The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGFL FANTASY DRAFT

Gator

39 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

Codi Ceci, taken in Round 18, is expected to put up about 5.2 pts per $100K. Jacob Slavin, taken in Round 1, is expected to put up 3.78 points per $100K. 

Slavin was the only person taken in the first 3 rounds that isn't on the 1st or 2nd PP and he was taken 28th overall..

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

12 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

The Calgary Flames are pleased to select Samuel Bolduc.

FzEfCtAWcAA2_GS?format=jpg&name=900x900

People who had my list last round could attest I had him next!  I actually hve been 'going to' pick the other Bolduc since Zach went 3 rounds ago.

One of the best young D not in the NHL, also with a team that needs D help.  I think you made a great pick!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Slavin was the only person taken in the first 3 rounds that isn't on the 1st or 2nd PP and he was taken 28th overall..

I swear it was about round 14 or 15 I was researching players and for a moment I started thinking - hey, you know who would be a good pick around now, oh wait...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Down by the River said:

Codi Ceci, taken in Round 18, is expected to put up about 5.2 pts per $100K. Jacob Slavin, taken in Round 1, is expected to put up 3.78 points per $100K. 

Slavin has hit 40+ points before while also being a leader in blocked shots, hits, and shots on goal (all fantasy points). While he also averages at least 30 points a season.

Ceci has never even hit 30 points let alone 29 points LOL you have no point to make.

2 hours ago, Master Mind said:

He plays 20 mins a night on a team that should have no trouble making the playoffs. His fantasy value is what we're focused on.

Appreciate the concern, but we're quite happy to have him.

Man. Just because a player plays alot of minutes does not mean they're doing the right things out there. This is why so many defensemen get overrated and overpaid.

"He plays alot of minutes!" I here it so often.

You know who else plays alot of minutes on D? Tyler Myers. Like I said Ceci does not produce even with McDavid. What fantasy value are you looking at? Ceci highest point total came one year ago with 28 points LOL.

And like I said on top of that he does not make up for it on the other side of the ice. He won't tally you hits, shots, blocks, nothing.

He's a bad pick and I'm trying to warn you.

1 hour ago, AriGold said:

Any chance you could put a team together of the worst team by worst selection in each round. Slavin will make a great Captain. 

• Tanks a lot 1

4 minutes ago, NMHockey said:

Slavin has hit 40+ points before while also being a leader in blocked shots, hits, and shots on goal (all fantasy points). While he also averages at least 30 points a season.

Ceci has never even hit 30 points let alone 29 points LOL you have no point to make.

Based on this league scoring, Jacob Slavin finished 356th overall in fantasy points last year and 86th for defenseman.

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, NMHockey said:

Man. Just because a player plays alot of minutes does not mean they're doing the right things out there. This is why so many defensemen get overrated and overpaid.

"He plays alot of minutes!" I here it so often.

You know who else plays alot of minutes on D? Tyler Myers. Like I said Ceci does not produce even with McDavid. What fantasy value are you looking at? Ceci highest point total came one year ago with 28 points LOL.

And like I said on top of that he does not make up for it on the other side of the ice. He won't tally you hits, shots, blocks, nothing.

He's a bad pick and I'm trying to warn you.

Hey Brother we are a bunch of friends playing a game of fantasy hockey together.

Mastermind runs his own league on this forum, it a quality GM, and is putting in a lot of work on the fantrax side of things.

Please keep things friendly and fun.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BBKELLY99 said:

Any chance you could put a team together of the worst team by worst selection in each round. Slavin will make a great Captain. 

You're laughing at me when Slavin has shown he can put up 40+ points while also being a leading blueliner in blocked shots. He's about to play on a Hurricanes team that will have the most offensive support on forward and defense that it's had probably since Slavins first season. He's a worthy gamble for me. I also took Slavin because I'm Christian as is Slavin and I liked the idea of a top D-man who has my beliefs, leading my fantasy team.

1 minute ago, Ilunga said:

Hey Brother we are a bunch of friends playing a game of fantasy hockey together.

Mastermind runs his own league on this forum, it a quality GM, and is putting in a lot of work on the fantrax side of things.

Please keep things friendly and fun.

I get that but I've been getting ripped on for drafting Slavin in the 1st Round while this guy just took a Defenseman that is just a wallet sucker for the Oilers payroll and their own fans want him gone. I'm trying to tell the guy he should get someone else while everyone just ripped me for Slavin. Slavin has shown he can score 40+ points while being a shot blocker and play physical... Sounds like good fantasy value for a D-man to me...

9 minutes ago, AriGold said:

Based on this league scoring, Jacob Slavin finished 356th overall in fantasy points last year and 86th for defenseman.

He also played through injuries as Carolinas entire team was beat up more than anyone by the time the playoffs arrived. It's a 50/50 chance I was willing to take. On the good side of that 50/50 is Slavin has more offensive help on forward and defense than ever before. And he scores 40-50 points while being a top ten category shot blocker. We will see.

13 minutes ago, NMHockey said:

I get that but I've been getting ripped on for drafting Slavin in the 1st Round while this guy just took a Defenseman that is just a wallet sucker for the Oilers payroll and their own fans want him gone. I'm trying to tell the guy he should get someone else while everyone just ripped me for Slavin. Slavin has shown he can score 40+ points while being a shot blocker and play physical... Sounds like good fantasy value for a D-man to me...

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 1
  • There it is 1

6 minutes ago, NMHockey said:

He is a great player.

I don't like to point it out however you started this by critisising Masterminds choice.

Don't worry about what others say, water of a ducks back brother.

From what I gather you are new to this.

It's not just about building a team that will win during the regular season, you want players on your team that will be playoff bound, and who you also think will go deeper into the playoffs.

We picked Kulak last round because he is playing for the oilers just like Ceci is.

I haven't looked at your squad however I would be interested in seeing it.

It's about time we posted ours in the other main thread.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1