The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Senators, Canucks Could Be Teams To Watch On Trade Market

RWJC

2 hours ago, Maninthebox said:

Then what is impressive..? Sub par return for Horvat, somewhat balanced by an arguably high cost to aquire the uncertainty of Hronek. What am I missing?

OEL buyout? Recent depth signings? If I was looking for a word to describe PA's dealing this past year, I think I'd lean toward "meh".

Or maybe Horvat was overvalued as a player. He wasn't great defensively and was padding his stats at the end. His play came back to reality when he went to NYI. Thank god we never signed that boat anchor contract. He'll be lucky to ever put up 60 PTS again

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

Or maybe Horvat was overvalued as a player. He wasn't great defensively and was padding his stats at the end. His play came back to reality when he went to NYI. Thank god we never signed that boat anchor contract. He'll be lucky to ever put up 60 PTS again

You forgot to add “I’ll tell you that for free”

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, KKnight said:

I could see a deal with any of the Habs,jackets, preds, ducks or Sabres. Maybe more, depending on LTIR for some teams. 

The Hawks could make sense too, although we'd likely be getting a minimal return, assuming we aren't paying to move him

Could plunk him into their top six and flip him at the deadline 

I'm not chomping at the bit to move Beau, I just believe his being a low commitment acquisition would make him more appealing to most teams than a guy with term, particularly as a player who's more of a middle six tweener

Cap space in itself has to be viewed as an asset, Beau isn't a surefire keeper therefore being able to simply let him go is a boon

Edited by Coconuts

40 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

I was shocked how little I missed having Horvat on the team after he was traded. I thought they actually looked like a stronger team without him. I had this idea in my head that it was so important to have Horvat on the team to take faceoffs and play the tough match-ups, but I do now think he was over-rated (not bad, just over-rated) and nowhere near worth an 8x8.5 deal.

I'll tell you that for free!

Edited by Strawbone
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Retaining on Myers makes no sense as he's paid $1 Million after his bonus has been paid.

The reality, I don't see any teams that desperate to pick him up.

Maybe at the trade deadline?

Toronto might have interest at the deadline. Since Treedying is their GM, we can probably get a higher pick from them. Maybe a 2nd. Wouldn’t that be something? After all the wasted 2nd round picks we get one back!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Curmudgeon said:

You obviously haven't been paying attention. Just so you know, I have kept track of every transaction that Allvin and company have made. It is anything but meh.

Signed FA Arshdeep Bains

Signed C Linus Karlsson

Signed Swedish UFA Nils Aman

Signed LD Christian Wolanin

Signed LW Andrei Kuzmenko to Entry Level, one-year deal, bonus laden. Then extended him for two more years.

Signed C/W Curtis Lazar to 3-year contract for $3 miliion, $1 million AAV. (Later trade for 4th roind pick 2023)

Signed RW Ilya Mikheyev to a 4-year, $19 million contract, $4.75 million AAV.

Signed C Dakota Joshua to a two-year, 1-way deal for $1.65 million, or $825 AAV.

Signed G Collin Delia to a one-year, one way contract for $750K.

Signed LD Wyatt Kalynuk to a one year, $750K contract. (Later traded for future considerations)

Signed LW Phil di Giuseppe to a 1-yr, $750K contract.

Traded C Jason Dickinson to Chicago for LD Riley Stillman (Later traded to Buffalo for LW Josh Bloom)

Traded G Mikey DiPietro and D Jonathan Myrenberg to Boston for C Jack Studnicka

Traded 5th Round 2023 to Carolina for RD Ethan Bear and minor leaguer C Lane Pederson

Lost C Lane Pederson on waivers to Columbus

Traded C Bo Horvat to NY Islanders for RW Anthony Beauvillier, C Aatu Raty and a conditional 1st round pick, either in 23 or 24

Traded RW Will Lockwood + 7th 2026 to New York Rangers for F Vitali Kravtsov

Traded D Riley Stillman to Buffalo for prospect LW Josh Bloom

Traded D Luke Schenn to Toronto for 3rd round 2023.

Traded NYI’s 1st round 2023 and Van 2nd round 2023 for RD Philip Hronek and Detroit’s 4th round 2023

Traded Curtis Lazar to New Jersey for 4th round 2024

Traded D Wyatt Kalynuk to New York Rangers for future considerations

Extended D Guillaume Brisebois for 2 years at $775K ($375K in the AHL) in first year and $775K in second year

Signed LD Kirill Kudryavtsev to a 3-year, entry level contract

Extended LW Phil Di Giuseppe to a two-year, two-way contract

Signed LW Aidan McDonough to a two-year, entry level contract

Extended Christian Wolanin to a two-year, two-way contract ($775K NHL and $500K AHL)

Signed NCAA C Max Sasson to a two-year, entry level contract

Signed NCAA LD Akito Hirose to a one-year, two-way contract

Signed G Nikita Tolopilo to two-year entry level contract. A Latvian, Tolopilo played with Sodertalje in the Allsvenskan.

Signed RD Cole McWard to two-year entry level contract. From Ohio State U, 39GP 9G 12A  21PTS

Signed LD Elias Pettersson to three-year, entry level contract. Will play one more year in Sweden with Orebro., SHL

Signed RW Jonathan Lekkerimaki to three-year, entry level contract. Loaned him to Orebro, SHL

Signed D Jett Woo to one-year, two-way deal. $775K at NHL level and $100K at AHL level.

Bought out D Oliver Ekman-Larsson

Signed C Pius Suter to two-year, $1.6 AAV contract. Played last year with Detroit.

NHL Entry Draft at Nashville

Round 1, 11th : Tom Willander, RD, 6’1”, 185. Played for Rogle in Swedish J20. 4-21-25 22PIM +7. Will play 23/24 at Boston U., NCAA.

Round 3, 75th : Hunter Brzustewicz, RD, 6’0”, 190. Played for Kitchener OHL. 6-51-57 12PIM +8

Round 3, 89th : Sawyer Mynio, LD, 6’1”, 173. Played for Seattle, WHL. 2-26-31 40PIM +50

Round 4, 105 : Ty Mueller, LC, 5’11”, 195. Played for U.Nebraska-Omaha, NCAA. 12-13-25 4PIM +9

Round 4, 107 : Vilmer Alriksson, LW 6’6”, 214. Played for Djurgardens J20.12-9-21 22PIM.  Will play 23/24 at Guelph, OHL.

Round 4, 119 : Matthew Perkins, LC, 5’11”, 156. Played for Youngstownm, USHL. 15-29-44, 77PIM

Round 6, 171 : Aiden Celebrini, RD, 6’1”, 187. Played for Brooks, AJHL. 5-16-21 82PIM. Will play 23/24 at Boston U., NCAA.

Free agency day

: Teddy Blueger, LC, 1yr x $1.9M. 28 years old, 4-12-14, 14 PIM, -2. ATOI 12:55

: Ian Cole, LD, 1 yr x $3M. 34 years old, 6’1” 225. 3-14-17, 61 PIM, +13 ATOI 19:23

: Carson Soucy, LD 3 years x $3.25M. 28 years old, 6’5”, 208,3-23-16, 68 PIM, +18 ATOI 16:18

: Matt Irwin, LD, 1 Year, $775K NHL, $450K AHL. 35 years old, 6’2”, 200, 2-3-5, 36PIM, -8. ATOI 13:02

: Zach Sawchenko, G, 1 year, $775K NHL, $200K AHL. 25 years old, 6’1, 185. 1-2-1, 3.35 GAA, .901 Sv%

Thanks amigo... too many fealing to keep track of, of the top of your head, but yes, definitely anything but dull...

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Simple solution.  Garland for Pinto

Canucks can never have enough pivots 

Lots of teams will be after Pinto 22, 6'3 -- C ?? scored 20 goals..

I would think Ottawa would want Podkolzin back .. Podkolzin 22-6'1 --200lbs

Garlands 27 4.9 million

I say Boston tries very hard to make trade for Pinto..Boston really need  a young centre ..Boston lost there #1 and #2 centres both retired..

2 hours ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Trading Myers or Beau doesnt make us a better team unless we are getting similar type players back on 1 year deals that fill our needs more. Better off waiting until trade deadline at this point.

Trading Beau doesn’t really change the makeup of the team much, but Myers as a 3rd pairing RHD is valuable. Under the coaching staff, he could really flourish as a physical presence. 

• Wat 1
  • There it is 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Trading Beau doesn’t really change the makeup of the team much, but Myers as a 3rd pairing RHD is valuable. Under the coaching staff, he could really flourish as a physical presence. 

As depth, Myers is still incredibly important to this club. People disregard that because of cap hit, but good luck in finding a viable replacement for him if absolutely necessary. Best play right now is to move Garland for straight cap relief. Go through the season to see where Beau fits in as and when needed and depending on position, keep him as a cheap “freebie” for a playoff run. Utilize the Garland cap savings to purchase expiring UFA depth at TDL. If not in the hunt, we’ve established two decent trade targets for any contenders. 
it’s the safest bet at the moment. 

once we see how the season progresses perhaps there’s a few more “hockey trade” options presented from and through other teams’ fate, but for now if we’re serious to try and make the cut, we will need allllllll the depth with NHL experience that we currently have. Move Garland and GM the sh!t out of how we best utilize any excess F or call ups. 

Mik, BB6, Pearson are all still question marks. Kuz may hit the sophomore slump. Better to be safe than sorry if expecting things to simply run smoothly, because that is not the pedigree when it comes to this club unfortunately 

Edited by RWJC
  • Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, Outsiders said:

Because Horvat accepted losing. Horvat most nights was out there playing it safe and never once brought any physicality/toughness. Nights when we were down 4-1 or 5-1 he could have fought and sent the team a message or at least presented a nasty side. Instead, he would just go out for a skate and then say postgame "we weren't good enough tonight". All post game interviews sounded the same for 5 losing seasons.

Players see the guy at the top and if they see him padding his stats, playing soft/not standing up for teammates and cheating the game what do you think they will do? Once ownership got rid of the problem our mindset of "losing is acceptable" changed to losing won't be tolerated any longer. There is a reason management put their money on JT Miller and not Horvat. They knew JT was the real leader in that room. Whether he ends up with the "C"or not, Miller will still be a vocal player that will drag the team into the fight. Something Horvat showed he wasn't capable of doing.

I am so glad Alvin and Co. seen through his BS too. To think about us keeping him and trading Miller would have taken us so far back, we would be probably looking at a full rebuild by now. 

He was way overrated and didn't possess the leadership qualities that was needed to take this team into battle. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • There it is 1