Soucy Hronek

Wolanen Cole 

Irwin Bear 

Demko 

Canucks move salary and get younger while filling a needed roster spot  

Edited by kenhodgejr
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

And here I thought, the fact that Miller now has a FULL NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE, would curb the number of proposals for trading him.... lol

Mad Looney Tunes GIF by MOODMAN

Not to mention that’s an incredibly insufficient return for him. Miller isn’t being traded. No ifs ands or buts about it. If he was going to be, he would’ve been before his NMC kicked in two months ago. 

Edited by Pears
  • Like 1

On 8/17/2023 at 10:36 AM, kenhodgejr said:

To Boston - JT Miller, Jack Rathbone 

To Van - Pavel Zacha, 2024 1st protected, 

To Nashville - Myers, 2024 1st (Bos)

To Van - Dante Fabbro

Yes to the first trade. We get a little weaker at 2C, but free up a bunch of cap which will help in a couple years when our team is aiming to really compete. (Unlikely though, I think Miller is going to be with us for a while now).

2nd trade no. Keep the 1st from Boston. We need bigger defensive Dman around Hughes and Hronek and I don't think Fabbro is a strong enough top 4 D for giving up a 1st. Meyers cap doesn't matter, he's up after this year. 

2 hours ago, Bobby James said:

Yes to the first trade. We get a little weaker at 2C, but free up a bunch of cap which will help in a couple years when our team is aiming to really compete. (Unlikely though, I think Miller is going to be with us for a while now).

2nd trade no. Keep the 1st from Boston. We need bigger defensive Dman around Hughes and Hronek and I don't think Fabbro is a strong enough top 4 D for giving up a 1st. Meyers cap doesn't matter, he's up after this year. 

Fabbro? LMAAO. He’s a puck sucker. He’s a bustaroo. Rather have Myers. 

• Vintage 1

17 hours ago, Bobby James said:

We get a lot weaker.   And we won't likely spend the cap better anyways.   If we are going to compete,  we have to start soon.   This year will determine that to a degree, it all comes down to EP's next deal.   They don't want a rebuild.  

• There it is 1

42 minutes ago, IBatch said:

We get a lot weaker.   And we won't likely spend the cap better anyways.   If we are going to compete,  we have to start soon.   This year will determine that to a degree, it all comes down to EP's next deal.   They don't want a rebuild.  

Yup. New management has set up this core to prove themselves over the next two seasons. If the core proves to not to be a winner then the short term deals will be traded at TDLs. 
I see no trades, like the two suggested here, happening. Zacha and Fabbro are serious downgrades on Miller and Myers. 

• Vintage 1

Just now, Alflives said:

Yup. New management has set up this core to prove themselves over the next two seasons. If the core proves to not to be a winner then the short term deals will be traded at TDLs. 
I see no trades, like the two suggested here, happening. Zacha and Fabbro are serious downgrades on Miller and Myers. 

They are playing a methodical game.   Striking when they can, but otherwise going to create an environment where tough hard work gets you to the playoffs, and increasing areas of need (PK and size on the D) while they work to get there.   Zero complaints so far.   Signing EP this summer would be huge though.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

They are playing a methodical game.   Striking when they can, but otherwise going to create an environment where tough hard work gets you to the playoffs, and increasing areas of need (PK and size on the D) while they work to get there.   Zero complaints so far.   Signing EP this summer would be huge though.  

Yup. Getting EP extended should be the number one priority now. 

• Cheers 1