The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Senators, Canucks Could Be Teams To Watch On Trade Market

RWJC

12 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I would totally agree. Signing Mik sort of made sense, but the dollars didn't. What bugs me is Kuz was signed BEFORE Mik. I'm not sure they felt they were taking a gamble with Kuz, and wasn't sure it was going to work out? It seems to me once they signed Kuz, even for one year. They really didn't need to sign Mik. They should have showed more restraint in keeping the cap down. Could we use a PK'er that's a scoring threat? Absolutely. But $4.75 million per season for 4 years. Ouch. I'm really hoping when Mik comes back he's fully healthy and show he's worth every penny, Because he seems like a great guy. But the team needs some flexibility with the cap.

Exactly. It's questionable money for a full season but at ~45 games a year. Blech!

On 9/8/2023 at 7:06 PM, PhillipBlunt said:

Trading Beau doesn’t really change the makeup of the team much, but Myers as a 3rd pairing RHD is valuable. Under the coaching staff, he could really flourish as a physical presence. 

Beau is still a really good third line winger and in his prime. Unless we can use his cap saving to better the team before the start of the season, I dont see the point. If they have another potential deal that requires cap space on the table then by all means ship him out as fast as you can. 

42 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Beau is still a really good third line winger and in his prime. Unless we can use his cap saving to better the team before the start of the season, I dont see the point. If they have another potential deal that requires cap space on the table then by all means ship him out as fast as you can. 

Beauvillier isn’t a 3rd liner. He isn’t good defensively and doesn’t kill penalties. 

I’d rather have Pearson on the 3rd line. Or Podkolzin. If Beauvillier isn’t playing in your top 6 then he really isn’t that useful to us. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Beauvillier isn’t a 3rd liner. He isn’t good defensively and doesn’t kill penalties. 

I’d rather have Pearson on the 3rd line. Or Podkolzin. If Beauvillier isn’t playing in your top 6 then he really isn’t that useful to us. 

That's kind of the problem we have with all of Beauvillier, Boeser, and Garland. All are decent players but none are suited for the 3rd line. However, we have too many wingers so one of them has to play on the 3rd line (unless you bump Mikheyev down instead).

Theoretically for our top 9 we could run

Beauvillier-Petey-Kuzmenko

Garland-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev/Pearson-Suter-Podkolzin

However, I would much prefer Mikheyev in the top 6 when he's ready to go.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Elias Pettersson said:

New Beau is actually very good without the puck. He never cheats the game like old Bo did. 

20 hours ago, Diamonds said:

That's kind of the problem we have with all of Beauvillier, Boeser, and Garland. All are decent players but none are suited for the 3rd line. However, we have too many wingers so one of them has to play on the 3rd line (unless you bump Mikheyev down instead).

Theoretically for our top 9 we could run

Beauvillier-Petey-Kuzmenko

Garland-Miller-Boeser

Mikheyev/Pearson-Suter-Podkolzin

However, I would much prefer Mikheyev in the top 6 when he's ready to go.

Suppose it depends which line takes key matchups. That line will likely have one or two of PDG/Mikheyev/Pearson on it.

I see it as 

kuz-petey-boeser ( think lotto line 2.0)

Pearson-Miller-podz ( podz with a big year and this line has decent size and can wear teams down)

Garland-suter-Mik (  defence plus speed)

Joshua-blug-beau ( I would love for beau to be traded or have hogs here if he shows up this season )

Edited by Pazura92
  • There it is 1