The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canes re-sign Aho 9.75x8

4 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Bo barely scored when he left. I think he had more scoring chances here.

well to be fair when Bo went to the islanders.. barzal and pageau both went down with injury.. it's not that hard to shutdown a team that literally have 1 capable center on the first 3 lines. bailey is well past his playing days. but i think a full season with a healthy barzal and pp1 time and not having just 1 line due to injuries i think horvat will still be a 60-70 point 30goals + guy. he has been a career 15% shooting% guy.. i dont think he'll all of a sudden continue to shoot 8%

7 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

well to be fair when Bo went to the islanders.. barzal and pageau both went down with injury.. it's not that hard to shutdown a team that literally have 1 capable center on the first 3 lines. bailey is well past his playing days. but i think a full season with a healthy barzal and pp1 time and not having just 1 line due to injuries i think horvat will still be a 60-70 point 30goals + guy. he has been a career 15% shooting% guy.. i dont think he'll all of a sudden continue to shoot 8%

Yep.   You can hope for 55-60 points, and 30 goals, even though he's been paid like a first line center for now.   Yikes.   Might even throw a hit every few games to boot!   Would have liked to see Horvat in the playoffs a little more, think that's where the 2 million premium would make it worthwhile.   But won't miss his complacent fly by's after something a little bit nasty happens at all.   Miller.   Well 500k.   Let's see how that goes  

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

I don't buy that excuse for Bo's drop off. 

He was doing great on our pp. Imo

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

so you don't think EP would struggle if say Miller and Horvat was both injured at the same time leaving them with 1 center and a bunch of scrap for the other lines? he was doing great on our PP coz we have hughes miller and ep that can set him up. their main and ONLY playmaker on that team is barzal.. he was out basically the entire time he was traded there. i really dont get the mentality some of you guys have.. he's traded therefore i wish him the absolute worse and hope he crash and burn or is it because he made a harmless comment that's taken out of context but don't care we need to pitchfork him and burn his jersey at center ice? Horvat's been scoring 10-12 goals on the PP and shooting at around 14% prior to Miller EP Hughes in vancouver.. so you want to say Horvat only scored those PP goals because of Miller EP or Hughes and without them he's trash?

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

so you don't think EP would struggle if say Miller and Horvat was both injured at the same time leaving them with 1 center and a bunch of scrap for the other lines? he was doing great on our PP coz we have hughes miller and ep that can set him up. their main and ONLY playmaker on that team is barzal.. he was out basically the entire time he was traded there. i really dont get the mentality some of you guys have.. he's traded therefore i wish him the absolute worse and hope he crash and burn or is it because he made a harmless comment that's taken out of context but don't care we need to pitchfork him and burn his jersey at center ice? Horvat's been scoring 10-12 goals on the PP and shooting at around 14% prior to Miller EP Hughes in vancouver.. so you want to say Horvat only scored those PP goals because of Miller EP or Hughes and without them he's trash?

Reality is Bo's goal scoring picked up for one entire season, going back to when Bruce took over until he left.   Prior to Bruce he was a fixture on the PP.   But was on pace for 43 or so points before Bruce came in.   And maybe 20 goals. 

What I noticed was he started to work on his tips on the PP.. and a lot of his goals were tip ins, sure maybe quite a few from QHs but not just him either.    They just started to go in.   Aside from that, the rest of his game was typical Horvat.   Once he gets his groove in over there with the NYI, maybe see a couple more 30 goal seasons.     

Edited by IBatch

5 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Hahaha slow down there hoss

I  just said Bo benefited more in our system 

He had no support in NY obviously. 

I would take Miller over Bo for his offense. 

EP or any other scoring forward needs 2ndary scorers and thank goodness we have that.

On 7/29/2023 at 8:31 AM, wai_lai416 said:

In addition the team got instantly better and made the playoffs after his arrival. Bo's value isn't just scoring goals. He's a top notch face-off guy and he fit right into their low scoring play style. It also takes most players time to find their place on a new team.

17 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Bo had the perfect storm with us. Absolute dogshit team and being fed in the bumper on the PP. Teams didn't even care if we scored because they knew we were giving up 6-8 goals anyway.

Like I said above though we're going to have to wait and see how Bo plays this season with an Islanders training camp and being more comfortable with his teammates. Some players hit the ground running but most players don't want to come in and take over and tell the team how they should be playing. It takes time to know when you should be an individual, or when to use your teammates. They need to learn each others tendencies.

He could only score 20/60 or he could get 40/80. I hope for the latter as I like Bo and have no ill will towards him. He definitely put in his time in Van ... management gave him Sweet F All besides a couple draft picks and Miller to work with for his entire 8 years. Having said I think last year was an outlier. He's more 30/25 player. Nothing wrong with that. Price is pretty high though.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • elephant 1

44 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

In addition the team got instantly better and made the playoffs after his arrival. Bo's value isn't just scoring goals. He's a top notch face-off guy and he fit right into their low scoring play style. It also takes most players time to find their place on a new team.

Bo had the perfect storm with us. Absolute dogshit team and being fed in the bumper on the PP. Teams didn't even care if we scored because they knew we were giving up 6-8 goals anyway.

Like I said above though we're going to have to wait and see how Bo plays this season with an Islanders training camp and being more comfortable with his teammates. Some players hit the ground running but most players don't want to come in and take over and tell the team how they should be playing. It takes time to know when you should be an individual, or when to use your teammates. They need to learn each others tendencies.

He could only score 20/60 or he could get 40/80. I hope for the latter as I like Bo and have no ill will towards him. He definitely put in his time in Van ... management gave him Sweet F All besides a couple draft picks and Miller to work with for his entire 8 years. Having said I think last year was an outlier. He's more 30/25 player. Nothing wrong with that. Price is pretty high though.

New Beau will score more points with us this year than old “elephant in the room” Bo will score with the islanders. 
Now bow and kneel to Alf’s empties for your transgression. :frantic:

• Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

New Beau will score more points with us this year than old “elephant in the room” Bo will score with the islanders. 
Now bow and kneel to Alf’s empties for your transgression. :frantic:

Settle down Alf. :P

Sure would be nice to see Beau get 35 goals somehow.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Sure would be nice to see Beau get 35 goals somehow.

He takes 2 seasons to do that, historically.

averages 18.57 per 82 games.

bumped up to 22.36 per 82 game pace as a Canuck.

It would also be nice to see Demko get 20 shutouts next year.

Both are very unlikely.

• Cheers 1

44 minutes ago, Gurn said:

He takes 2 seasons to do that, historically.

averages 18.57 per 82 games.

bumped up to 22.36 per 82 game pace as a Canuck.

It would also be nice to see Demko get 20 shutouts next year.

Both are very unlikely.

Better yet. 40 shutouts for Demko and 60 for Beau. See I didn't even double Beau's # the second time. Seems reasonable. ;)

42 minutes ago, Citizen Erased said:

In one season? When pigs fly.

@Gurn You guys ... look who I responding to.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

Reality is Bo's goal scoring picked up for one entire season, going back to when Bruce took over until he left.   Prior to Bruce he was a fixture on the PP.   But was on pace for 43 or so points before Bruce came in.   And maybe 20 goals. 

What I noticed was he started to work on his tips on the PP.. and a lot of his goals were tip ins, sure maybe quite a few from QHs but not just him either.    They just started to go in.   Aside from that, the rest of his game was typical Horvat.   Once he gets his groove in over there with the NYI, maybe see a couple more 30 goal seasons.     

I mean bo was on pace for 30 goals or close to 30 his previous 2 season prior to Bruce but didn’t reach coz both season were shortened. On pace doesn’t mean anything like a lot of you keep saying but you are also saying he’s on pace for maybe 20 goals and less than 43 points so I think it’s fair I say he’s on pace for 30 over a full season not his fault the season was cut short. Maybe it’s just me but I seem to recall more of his goals were quick 1 timer off the bumper slot rather than tip ins. 

we may have differing views but I honestly think islanders will be better than the Canucks in the short/medium term.. reason being they have a better defence.. a vezina caliber goalie.. and a decent top line.. much easier to fill the top 6 than it is to fill the defence. Cole is not a top pairing defenceman on a playoff team which is what he’ll be in Vancouver for now and soucy is more of a 3rd pairing on a contender. Prospect wise we are much better than islanders.. but that’s not really saying much.. even with willander we are ranked bottom 3rd of the league. We still have too many holes to fill.