:47 PM, Alflives said:

Garland for Fabbro. They add a fourth or something to even it out. 

Yeah I get what you're saying. Just feels like where does Fabbro play for us? Don't think he is a top pair partner for Hughes, Hronek is our 2nd pair RD. I could see him on the bottom pair which would be great, but Meyers can't be here if so. 

On 7/19/2023 at 1:05 PM, mll said:

They are in a re-set.  Trotz says step back for a year or two.  Says they are caught in the mushy middle and need to become an elite team to win a Cup.  Doesn't feel like he has any interest in the players Vancouver has made available.

Can't imagine Allvin wouldn't have called every team and in particular those with cap space and picks.  Trotz said he was looking to make trades well before the draft but with him then resorting to free agency seems like a rather solid indication that he didn't like what was available on the trade market.  Probably too mushy middle when he's looking for high end.

if they wanted offence they could have just kept Duchene who is 1-year remote from a 40 goal season.  Priority seems developing their players and making the culture changes to become an elite team.

Yup fair enough. I get the re-tool part, but they also have key players in a win-now situation with O'Riley, Forsberg, Josi and Saros. Which makes me think they can't wait too long before they push again for the playoffs or their key guys will be too old. 

I do think Beau could make sense, he is young, but not a rookie. Has a history with Trotz (which could be good) and provides some solid all around play. 

• There it is 1

15 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Yeah I get what you're saying. Just feels like where does Fabbro play for us? Don't think he is a top pair partner for Hughes, Hronek is our 2nd pair RD. I could see him on the bottom pair which would be great, but Meyers can't be here if so. 

Well, he was Roman Josi's regular full-time partner two years ago.

22 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Yup fair enough. I get the re-tool part, but they also have key players in a win-now situation with O'Riley, Forsberg, Josi and Saros. Which makes me think they can't wait too long before they push again for the playoffs or their key guys will be too old. 

I do think Beau could make sense, he is young, but not a rookie. Has a history with Trotz (which could be good) and provides some solid all around play. 

Trotz was on the radio pre-draft saying he is willing to listen on Saros.  LA were apparently in discussion at the TDL. 

Don't see Trotz interested in Beauvillier when he was already available when he was still with NYI.  Beauvillier seems too mushy middle.  They could have just kept Niederreiter. 

He started with Pettersson but to end the season played also with others. From 1 March onwards he only had 9pts in 22 games - over a full season that's a 33pt pace.  Really doesn't fall in the elite category Trotz thinks his team is missing.  

Nashville has so much dead cap - not all that realistic to contend when so much below other teams- 8.8M this season, followed by 11.8M and then 8.8M.  Nashville changed direction because the team around their high end players simply not elite enough.  

6 minutes ago, mll said:

Trotz was on the radio pre-draft saying he is willing to listen on Saros.  LA were apparently in discussion at the TDL. 

Don't see Trotz interested in Beauvillier when he was already available when he was still with NYI.  Beauvillier seems too mushy middle.  They could have just kept Niederreiter. 

He started with Pettersson but to end the season played also with others. From 1 March onwards he only had 9pts in 22 games - over a full season that's a 33pt pace.  Really doesn't fall in the elite category Trotz thinks his team is missing.  

Nashville has so much dead cap - not all that realistic to contend when so much below other teams- 8.8M this season, followed by 11.8M and then 8.8M.  Nashville changed direction because the team around their high end players simply not elite enough.  

Ayatollah of spouting Craperolla. New Beau was great with us. He was way better than old Bo was with the Islanders. That’s fact. New Beau was excellent defensively and put up .5 ppg.

Fabbro is a 9th D for us. Woo is better.

And Trotz is a GM now. He’s going to say one thing publicly while doing the opposite. Nashville is in the sewer and we don’t want their craperolla. 
Now bow to Alf’s empties! :frantic:image.png.5a71fa697e9975b9edb2e6c3916cb5bd.png

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Ayatollah of spouting Craperolla. New Beau was great with us. He was way better than old Bo was with the Islanders. That’s fact. New Beau was excellent defensively and put up .5 ppg.

Fabbro is a 9th D for us. Woo is better.

And Trotz is a GM now. He’s going to say one thing publicly while doing the opposite. Nashville is in the sewer and we don’t want their craperolla. 
Now bow to Alf’s empties! :frantic:image.png.5a71fa697e9975b9edb2e6c3916cb5bd.png

Beauvillier was added when Mikheyev was shut-down - ie opportunity to play with Pettersson that he might not necessarily get going forward. It's crowded on the wings. 

Wonder which team will get there first.  Nashville cleaned house at the TDL then with the Johansen trade and the Duchene buyout - ie no player they don't want around and can concentrate on building that elite team.  Vancouver still with players they are looking to move on from and having to settle for reasonable in free agency.  Different approach.  Nashville missing that elite C1.