The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where is Brock Boeser??

Rate this topic

G. Reaper

29 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Interesting.

Motte is a free agent. Would be another boost to the pk.

I think most fans would welcome him back with open arms.

Yeah, everyone loves Clamato. Or maybe not, considering he's still unsigned. Regardless, I'd love to see him return.

Edited by Gassy Jack
  • Cheers 1

8 hours ago, EddieVedder said:

Its the lower right side of his own suit jacket ffs, not his arm. 

Yup. It’s his jacket pocket in which he has his hand. Brock is 100% class. He gets into great shape, has a big year, and he’d make an excellent Captain too. 

5 minutes ago, Canucks Curse said:

Motte PTO ?

comtois PTO?

you want to be hard to play against?

have these guys on 4th line 

I don’t see how pdg is better than these guys and I like him 

tbh I’d trade hogz with a first + and get another top D

Did you see how pdg brought the best out of Miller last yr?  

Pdg is a player that belongs on the team.  I like motte as a person and he works hard but he got steamrolled all game when he was here.  Hes not hard to play against.

Edited by EddieVedder

Just now, EddieVedder said:

Pdg is a player that belongs on the team

Ok I mean I sure hop PDG + Miller is a thing 

I mean if PDG Miller Brock is a legit 2nd line 

I’d be over the moon, I’m just doubtful they will be…sorry 

1 minute ago, Canucks Curse said:

Ok I mean I sure hop PDG + Miller is a thing 

I mean if PDG Miller Brock is a legit 2nd line 

I’d be over the moon, I’m just doubtful they will be…sorry 

If you're going to put miller and boeser together you better hope theres a good skater like pdg on the other wing.   Anyway, the reality is pdg had chemistry with miller.  Moreso than maybe any player since petey.  

On 8/25/2023 at 7:49 PM, G. Reaper said:

So, as we all know, Brock Boeser was high on Tocchet’s list of players that needed to do a lot of work this off season and Tocchet introduced Brock to a new trainer that he knew…

AND THAT’S IT!  That is literally all we know and unless I am missing something, that’s the last time we have had any hint of info about Brock Boeser.  I was thinking about the team today and wondering how he was progressing this offseason, having heard in the spring that he would not be participating in Da Beauty League and would be working with the new trainer but I haven’t heard a thing about him since.  Does anyone know who his trainer is?  All I could find in any article is that it’s someone Tocchet knows but no name was mentioned.
Brock’s social media has been radio silence all summer as well.  
Now don’t get me wrong, I am not saying this is a bad thing.  In fact, it could be a fantastic thing.  The other night I had a hankering to watch one of my all time favourite sports movies Rocky IV.  A silly but also totally awesome movie because of the stakes Rocky was facing after losing his best friend and of course, one of the best training montages ever put on film.  

Rocky trained in the Russian wilderness with no amenities other than a rustic cabin in the middle of nowhere with no TV or any other distractions.  He spent his days chopping down trees for firewood, doing one armed pushups, inverted hanging crunches and running up to the top of mountains.  I have this idea in my head that Brock is so serious about getting into the best shape of his life and using the immense pain he must be feeling after the loss of his father as motivation to be the absolute best version of himself physically and mentally that he can be.  

Do I think Brock is doing the Rocky IV and spending his summer in a secluded cabin with his training team and nothing to distract him?  Well, maybe not exactly like that.  But I do believe that not hearing a peep from Brock, his trainer, or even his family and friends points to a distinct possibility that we may get the version of Brock Boeser that we always dreamed of this October.  A faster, stronger, meaner, Brock.  Ready to take on the world!! 

rocky balboa GIF 

Well as flamed as I'm going to be for saying this, I'm still iffy about him with his wrist and back.. as I'm sure teams are aware of but if he does turn on the afterburners blazing and we trade him for a top D prospect/s and save cap that way then I'm happy, and then there's Garland.. 

Both redundant now, however we can't stop loading up on D picks and prospects or the core, build to this point, and the effort will be for nothing.. we already know where lack of D and depth have got us in the past and it does NOT need repeated, if we'd have had D depth in 94 and 2012 we would have had 2 cups.. 

Enough is enough already! 

21 minutes ago, icycold said:

Well as flamed as I'm going to be for saying this, I'm still iffy about him with his wrist and back.. as I'm sure teams are aware of but if he does turn on the afterburners blazing and we trade him for a top D prospect/s and save cap that way then I'm happy, and then there's Garland.. 

Both redundant now, however we can't stop loading up on D picks and prospects or the core, build to this point, and the effort will be for nothing.. we already know where lack of D and depth have got us in the past and it does NOT need repeated, if we'd have had D depth in 94 and 2012 we would have had 2 cups.. 

Enough is enough already! 

D depth? Still a conversation? Brock is the depth you need in the front.

The argument you had about D all season was cap related.... between OEL, Huges and Myers there was no room for D-men to come up from abby.

We have way more defense in the pipe than we even drafted this year.

We have way too many Offensive d-men than secondary stay home d-men and our draft just got a couple more.

The reason why Brock cant go out to the open wrist shot is he has to cover for the likes of OEL, Hughes, Myers, Heronik and likely Wolanin and willingar unless the coaching staff figures out that for every offensive D guy you need someone who can stop the 2 on 1 the other way, and it shouldnt be Brock Boeser.

AHL Defensemen Scoring Leaders 2022‑2023
Rk Name P/GP
1 Christian Wolanin 1.122
2 Lucas Carlsson 0.885
3 Darren Raddysh 1.020
4 Brogan Rafferty 0.708
  • Cheers 1

The point is Motte would be great, another guy who would take out Drysydle or MdDovid, Matthews or Mariner, and especially Marchand and be happy to get suspended in playoffs to help the team. but not sure he would wait till playoffs.

Scoucy and Cole are the perfect guys, there are D-men in abby who can fill the spots. Henchmen acquired.

On 8/28/2023 at 8:36 PM, EastCoastNucks said:

D depth? Still a conversation? Brock is the depth you need in the front.

The argument you had about D all season was cap related.... between OEL, Huges and Myers there was no room for D-men to come up from abby.

We have way more defense in the pipe than we even drafted this year.

We have way too many Offensive d-men than secondary stay home d-men and our draft just got a couple more.

The reason why Brock cant go out to the open wrist shot is he has to cover for the likes of OEL, Hughes, Myers, Heronik and likely Wolanin and willingar unless the coaching staff figures out that for every offensive D guy you need someone who can stop the 2 on 1 the other way, and it shouldnt be Brock Boeser.

AHL Defensemen Scoring Leaders 2022‑2023
Rk Name P/GP
1 Christian Wolanin 1.122
2 Lucas Carlsson 0.885
3 Darren Raddysh 1.020
4 Brogan Rafferty 0.708

We have lousy luck with D injuries and it's been like that for years and honestly our D depth isn't that good and sorry if a 2 on 1 is going the other way, whoever can physically get back, F or D, it's a team D game that we've been sorely lacking for that very reason, but just because we have "some" depth, it's arguable about the quality, we don't have enough to go toe to toe in a Stanley cup run with the big teams and that's nothing new. 

If we keep on the track of getting more, then that may change but for now, it's still not good enough. 

Wish it weren't so but that's the reality of it, for now anyway. Hopefully that will change soon enough.

On 8/28/2023 at 6:24 PM, EddieVedder said:

Pdg is a player that belongs on the team.  I like motte as a person and he works hard but he got steamrolled all game when he was here.  Hes not hard to play against.

Yes, PDG belongs on the team, on the 4th line.